Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

warbey
07-06-2011, 19:41
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

Already started this one Slodgey..!!!

I understand this information is in Cyberspace.....UGH////

This Bar is Where E£lvis Tribute Singer Johnny Kelly can be found, along with His lovely Wife Julie
who can be seen Compering/singing/behind the Bar. There are also some others helping
to make Your visit a pleasant one..(like mine).

This Bar is a friengly Place with Decent Acts and reasonable prices.
If You like Elvis, Johnny will Entertain You later on.

Wello worth a visit.

sparklegirl
20-06-2011, 14:30

This Bar is Where E£lvis Tribute Singer Johnny Kelly can be found, along with His lovely Wife Julie
who can be seen Compering/singing/behind the Bar. There are also some others helping

Wello worth a visit.

I LOVE THIS BAR...my parents and me go there every February without fail. Johnny and Julie are lovely people and make you feel very welcome. Johnny is the BEST Elvis :elvis: Tribute Singer and whenever he sings viva las Vegas he calls me up to be his backing dancer :cheer: cant wait to see them again in November

scotty
21-08-2011, 21:50
I LOVE THIS BAR...my parents and me go there every February without fail. Johnny and Julie are lovely people and make you feel very welcome. Johnny is the BEST Elvis :elvis: Tribute Singer and whenever he sings viva las Vegas he calls me up to be his backing dancer :cheer: cant wait to see them again in November

We have also enjoyed many a February night in this bar, you would make a good baking singing sparklegirl, saw you in February this year. We are going again next February but slipping in an extra in September - 4 weeks today and counting, woopee, can't wait.

slodgedad
22-08-2011, 01:54

Wello worth a visit.

You can still read the reviews on the old Forum HERE (http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=13502&page=19)., but remember you cannot reply there, you can only reply on here

sparklegirl
25-08-2011, 10:18
We have also enjoyed many a February night in this bar, you would make a good baking singing sparklegirl, saw you in February this year. We are going again next February but slipping in an extra in September - 4 weeks today and counting, woopee, can't wait.

to be a backing singer for Elvis :elvis: would be my dream ( im sure Johnny would get fed up with my screeching though :crylaughing:) have a great time in September and give Johnny the heads up his backing dancer is heading out, im heading back with my friends this time on the 1st November for a week so excited 9 weeks 6 days and counting :spin: no doubt i will see you in feb 2012 come say hello :wave:

warbey
06-10-2011, 20:02
We expect to be there February next too
We m,ay meet as Johnny has Me doing vocal backing for one Number..
Please let Us know how things are. He has expanded I believe..

scotty
07-10-2011, 13:59
We've been home for two weeks now. Had a great week in Tenerife. Johnny and Julie are still going strong, the bar was busy, entertainment as good as ever. We didn't try any food but from the boards it looks like they have a varied choice of menu cooked from 5.30pm onwards. Role on February!

Johnjordan
07-10-2011, 14:17
I visited this bar a couple of weeks ago on our first night so we were all tired and hungry, the food is nice well my burger was but other peoples curry didn't look too nice although if you like Indian you probably would have liked the curry. The entrainment was good although where a bit disappointed when the elvis tribute started making jokes about the kids killed in sweden !

warbey
07-10-2011, 20:57
We have seen Johnny many many times.
He has always been Professional, posing for Photos etc after His spot at various Locations.
I have never ever heard anything offensive from Him in that time.

He once announced I was a Lottery winner. That was a joke on Me, and accepted as such.,

I think Most would agree.

Johnjordan
08-10-2011, 14:45
Not very professional making jokes about incidents like that, i am sure you agree? It wouldn't have mattered as much if it was an 'offensive' joke about someone in the bar and they took it in their stride and accepted it. The worst thing was we were enjoying ourselves then he made this joke and we left. Yes, maybe most people will agree with you but i can assure you on the night he was offensive and totally unprofessional.

warbey
23-11-2011, 21:10
There must be something going on here, I'm sure
Does anyone know how the combined area is doing please.?
It was reported They had expanded.

scotty
24-11-2011, 09:11
There must be something going on here, I'm sure
Does anyone know how the combined area is doing please.?
It was reported They had expanded.

When we were there in September Johnnie & Julie had taken over the Mexican, serving food at night. The bar was alot busier than it had been in February and we thought Johnny was on top form the whole week we were there and did not find him offensive at all.

warbey
24-11-2011, 21:28
When we were there in September Johnnie & Julie had taken over the Mexican, serving food at night. The bar was alot busier than it had been in February and we thought Johnny was on top form the whole week we were there and did not find him offensive at all.

