View Full Version : Bars The Treehouse, Chayofa, Tenerife

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 19:15
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

Greg
07-06-2011, 21:01
Officially my new "local" I spend more time in The Treehouse than i do at home! A great country pub feel and superb Sunday lunches. It's very kid friendly (unfortunately so coz I hate em!) and has all the sports on lots of TV's and a big screen. Lewis the chef must have moved in permanently as he is always on hand to rustle up anything off the menu or when pestered anything not on the menu. Owner Simon has put lots of time and thought into getting his pub off the ground and I hear great feedback from the clients who fall out the door! :hat:

Tinkabel
30-07-2011, 13:25
We're thinking of trying the Treehouse tomorrow for Sunday Lunch, Can anyone give us an idea of what times they serve until please?

blue
03-09-2011, 22:07
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

Love the place,Simon's done really well to get it looking good,food very tasty,fantastic Sunday Roast Dinner,good prices,Strongly Recommended

Blue

angiebabe
06-09-2011, 00:21
Officially my new "local" I spend more time in The Treehouse than i do at home! A great country pub feel and superb Sunday lunches. It's very kid friendly (unfortunately so coz I hate em!) and has all the sports on lots of TV's and a big screen. Lewis the chef must have moved in permanently as he is always on hand to rustle up anything off the menu or when pestered anything not on the menu. Owner Simon has put lots of time and thought into getting his pub off the ground and I hear great feedback from the clients who fall out the door! :hat: Did Lewis used to cook in Clarets restaurant, if so a superb chef.

emskie
06-09-2011, 09:46
Yes he did, although he isnt at the Treehouse anymore!

Love this place, they have now got the service sorted and the girls that work there are great!! prices are great and the play are is fab.....

Suej
17-12-2011, 13:03
Was at the Treehouse last night, I had not been there before so we tried a meal. if they can keep the food prices and quality to this sort of level around 6.50€ for most of the mains (very generous portions)they are on a winner! the food was absolutely gorgeous! best home cooked food I´ve eaten in a long while! Think I will be eating in there a fair bit from now on! if you are up Chayofa way it´s a must!!! :)

PS we waited about 15 minutes for our food which I think is about right! and would have been well worth waiting longer for!!!

helhod
12-04-2012, 18:54
Visited the place week commencing 26th March to April 3rd .Not impressed ,few english guys hanging out the front swearing being the BIG I AM ,Put me off for starters .had a drink on Terrace another English man giving the big i am ,very uncomfortable .I presume it is the guy who owns the bar kept taking young girl who works in the bar out the back vanishing for a very long time ,Not a friendly guy to add but that is my thought .Wish La finca Del Arte was opened again!! Sorry if it offends anyone .Used the place on our last night there they had quiz night busyish night .Wont go there to waste my Euro's!

emskie
13-04-2012, 11:01
As a regular to the Treehouse i am suprised by your comments!

I still think it is a great place and simon is a lovely guy, very friendly!

Incognita
13-04-2012, 12:19
Hubby and I went there the other night for the first time, lovely atmosphere, food was great. Simon and his staff are so friendly and helpful will def be giong back

ruffus
13-04-2012, 21:38
This is our local, and we use it all the time. Simon and his staff are really nice and friendly. He makes everyone feel welcome in his bar. We have made lots of friends by using this bar.

Kande
29-10-2012, 12:25
this place is definately worth a visit...

Went Saturday evening with me OH and we both were pleasantly surprised. A lovely country pub feel to the place with loads of character. Food was really good, reasonably priced as well as drinks. Good atmosphere with live music.
Simon, the owner and his staff were very friendly and helpful.

seanocelt
08-05-2013, 00:56
Anyone been lately?

Arona1
08-05-2013, 01:25
Anyone been lately?

A few weeks ago, still open :)
PS nice to meet you earlier

seanocelt
08-05-2013, 01:44
You too pal, watched you eons ago in the Welcome, saw you briefly in the Rose a few months back. Im in the Whiskey Jar Sat,Sun, Tues, to Thurs if you are ever passing. The lotto office was around the corner from where i asked you, inside a cafe!

Rodders
08-05-2013, 08:31
You too pal, watched you eons ago in the Welcome, saw you briefly in the Rose a few months back. Im in the Whiskey Jar Sat,Sun, Tues, to Thurs if you are ever passing. The lotto office was around the corner from where i asked you, inside a cafe!

Not my sort of pub. I can drink with brits at home, so I cannot see the point of not visiting the local establishments run by locals. Though the pub was clean, and has a nice patio area with a childrens playground, I found the prices over inflated for what I would normally pay in a Cannarian bar.

seanocelt
08-05-2013, 12:56
Not my sort of pub. I can drink with brits at home, so I cannot see the point of not visiting the local establishments run by locals. Though the pub was clean, and has a nice patio area with a childrens playground, I found the prices over inflated for what I would normally pay in a Cannarian bar.

