PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the address on my Spanish driving licence?

Cairo
10-10-2011, 09:14
I need to change my address from San Miguel to Adeje, do I have to go to Trafico in Santa Cruz to do this or can I do it in the South? What forms and paperwork do I need and how much will it cost?

sunseeker
10-10-2011, 18:40
i would have thought that youd just need to go up to trafico with your current license and your new empadron certificate from the local ayuntamiento. you may need a couple of photos too. i dont think your address is on the actual license, so it might just need changing in there computer system.

Cairo
10-10-2011, 21:29
But do I have to go all the way up to Sc, I'd heard a rumour that I could do it in the South?

obs
10-10-2011, 22:26
Rumour it probably is, why not ask goldenmaniac? If anyone knows, she will. :wink:

Greg
10-10-2011, 22:32
Maybe a strange question but why bother? How much mail do you get from traffico? I've never updated mine, they are the police... if they want you they will find you fast enough!!

cressrt
11-10-2011, 08:19
For example if you get caught by speed camera and not stopped the fine will go to your address, if you are not aware and do not pay the interest will rack up. They will not chase you for it. I would update the address, you would do it in the UK so you should do it here as well.

Goldenmaniac
11-10-2011, 10:12
I need to change my address from San Miguel to Adeje, do I have to go to Trafico in Santa Cruz to do this or can I do it in the South? What forms and paperwork do I need and how much will it cost?

You can do this at certain ayuntamientos but not others have a look here for the ones available http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/conductores/cambio_domicilio.do?tit=%BFD%F3nde+se+puede+solici tar%3F&provincia=SANTA+CRUZ+DE+TENERIFE
San Miguel is one that you can.

If you go direct to Trafico it is free, I'm sorry I don't know about the Ayuntamientos - they may charge but I shouldn't think its much if they do. Take your licence Green residence paper, passport and if going to Trafico empadronamiento with new address.

Cairo
12-10-2011, 00:04
For example if you get caught by speed camera and not stopped the fine will go to your address, if you are not aware and do not pay the interest will rack up. They will not chase you for it. I would update the address, you would do it in the UK so you should do it here as well.

That's exactly the reason why I want/need to change it, a fine I didn't know I was issued with in July LAST year caught up with me and is the grand total of €300 plus €60 for non-payment, if I had known about the fine I would have paid it promptly to get the discount :(