PDA

View Full Version : Is it expensive to use ceiling fans in Tenerife?

sunchaser
08-10-2011, 13:29
Hello,
We have rented a apartment long term in tenerife,we are really pleased with the apartment and the weather is fantastic,but as you know it is hot at night too i am not moaning btw,but i am concerned about the fact that we are leaving two ceiling fans running all night,will they affect the electric bill greatly,bills are included but we dont want the owner to think we have took the mikey,so are they expensive to run,
Thank you

tmfkahs
08-10-2011, 17:02
The average ceiling fan motor is around 75watts. Equivalent to leaving an incandescent (old type) light bulb on.

doreen
08-10-2011, 17:49
Hello,
We have rented a apartment long term in tenerife,we are really pleased with the apartment and the weather is fantastic,but as you know it is hot at night too i am not moaning btw,but i am concerned about the fact that we are leaving two ceiling fans running all night,will they affect the electric bill greatly,bills are included but we dont want the owner to think we have took the mikey,so are they expensive to run,
Thank you

How considerate of you ... wish all tenants looked at both sides of the equation :)

sunchaser
08-10-2011, 18:50
How considerate of you ... wish all tenants looked at both sides of the equation :)

Thank you we think it is only fair as they have done everything they said they would do,to make our stay as enjoyable as possible,but are we still ok to leave the ceiling fan on all night without the owners ending up with a large elec bill i have no idea on the price of electric here,thanks again

pjelec
08-10-2011, 18:54
For both fans will cost about 11 cents per 7 hours.

Approx 3.40€ per month if both are on for 7 hours per night

sunchaser
08-10-2011, 20:00
For both fans will cost about 11 cents per 7 hours.

Approx 3.40€ per month if both are on for 7 hours per night

Thank you pj.:)

emmess
08-10-2011, 20:02
If you ask me, that's worth every cent!

sunchaser
08-10-2011, 20:52
If you ask me, that's worth every cent!

:) yes we are happy now we know the owner wont be stumping up for a big bill:tiphat:

DM&Penfold
09-10-2011, 09:51
Hope you don’t mind me poaching this thread a little but we have a similar question and it may be something these good people would like to be aware of. As you know the electricity company read the meter one month and estimate it the next. Over the last 6 months our bills have been €10/ €15 one month and €60/€70 the next. Last month we had a bill of €150.
We do not have air con and nothing much has changed.:crying2:
Eh, it may sound like a daft question but any suggestions what may have caused it :confused:or could it be an anomaly that the electricity company will put right at a later date.:pray:
thanks. DM

sunchaser
09-10-2011, 10:11
Hope you don’t mind me poaching this thread a little but we have a similar question and it may be something these good people would like to be aware of. As you know the electricity company read the meter one month and estimate it the next. Over the last 6 months our bills have been €10/ €15 one month and €60/€70 the next. Last month we had a bill of €150.
Eh, it may sound like a daft question but any suggestions what may have caused it :confused:or could it be an anomaly that the electricity company will put right at a later date.:pray:
thanks. DM

No i dont mind lol,i am glad you brought it to our attention this is exactly what we are cocerned about,it does seem odd to have escalating bills if there is no change in what you are using hopefully someone will come along and explain all.

TenerifeTeddy
09-10-2011, 10:54
thanks. DM

If your normal consumption is around €70 per month and you get a low estimate the next month, then it follows that the next actual reading should be around double your normal monthly bill, as you are effectively paying for 2 months electricity.

I have exactly the same in my shop, my consumption averages €90 per month, yet I get alternating very low estimated bills, and high bills when they actually take a reading, does seem daft to me that they can΄t or wont average it out properly.

I know Endessa were caught out doing this when they first started estimating bills, because they deliberately underestimated everyones bills a month before a price rise, so we effectively paid the higher rate for 2 months bills rather than one. That one was challenged in the courts and they were made to give refunds for the difference.

lcbandit
11-10-2011, 04:04
only a slightly different note, has anyone back in july had two payments taken out of their account that month? I paid one bill on the 4th and then another on the 14th?

thanks