PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Rick Warren

SuzyQ
10-10-2011, 01:51
We say goodbye to a true friend of Live Arico today, the lovely Rick Warren. Many old timers will remember him as Rick the Ticket, he was the man for booking flights some 15 years ago back in the day when hardly any one had the internet. Him and partner Suzanna were instrumental in setting up our first shop in Costa del Silencio, and he continued on giving a donation from flight sales as well as tirelessly picking up shop donations.
Even when diagnosed with cancer some 2 years ago, he carried on working for us until the dreaded illness got the better of him. He lost his brave fight today, but we at Live Arico did get the chance to say goodbye and thank you a couple of weeks ago. He was only in his late 50īs no age.
Ricks funeral is at 1pm on Thursday in Arona if anyone would like to attend, Rick requested no flowers, but donations in lieu of flowers to Live Arico. Thinking of the dogs to the end. Goodnight old friend. xx

universal
10-10-2011, 11:32
Very sad news, a good man who will be missed by all who knew him.

Nic
10-10-2011, 20:03
Oh my goodness, that's very sad news. I wasn't even aware that Rick was ill. He was one of the first faces I met in Tenerife (15 years ago) as I worked for First Choice at that time so he was always popping in and out the office. Sad news indeed. Condolences to the family. RIP Rick x

PS Can you tell me which church in Arona it is please? Thanks

SuzyQ
10-10-2011, 21:32
Only info I have us Arona cemetary, so was just going to head up to the village as I guess there can be only one. Does anyone else know where it is specifically?

universal
11-10-2011, 12:27
Going up the hill from La Camella it's on the right before you hit the town,
look out for large trees and its just behind the bar.

SuzyQ
12-10-2011, 00:50
Thanks so much, that will make it a it easier. Ricks partner tells us that there are around 200 people expected, an indication of Ricks popularity. We have been asked to place 2 collection boxes in the church for donations in lieu of flowers.
I can also add that Rick has left €5000 to Live Arico, his partner is giving us the donation at the funeral. we are going to pay €2000 to Hospivet, the same to la Granja, and with the remaining €1000 buy a pressure washer to make the cleaning easier, and also some new collection boxes. What a guy. xx