PDA

View Full Version : Where can we buy food when we arrive late in Tenerife?

mctraill
06-10-2011, 15:07
Hey..can you help, we arrive in Tenerife at 8.30pm, we figure that by the time we get to our apartment in Playa Del Duque by 10.00pm. We were wondering what time the supermarkets close and what time the restaurants take their last orders for food. We will like most have kids with us and was wondering if we might arrive to late...Anyone have any advice?

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2011, 15:10
Welcome to the forum !

That is not particularly late for there , you shouldn't have a problem there are 24 hour places you will just have to ask at your reception (if you have one)

Have a lovely time

Balcony
06-10-2011, 16:17
Speak to whoever you rented from and check ifanything is supplied for your arrival. Often a 'starter pack' of essentails is left. But be aware a litre of water won't go far! Some parts of ther Duque area are a bit quiet. Unless you pack a few things in your checked-in luggage you won't be able to take much through check-in/security. As a precaution, I'd suggest that after you go airside at your departure airport you buy some bottles of water specifically for use once you land and maybe some sandwiches/snacks - you can of course get these on the plane. There is a fast-food place in the main hallway at the airport as well as a shop, but I'm not sure of what time they are open until. The shop would be good for water, or things like sweets!

lcbandit
11-10-2011, 05:18
there are also some takeaway places that will deliver too:)

OST
11-10-2011, 13:25
hope you have a nice holiday :)

Stoney
11-10-2011, 13:32
All you need to do is go to Fanabe Beach Front the place is full of restaurants and small shops that see water etc. There is also a Burger King and McDonalds would take about 15 mins to walk there.

mctraill
12-10-2011, 18:01
All you need to do is go to Fanabe Beach Front the place is full of restaurants and small shops that see water etc. There is also a Burger King and McDonalds would take about 15 mins to walk there.

That will keep my brotherinlaw happy knowing there is a Mcdonalds near by...LOL....Thank you all for your advice, I cant wait I have heard lots of things about tenerife...