PDA

View Full Version : So when do people living in Tenerife buy their Christmas Cards?

MrsTT
09-10-2011, 10:35
I am doing some customer research and would like your advice.
I hate to start Christmas too early, but I know that there are postal deadlines to be met for overseas addresses.
When do people living in Tenerife buy their Christmas cards?
Do you need them on sale sooner rather than later so you can have them ready for visits back to UK?
Or wait until November or even December 1st? :christmascheer:

In The Sun
09-10-2011, 11:11
We use Funky Pigeon. Just order them over the internet and they are delivered the next working day. Due to them being printed and not hand written we try to add photos or some other message to make them special

junetta
09-10-2011, 11:17
I always go to Cornwall for October half term week and buy my cards there. My sister-in-law comes out to stay with us in December and takes them back to post them for me. It works really well.

TenerifeTeddy
09-10-2011, 11:23
Thanks for your replies, but our question is really - When would people who buy their cards etc out here like to start seeing them put out for sale?

We sell Christmas cards, crackers, wrapping paper etc, and are interested to find out when is the time peoples attention turns to buying their cards for Christmas. We donīt want to put them out too early as it can look silly, or too late so we miss the market.

Jackie
09-10-2011, 11:50
Thanks for your replies, but our question is really - When would people who buy their cards etc out here like to start seeing them put out for sale?

We sell Christmas cards, crackers, wrapping paper etc, and are interested to find out when is the time peoples attention turns to buying their cards for Christmas. We donīt want to put them out too early as it can look silly, or too late so we miss the market.

I realise people who send cards from here would probably like to see them in the shops earlier but it so annoying, especially for me as Christmas seems to take over everything in Card shops far too early, both here and in the UK. Anyone not living here gets their card via Funkypidgeon, but if I did send them by post I still probably wouldn't buy then until mid November. My kids still have birthdays to come and trying to find a decent birthday card out here especially this time of the year is a no go, most places that sell cards seem to have their Christmas stock out already and birthday cards either put away or not even in stock. My youngest had a birthday last week and I normally use the card shop in Los Cristianos, they had one card with Son on it. My eldest will be out here for his birthday mid November can't see much chance of getting him a decent birthday card either, maybe I should tell him to bring his own, and by the time my husbands birthday arrives on Boxing Day there will be no birthday cards on show at all just bloody Christmas.

So a word of advice to all card shops, even though people like to get their Christmas cards, paper etc. there are still some people that have birthdays coming up so please don't let your Christmas Stock take over your shop...rant over ;)

MrsTT
09-10-2011, 12:19
Thanks for answering my question Jackie! :)

We never take out our greetings card stock - just add in the Xmas cards, as we realise that there are many people who donīt even celebrate Christmas but still need cards for other occasions.

The other good news is that if you would like a choice of cards, we have a wide range of birthday and other greetings cards that are very reasonably priced from €2.50 per card and refreshed monthly. We can also order in special anniversary and birthday cards that we donīt keep a huge stock of, just for you. We need three week's notice to order & deliver to us, but if you know there is a 90th birthday or Golden Wedding coming up for example, then get us to order a selection for you.

In fact, why not come and buy all your cards in one go? Buy 5 cards and get 1 free!!

We also have a selection of handmade cards that are a little more expensive than our normal range. If you want one to be personalised you need to order at least a week in advance. (although they have been produced more quickly if you are lucky!!)

primrose
09-10-2011, 14:23
Thanks for answering my question Jackie! :)

We never take out our greetings card stock - just add in the Xmas cards, as we realise that there are many people who donīt even celebrate Christmas but still need cards for other occasions.

The other good news is that if you would like a choice of cards, we have a wide range of birthday and other greetings cards that are very reasonably priced from €2.50 per card and refreshed monthly. We can also order in special anniversary and birthday cards that we donīt keep a huge stock of, just for you. We need three week's notice to order & deliver to us, but if you know there is a 90th birthday or Golden Wedding coming up for example, then get us to order a selection for you.

In fact, why not come and buy all your cards in one go? Buy 5 cards and get 1 free!!

We also have a selection of handmade cards that are a little more expensive than our normal range. If you want one to be personalised you need to order at least a week in advance. (although they have been produced more quickly if you are lucky!!)

You have also got to think about the people who are sending cards to places like America Canada and Australia etc, who have got to post them earlier than those being sent local or the UK, most shops do have a selection in early for that reason.

DOREEN QUINN
09-10-2011, 18:56
The Paper Shop in the Apolo is starting to stock their Xmas things, calenders, cards etc.

Cairo
09-10-2011, 23:03
I am Scottish, and therefore a skinflint, so, if I am in the UK early in the year I tend to buy next year's xmas cards in the sales - is that skinflint or just well prepared? In the UK I hate to see Xmas stock being brought into the shops anywhere prior to December, but living here I must say that anywhere from now on is not inappropriate as I either have to think about taking (or posting) Xmas stuff in November or hoping that someone might be over that can take it back and post it for me as I hate to pay the extortionate prices to post from here!

chifleta
10-10-2011, 17:09
I am Scottish, and therefore a skinflint, so, if I am in the UK early in the year I tend to buy next year's xmas cards in the sales - is that skinflint or just well prepared?

i'm a quarter Scottish...... I buy cards in the sales if i'm in UK too hehehe it must be in our blood :respect: ... hmmmmm, that's given me an idea.... I must dig in my crimbo decoration suitcase, see if i've got enough cards and write them out before I go to England, then I can get a family member to post them for me nearer the time, that'll save a few centimos :idea:

Nic
10-10-2011, 20:09
I'll be buying mine at the end of November probably although saying that The Card Shop in Los Cristianos and Iceland both have some cards out already so I might get the family ones as they always tend to go quickly. I don't have many to post to the UK though so maybe I get mine a bit later than everyone else!