Thanks for that
I refuse to believe He COULD be offensive.
Ive known Him too long to even think it.
but wonder if it was another Elvis.?

I might see You Feb next.

warbey
16-01-2012, 21:49
Wont be long now!!

scotty
17-01-2012, 09:30
Wont be long now!!

4 Weeks today - can't wait.

warbey
17-01-2012, 21:06
4 Weeks today - can't wait.

We overlap by a few Days.
Keep an Eye open..

scotty
29-02-2012, 00:36
We overlap by a few Days.
Keep an Eye open..

Thats us home now start saving for next year, we had a great holiday. Sorry we missed you, we went down Thursday and Friday but Johnny said you had been in earlier in the week. Did notice they had a comedy Elvis on one night, wonder if he was the offensive one? We did not see him. Bar was busy most nights with the odd quiet night mainly because of the cold I think, people were not coming out. I think on the whole the resort was a lot quieter this year.

seanocelt
29-02-2012, 01:15
Im originally Midlothian, what town you from?

scotty
29-02-2012, 08:40
I'm in Bonnyrigg, you? Are you living in Tenerife just now?

seanocelt
29-02-2012, 11:19
[QUOTE=scotty;149295]I'm in Bonnyrigg, you? Are you living in Tenerife just now?[/QUOTE

Aye, live in Los Cris but im an old pal of Johnny's, nice guy. Im Dalkeith, well, Woodburn in a previous life!

scotty
29-02-2012, 12:47
[QUOTE=scotty;149295]I'm in Bonnyrigg, you? Are you living in Tenerife just now?[/QUOTE

Aye, live in Los Cris but im an old pal of Johnny's, nice guy. Im Dalkeith, well, Woodburn in a previous life!

Lucky you! We've been coming to Tenerife for 6 years now and have been regular visitors to the Bay View. Johnny and Julie are excellent entertainers. I have a few relatives in Woodburn and originally stayed in Easthouses.

warbey
29-02-2012, 21:10
Sorry to miss You Scotty.
We have about 15 Years of Tenerife and known John for 13 or so.
As You said, it was cold and it affected the Number there I reckon.

I saw comedy Elvis in another Pub, for the second or third time.
Funny but nothing offensive at all.
Johnny was on a week's Cruise when We visited first week, so missed Him then

We had the chap who does Neil Diamond, Charlie Hodge, so enjoyed that too.

Didnt have much trouble acclimatising when We got back.
How about You.?

scotty
29-02-2012, 23:12
This is the first year we have had more cloudy days than sunny days, it did not spoil our holiday though. We saw Dion twice at the Bay View, he is really good, a thoroughly excellent show I would recommend to anyone. The first week he sang to an audience of 4 for most of his performance! There was my husband, me and another couple who came from Stirling, also Scotland. Frankie, the early singer at the Bay View also sat in the audience, it was extremely cold that night.
We were the same as you, we acclimatised quite easily however the colder weather this year won't stop me going back next year.

scotty
02-05-2012, 20:34
Hi Warbey and others, I've just been told by a friend who has just come back from Tenerife that the Bayview is closed again, can anyone confirm this?

warbey
02-05-2012, 20:58
Bloody Hell........

Andy0210
02-05-2012, 21:06
Yes closed now, can sadly confirm that, i moved the previous tenants out of there, they had to leave the premises through no fault of their own, they were let down by other people that contributed to their demise.

Good luck to them with whatever they decide to do in the future! :)

seanocelt
03-05-2012, 03:59
Thanks Andy....and SH%T$E...not great news,

scotty
03-05-2012, 20:10
I agree, not great news at all. Hopefully they can start again somewhere else as the shows each night were excellent.

warbey
04-05-2012, 19:54
It was quite a hike from where We normally stay, but nearly always worth it

I also consider John a Friend, with a nice group of workers to look after You

I too hope They re-surface soon. They usually do.

Thanks Scotty for the News.