You talking about the Treehouse Rodders? Never been myself, have family staying in area later, just checking its open.

Greg
08-05-2013, 13:26

I think he keeps the prices a little high to keep the poor people out! :twak::cheers2:

universal
08-05-2013, 13:30
Well worth a visit, especially on Thursday night -Curry and Quiz Night €6.00.....not too expensive at that.

Greg
08-05-2013, 13:33
I live five minutes walk away, it's my local. I am a tad biased but I think it has a great atmosphere and is alot bigger than the tiny one local bars that are abound here.

Rodders
08-05-2013, 16:02
You talking about the Treehouse Rodders? Never been myself, have family staying in area later, just checking its open.

Hi Seanocelt.
Yes. I prefer the little Spanish/Cuban bar opposite.

SuzyQ
09-05-2013, 01:33
Didnt find it expensive at all..... Went there on sunday for a change, 3 of us, starters, main course, drinks, €42...... Lovely place, remember it when it was Clarets, very oldy worldy and characteristic.

Angusjim
11-05-2013, 13:14
Is there a ladder to get in or do have to climb up the branches would not mind visiting but afraid not to good a climbing now:crazy::spin:

Tojack
11-05-2013, 20:12
No it's got step's and wheelchair access.

seanocelt
12-05-2013, 02:23
No it's got step's and wheelchair access.

ignore AngusJim, its his silly season.! Makin too much money.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Is there a ladder to get in or do have to climb up the branches would not mind visiting but afraid not to good a climbing now:crazy::spin:

shoosh you, awa n coont the bawbees!

Angusjim
12-05-2013, 06:41
ignore AngusJim, its his silly season.! Makin too much money.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

shoosh you, awa n coont the bawbees!

That was genuine query which the gentleman answered and for that I thank him:)

Greg
12-05-2013, 10:54
Wots a bawbee?????????

seanocelt
12-05-2013, 11:46
That was genuine query which the gentleman answered and for that I thank him:)

Fibber! Greg bawbees are pennies in old Scottish country bumpkin speak. Angus Jim told me.

junglejim
12-05-2013, 12:10
Aye fur buyin Coulter's Candy !
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8uO9aeERILI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8uO9aeERILI

seanocelt
12-05-2013, 12:18
which i sang to a Glesca hen party last night. Rock star me.

junglejim
12-05-2013, 12:20
Jesus Sean , what age were they?

footiefan
12-05-2013, 13:10
:goodluck::thanx:had a great time on friday night, attentive and friendly staff, stunning food, try the lamb shoulder some time, nacho`s to die for, although not a busy night, entertainment good, shame not more dire straits but hay who`s complaining will be there on many occasions to come, just a short taxi drive from valle san lorenzo:hello:

Red Devil
11-11-2013, 19:01
Went for the first time last week and used it quite a few nights. Lovely friendly atmosphere, everyone spoke to you, staff very nice, good outdoor balcony that is used as the smoking area.
Something on most nights, the quiz night was a good laugh last Thursday, footy on last Tues and there was a live band (well 2 of them in a group) last weekend. They deserve their success there.
Almost forgot, had a really good Sunday lunch as well.

Tojack
11-11-2013, 20:54
Went for the first time last week and used it quite a few nights. Lovely friendly atmosphere, everyone spoke to you, staff very nice, good outdoor balcony that is used as the smoking area.
Something on most nights, the quiz night was a good laugh last Thursday, footy on last Tues and there was a live band (well 2 of them in a group) last weekend. They deserve their success there.
Almost forgot, had a really good Sunday lunch as well.

Glad you enjoyed our local bar Red Devil.Simon one of the group is the owner.He and his team work very hard to try an please everyone.

Margaretta
12-11-2013, 00:29
We've been there a lot by day. An attractive bar and terrace. We used to go regularly for Sunday lunch and preferred when it was a carvery. huge portions and really good traditionally English cooking. Also on Sundays we had the benefit of Finca del Arte music. The barbecue there was not good so we would eat in The Treehouse and still enjoy the jazz from the terrace. Clean loos and a very clean and attractive bar and terrace. The one disappointment is that I can't use the internet on the terrace and have to go inside and that is one of our criteria for using a bar nowadays so unfortunately we tend to go elsewhere.
Does anyone know what is happening to the Finca del Arte and where to hear jazz and if the art gallery has moved? Like helhod we really miss it on Sundays.

