PDA

View Full Version : An Incredible Lady

Margaretta
05-10-2011, 18:22
The fabulously wealthy Duchess of Alba, 81, has married a Spanish Aristocrat 24 years her junior in her palace (one of many) in Seville. She is an amazing character and danced a flamenco on the red carpet after the wedding. She had to divide her fortune between her six children and get her fiance to sign away his possible future share on her demise, in order to persuade them to give their blessing to the wedding. What a lady! I'd LOVE to meet her! Amor vincit omnia!

canarybird
05-10-2011, 20:31
I also find her fascinating! BTW she's 85 years old, not 81.

Although she's the most titled woman in the world and has lived a privileged life, she has a love of simple pleasures such as browsing the hippy markets in Ibiza, buying beads and colourful cotton shawls with her grandchildren.

No slave to fashion that lady. She wears fishnet stockings, ankle bracelets and flowers in her hair.
She's always loved Sevilla and as a young woman learned to dance flamenco with a private teacher.

I'm waiting for a couple of books about her to arrive in the mail. She certainly has a mind of her own and I think she's fabulous!

PS her husband is no aristocrat. He has been working as a clerk in a government office, and will now look for a new job.

Canarybird

Margaretta
05-10-2011, 20:44
Thank you Canarybird!
I got a couple of bits wrong having taken them from newspaper reports...Haha! Not always correct!
Do you have some titles of books about her and the authors? We may be able to download them on the Kindle. She'd make a great film subject!

canarybird
05-10-2011, 21:26
Margaretta...I agree she would make a fascinating subject for a movie.

I've just checked and the books I've ordered are in Spanish ...here is one of them, and I can't find the link to the other right at this moment:

La Duquesa de Alba (http://www.amazon.es/Duquesa-Alba-nobleza-Biografias-Memorias/dp/8497348052/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317845881&sr=1-3).

I see they are now out of stock of this book, but my copy has already been shipped and should arrive any day.

The other may have been called "Cayetana Duquesa de Alba" or something like that.

I'm also waiting for a biography of Queen Sofia whom I admire to come in the same package from the Spanish Amazon.

doreen
05-10-2011, 22:42
I've always thought of her as an exhibitionist :(

Loaded
05-10-2011, 22:50
An 81 year old exhibitionist ? *shudder*!!

doreen
05-10-2011, 22:53
An 81 year old exhibitionist ? *shudder*!!

There is another definiton :lol: The act or practice of deliberately behaving so as to attract attention.

Margaretta
05-10-2011, 23:26
Yes but if it is a role, she has played it for so long that is is now her and she seems to be really enjoying and making the most of her life. I really hope I can HipHop or do the Hornpipe at 84. She probably was the archetypal 'embarrassing Mum' but I'm sure the family are probably proud of her eccentricities too! It may be really genuine that she wants to do her 'thing' and is an unconventional royal.

Anyway she is different and seemingly harmless and it is hard to anticipate what she will do next so I think those attributes make her fascinating.

Quiet dignity can also achieve fascination in its mysteriousness.

Thank you for the book titles Canarybird.