PDA

View Full Version : Make the forum the homepage

CIM
28-05-2011, 17:11
You may have your reasons for not wanting to do this but would it be better to have the actual forum on the homepage?
Might be some people logging on, not seeing the forum, completely missing the "forum" button and disappearing again. Or add a big button to take them to the forum?

CIM
28-05-2011, 17:35
If they miss the forum button they can end up with this link:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And they may then end up going elsewhere.

Pooh
28-05-2011, 17:40
That is being worked on; This forum was launched before really completely configured 100%, but the admin is working away and straightening out things...

MrsTT
28-05-2011, 17:43
I think it will take a couple of days to iron out all the wrinkles but at least we have a working tool again!

tonypub
28-05-2011, 20:18
let us know when its all sorted so we can spread the word.thanks for the hard work

slodgedad
31-05-2011, 00:22
As I've said before: It took God 6 days, it may take us a little longer..(Much bigger job)

COL NIL SATIS
08-07-2011, 21:57
Quick fix Slodgie...How to Remove the Home navtab:Vbull 4

Go to Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager > Product: vBulletin CMS > Navbar: Insert CMS Navbar Entry
Plugin is Active: Change from Yes to No
Click SAVE

that'll make the Forum button as the 1st in the navbar

If the Home button is going to be used in future(For CMS or the Vbull Suite) mate just click Product: vBulletin CMS > Navbar: Insert CMS Navbar Entry Plugin is Active- Yes and itll go back to having the Home button as the 1st tab

gary d
09-07-2011, 00:04
too much info for me folks.i will stick to login and browse