Red Devil
12-11-2013, 09:47
We've been there a lot by day. An attractive bar and terrace. We used to go regularly for Sunday lunch and preferred when it was a carvery. huge portions and really good traditionally English cooking. Also on Sundays we had the benefit of Finca del Arte music. The barbecue there was not good so we would eat in The Treehouse and still enjoy the jazz from the terrace. Clean loos and a very clean and attractive bar and terrace. The one disappointment is that I can't use the internet on the terrace and have to go inside and that is one of our criteria for using a bar nowadays so unfortunately we tend to go elsewhere

Does anyone know what is happening to the Finca del Arte and where to hear jazz and if the art gallery has moved? Like helhod we really miss it on Sundays.

This has now become La Finca restaurant and tapas bar of which I intend to do a review. I love this place, the food is outstanding and so reasonable! Do try it again Margaretta

Margaretta
12-11-2013, 22:34
Thank you Red Devil. I'm so pleased that it is open again and look forward to your review. Lots of questions about it now such as Is the Art Gallery still there and is there music? looking forward to going very soon.

marbro8
12-11-2013, 23:28
just the mention of jazz has put me off:sorry:;)

Frank Iam
12-11-2013, 23:44
Lovely food and service. Nice atmosphere. What more do you want. Loved it 4 times in 1 week

Margaretta
13-11-2013, 00:44
No problem Marbro. It is very difficult to find Jazz in the south. My favourite music and the Finca del Arte was the only place we've found where it was played. Sad if it is no longer introducing jazz. Probably lots of jazz clubs in La Laguna and the north.:cry:

Red Devil
13-11-2013, 09:39
No didnt see an Art gallery and didnt hear any jazz either, sorry:laugh:.But its worth the journey for the food

Scoffer
31-03-2014, 18:31
We went yesterday for Mother's Day. It advertises that it is the"best Sunday Lunch in the South". They can only mean South of their own kitchen! It was awful! There were six different vegetables but cabbage was the only one worth eating. In my opinion, the Yorkshire pud and most of the veg were frozen, the meals had been plated up in advance, then microwaved to order. The plate was a mess with everything just dumped onto the plate. The exposed meat was dried out and it was all tough. It was possibly the worst meal I have ever had. To cap it all, we were charged €8.95 each, which is not cheap compared to restaurants in the resorts, where you get a much better meal. We will not be returning and we will certainly not be recommending it.

Red Devil
31-03-2014, 20:19
Thats such a shame, we only had a Sunday lunch once there but really enjoyed it.
Sometimes places arent as good when extra busy on special occasions? The reason why I now never have a Christmas Day lunch out in Tenerife either. :lol:

Rodders
31-03-2014, 22:08
Try Lo Nuestro in Buzanda. Very good.

tfs1
05-03-2016, 17:12
Went last night and had the ribs/beer option which I understand they only do on a Friday- cost €30 for two.

We each had a largish rack of Ribs, they were well cooked and topped with a pleasant BBQ sauce, chips (of course), bbqed sweet corn, salad and coleslaw and shared 6 bottles of beer in a bucket of ice - could have had the other option, a bottle of wine but was told the beer was the better option / value.

Our table was full of food, we were in a group of 11 and the buckets were relegated to the floor to make room. We were all full after the meal and and apart from the live music, which was a little too loud for us it was good night.

Must be the 'in place' to go as we saw a number of familiar faces and even bumped into Eddie.

essexeddie
05-03-2016, 23:31
Yep it was a good night if a bit loud. But the ribs were superb. Just how I like them, not like the dry Spanish example.
Fancy bumping into tfs1.
We have booked for a return next Wed.

marbro8
05-03-2016, 23:51
Yep it was a good night if a bit loud. But the ribs were superb. Just how I like them, not like the dry Spanish example.
Fancy bumping into tfs1.
We have booked for a return next Wed.if we wanted to get there from el mirador. would a taxi be better? or because there will be 9 of us in may a minibus? how far is it?

essexeddie
06-03-2016, 13:14
Its only ten minutes by road. Although buses do stop nearby. Wait for tfs1 to comment, as he went by cab.

tfs1
06-03-2016, 13:42
if we wanted to get there from el mirador. would a taxi be better? or because there will be 9 of us in may a minibus? how far is it?

marbro8,

there were 11 of us and one of the group pre-arranged transport to get us there and the same taxis for the return, he got a large people carrier taxi for 8 of us and a standard taxi for the other 3.

Large taxi was €14 going and €17 return and standard taxi was €13 going and € 15 return. We returned after midnight so presume thats the reason for the price diference.

8 was very cosy - good job we all knew each other !

Sounds like you may need the same size taxis or a minibus may be the better option. As Eddie has said its about 10 minutes or so up the hill and passing underneath the TF1, with the new hospital on your right.