Angusjim
05-05-2012, 07:23
Does this mean Elvis has left the building ?

seanocelt
05-05-2012, 13:11
P-ching. Im here all week.

sparklegirl
14-05-2012, 15:31
i am totally gutted reading this thread really sad news. Me and my parents have been going to the bay view every feb for nearly 6 years now and love juile and johnny they always made us feel welcome and part of the bay view family. i really hope they find new premises coz our holidays just wont be the same without them :(

scotty
14-05-2012, 16:52
i am totally gutted reading this thread really sad news. Me and my parents have been going to the bay view every feb for nearly 6 years now and love juile and johnny they always made us feel welcome and part of the bay view family. i really hope they find new premises coz our holidays just wont be the same without them :(

Quite agree, they have picked themselves up before so hopefully they will do it again. Were you there at a different time this year? We were there our usual time 14th February but did not see you.

sparklegirl
14-05-2012, 17:00
Quite agree, they have picked themselves up before so hopefully they will do it again. Were you there at a different time this year? We were there our usual time 14th February but did not see you.

I really hope they do the bay view is one of the main reasons why we go to tenerife every year we just love johnny :elvis: we didnt go out this feb decided for a change and were going on 6th november instead which seems for ages away. hopefully we will see you next feb :)

warbey
14-05-2012, 19:15
I thought that at last They had it made especially after getting the Other side too.

Hopefully Johnny will let one of Us know, and We can tell each Other.. when things get sorted.

sparklegirl
21-05-2012, 12:30
Well ive just seen on facebook johnny and Julie have opened a bar in torviscas called "The Johnny Kelly Elvis Bar" im sooooooo happy for them this had made my year. I really cannot wait to see them both in November and congratulate them on this amazing new adventure. all the best xxx

chris
21-05-2012, 15:59
Well ive just seen on facebook johnny and Julie have opened a bar in torviscas called "The Johnny Kelly Elvis Bar" im sooooooo happy for them this had made my year. I really cannot wait to see them both in November and congratulate them on this amazing new adventure. all the best xxx

Yes it opened Saturday and is under the old market and next to Bahamas steak restaurant the bar was called JO Jos and before that Bar None.

woolli
21-05-2012, 20:06
Any idea of the opening times?

warbey
21-05-2012, 20:47

Thanks for that.

Yes it opened Saturday and is under the old market and next to Bahamas steak restaurant the bar was called JO Jos and before that Bar None.

Thankd for that too.

Nice to know where They are.

Thats a bit further away from Americas isnt it.?

chris
21-05-2012, 21:41
Thanks for that.

Thankd for that too.

Nice to know where They are.

Thats a bit further away from Americas isnt it.?

It's about 100 yards away from where they were before
(Bay View)

warbey
24-05-2012, 19:30
Management change May 2012
============================

Johnny Kelly is now at the Johnny Kelly Elvis Bar by the Old Torviscas Market.

chris
24-05-2012, 23:20
Management change May 2012
============================

Johnny Kelly is now at the Johnny Kelly Elvis Bar by the Old Torviscas Market.

Just called in for a drink Elvis singing it was very very busy. Keep up the good work Johnny.

Chris

slodgedad
24-05-2012, 23:24
Have temporarily closed this thread as the last few posts are off topic.

Why doesn't someone start a new thread about Kelly's new bar?

the cruisers
05-06-2012, 21:20
Hiya, We were in Adeje last month and couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to the last time we were there in September. Even our favourite bar ,The Bayview was closed, which was a bit of a downer as we've had some great nights in there.We did hear that there was a possibility of it reopening and we wondered if anyone had heard anything to this effect? We are coming out again at the end of August and it would be great to hear that it was up and running again. Cheers, Erica & Clive, the cruisers.

warbey
06-06-2012, 20:21
Hiya, We were in Adeje last month and couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to the last time we were there in September. Even our favourite bar ,The Bayview was closed, which was a bit of a downer as we've had some great nights in there.We did hear that there was a possibility of it reopening and we wondered if anyone had heard anything to this effect? We are coming out again at the end of August and it would be great to hear that it was up and running again. Cheers, Erica & Clive, the cruisers.

Johnny Kelly and Family have moved to a Bar by the Old Market a bit further down which I believe is going quite well

I dont know anything about the Bay View though.

the cruisers
07-06-2012, 15:56
Hi Warbey, thanks for that, will definitely be looking out for them, Johnny & Julie are a great couple and deserve to do well .
Thanks again , the cruisers.

slodgedad
08-06-2012, 00:15
As this thread has turned into an elvis thread, rather than a bar review I will close it until the new owners request it to reopen.

Kelly's new thread is HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?17165-Johnny-Kelly-s-Elvis-Bar-Torviscas-Tenerife)