PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to reduce the number of toilets on flights

Balcony
12-10-2011, 16:43
I just logged in to find latest new reported that this scurrilous airline is planning to reduce 2 out of 3 toilets on most flights, especially short haul. That is likely to be 1 toilet for 200 people!

Perhaps....er perhaps, routes to Tenerife will escape the cut, but would you want to stand down-wind of their planes in future?

BobMac
12-10-2011, 16:46
I just logged in to find latest new reported that this scurrilous airline is planning to reduce 2 out of 3 toilets on most flights, especially short haul. That is likely to be 1 toilet for 200 people!

Perhaps....er perhaps, routes to Tenerife will escape the cut, but would you want to stand down-wind of their planes in future?

This was on the news this morning and it was apparently mentioned in an interview with Michael O'Leary but it would only apply to short haul flights.

It will be interesting to hear what the authorities have to say about it.

Balcony
12-10-2011, 16:59
ABTA, apparently, are displeased. I for one vote with my feet and don't use them....but maybe I should re-phrase that and vote with crossed legs!

BobMac
12-10-2011, 17:17
Could this be O'Leary trying another publicity stunt like his £1 to use the toilets idea or his stand-up seats.

If he starts charging £1 to use them and reduces the number of toilets his planes are going to be pretty smelly.

IgelEi
12-10-2011, 17:27
I recommend the "Little John portable urinal" just in case (Depardieu XXL model ) lol !!

kingbaker
16-10-2011, 19:59
You can have a bag fitted............€5 each leg of the trip

BobMac
17-10-2011, 16:05
You can have a bag fitted............€5 each leg of the trip

plus a €5 each way admin fee