PDA

View Full Version : Is the server really that busy?

Zara
06-10-2011, 16:51
It has taken me over 40 minutes to place a 4 line vacancy on the forum. Between each action, logging on, finding correct section, writing post, proof-reading and posting I received the following message ...The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. or Error 404, server not found

I could not log on to the forum at all this morning and contacted Doreen who reported the issue. I asked Oneleg if he could place the advert for me but he was getting the same messages. He told me this afternoon he was now logged on so I tried and the result is it has taken this amount of time to write a post.

Is this a known problem? I am posting here as I canīt raise a help-ticket, and this is my 5th (make that 6th) attempt !!

slodgedad
06-10-2011, 21:28
I've checked your settings at this end and nothing appears wrong.

Have you checked your own profile? Maybe you have something that you have inadvertently changed

dokgolf
06-10-2011, 21:39
I found that since yesterday, forum pages are taking an age to load. I thought it was the browser's fault and switched to Firefox but still experiencing delays

Malteser Monkey
07-10-2011, 09:01
Internet Explorer is a nightmare whichever computer I use. Safari (at work) seems to be the best Zara - do you have that ?

Morning by the way !

Zara
07-10-2011, 16:32
Google Chrome Monkey and now everything is working fine so not going to look into my profile just in case I touch anything.:thanx: