PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get a 1€ beer in Tenerife?

wulfgar
06-10-2011, 04:18
Hi i was in tenerife a couple of years ago and a lot of places was selling a beer for a euro

is that still the case and can any one recommend any good bars that are worth a visit

poker
06-10-2011, 04:35
Yes no problem to drink 1€ beer here :-):-):-)

Sent using Tapatalk.

henry
06-10-2011, 20:37
at the beach front of los cristanos some bars there charge 0.95 cents for a mug of beer

marbro8
06-10-2011, 21:13
we were over in may and there were a few bars sellling 1 euro a pint, but most bars charge 1.5 euros now, but be careful because a friend of mine was there about a month ago and had about 6 pints in one particular bar (because i had recomended it) and his bill came to 18 euros and when he questioned it they had been serving him fosters, so you must remember when ordering to say " local please" which in my opinion is loads better than ausie dingo p**s anyway:wink:

Dan747
07-10-2011, 02:23
Dorada is far superior to any of the imported stuff anyway, at half the price!

Medman
07-10-2011, 08:25
Dorada is far superior to any of the imported stuff anyway, at half the price!

Not in the Magic Bar ......... 6 euros !.........total rip off.

lcbandit
11-10-2011, 05:14
is that down near the safari centre??

Medman
11-10-2011, 07:28
is that down near the safari centre??

Yes. across the road from the Dancing Fountains at the Mare Nostrum Resort.

jogger321
11-10-2011, 09:04
Not in the Magic Bar ......... 6 euros !.........total rip off.

As in "Gods way of telling you, you have too much money!"

Medman
11-10-2011, 09:14
As in "Gods way of telling you, you have too much money!"

Aye, but not for long .......... :cheers:

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 11:48
With today's rate of exchange, in Tenerife you can get about 1.5 pints of beer for your pound...good news for the budding alcoholic! :cheers:

tfs1
26-03-2015, 11:59
person staying next to us paid 95c for a "pint" yesterday

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 12:02
person staying next to us paid 95c for a "pint" yesterday

There is a bar on the sea front of L/C (close to the abandoned seafront villa) that advertises a pint for 95c. It's been at that price there for a few years.

Davie Thistle
26-03-2015, 12:48
.........had a pint of it last week,
just to say I paid under a Euro for a pint of "beer"

tasted like Tigers Pee!!!
not that I know wot that tastes like! - cof!

LUCKY
26-03-2015, 12:58
.........had a pint of it last week,
just to say I paid under a Euro for a pint of "beer"

tasted like Tigers Pee!!!
not that I know wot that tastes like! - cof!

They say that is an aphrodisiac :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

imablue
26-03-2015, 14:51
The original wigan pier (Torviscas) sell amstel @1 euro a pint till 7pm.
The irish rose (puerto colon) sell alhambra @ 1 euro a pint think till 8pm.:cheers:

primrose
26-03-2015, 18:36
Be careful a lot of bars serve 1 Euro pints, but rip you off with soft dinks, we went in one on the front 1 Euro a pint for Dorada 3 -50 euros for can of coke.

marbro8
26-03-2015, 18:40
Be careful a lot of bars serve 1 Euro pints, but rip you off with soft dinks, we went in one on the front 1 Euro a pint for Dorada 3 -50 euros for can of coke.i have always said, it is cheaper to get peeed in tenerife than it is to stay sober:trink::drunk::drinking:

LUCKY
26-03-2015, 21:33
Be careful a lot of bars serve 1 Euro pints, but rip you off with soft dinks, we went in one on the front 1 Euro a pint for Dorada 3 -50 euros for can of coke.

We don't do soft drinks here at lower GDS . We are always Slurring our words by dinner time. Whenever that maybe But i do know a Place at GDS Where one can get a large beer for one euro including tax and is a good quality drink Up to 6 oclock in the evening. PM me for details :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

primrose
26-03-2015, 21:40
We don't do soft drinks here at lower GDS . We are always Slurring our words by dinner time. Whenever that maybe But i do know a Place at GDS Where one can get a large beer for one euro including tax and is a good quality drink Up to 6 oclock in the evening. PM me for details :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

You trying to get rid of me I am allergic to alcohol.I can't even have sherry trifle and your telling me where to get a large beer.:scared:

LUCKY
26-03-2015, 21:53
You trying to get rid of me I am allergic to alcohol.I can't even have sherry trifle and your telling me where to get a large beer.:scared:

Reply Pending .... It may take a while to decently and appropriately Reply . To the Lady primrose :flatcap: I doff my cap once again :flatcap:

bennoa1
26-03-2015, 21:54
I prefer Dorado or Reina. Do they still sell Tropical? - horrid first sip and that really puts me off. Estrella Galacia (spelling correct?) isn't that good either, always seems to be lot of bits near the bottom which is a concern. Would prefer to pay 1.50 if its a better beer. Lots of places sell awful beer and I'd dread to think what the cleaning standards are like. I'm pretty fussy with things like that and I like the places where you can the food and kitchens. Bottle Dorado is generally a euro or just over and at least you can be certain of the quality. The Especial (black label) is very nice, the normal Dorado (red label) is better than the draft. Will be there next Thursday so wil be doing some more sampling just to check the quality. Can only drink so much beer though so enjoy a larger proportion of red wine nowadays.

LUCKY
26-03-2015, 21:58
I prefer Dorado or Reina. Do they still sell Tropical? - horrid first sip and that really puts me off. Estrella Galacia (spelling correct?) isn't that good either, always seems to be lot of bits near the bottom which is a concern. Would prefer to pay 1.50 if its a better beer. Lots of places sell awful beer and I'd dread to think what the cleaning standards are like. I'm pretty fussy with things like that and I like the places where you can the food and kitchens. Bottle Dorado is generally a euro or just over and at least you can be certain of the quality. The Especial (black label) is very nice, the normal Dorado (red label) is better than the draft. Will be there next Thursday so wil be doing some more sampling just to check the quality. Can only drink so much beer though so enjoy a larger proportion of red wine nowadays.

My GOD you must have money to burn . Us yorkshire folk left the bar cos Happy hour as Finished some 20 minutes ago :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 22:15
My GOD you must have money to burn . Us yorkshire folk left the bar cos Happy hour as Finished some 20 minutes ago :flatcap:

We can always tell when you've found a pub that has a "Happy Hour" and even more so, when it's been a "Happy Two Hours"!" :D

bennoa1
26-03-2015, 22:19
Jealous to an extent but wouldn't leave a bar before 11. Don't live there but own so come out often, probably been 150 times. Beer with breakfast is nice but guess its more of a holiday thing, but as already said beer is cheaper than water (in bars). I remember a pound a pint nights in the UK but not anymore, more like £3-4 a pint unless you're at Wetherspoons - I prefer proper ale now anyways but drink lager when over there. Price in TF hasn't changed in 15 years.:wow:

ribuck
27-03-2015, 12:44
If you don't need a whole pint, in the rural village bars you can usually still get a bottle of Dorada for €1 or even 90 cents sometimes.

A couple of weeks ago in Los Cristianos, I got scammed by an outdoor place in Av. Los Playeros which advertised pints for €1. As I suspected it was really €1 + IGIC, but I also ordered chips which were priced in the menu at €1.50. I asked for "pequeño" even though no other sizes were listed. I received a small plateful but was charged €2.75 for "large" chips. I had an animated discussion with the owner, who wouldn't budge on the bill because I had already eaten the chips. If I didn't have a ferry to catch I would have invoked the complaints book.

marbro8
27-03-2015, 18:54
i love to start our night off with a visit to the bar on top of the cc passarela, above manhattans, the alhambra especial is fantastic, and there are about 8 different beers to choose from and a couple of ciders, there is also a cocktail bar loads of little units selling shellfish, steak, chicken, pizza, and nacho's if you just want a snack before your main meal, and you get to see the last of the sun as it sets over las americas:wink:

ddoyle
30-03-2015, 13:28
Lot of the little Bars and restaurants around the beach at Porto Colon still do a pint for €1, my favourite is the Irish Rose.