PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Nancy Spain, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

anto3
13-10-2011, 01:50
Went there tonight. The food was excellent,and the staff are so friendly. Got a hugh glass of wine for 3 euro. They have a singer while you eat,they even offer me a lift to O jangle.that is what i call service.

anto3
19-11-2011, 03:01
Been to Nancy Spain again tonight. The craic was great and great food

sunshinezz
05-02-2012, 20:30
Just been to Nancy spains irish bar opposite market in los cristianos to watch the rugby what a lovley friendly welcome and half time everyone was given a bowl of Irish stew which was delicious.I would just like to say it makes a change to go into a bar where the staff are so polite and friendly and some good Irish banter for the rugby Im English myself I shall certainly use this bar again.

kingbaker
05-02-2012, 20:37
Just been to Nancy spains irish bar opposite market in los cristianos to watch the rugby what a lovley friendly welcome and half time everyone was given a bowl of Irish stew which was delicious.I would just like to say it makes a change to go into a bar where the staff are so polite and friendly and some good Irish banter for the rugby Im English myself I shall certainly use this bar again.

Except for the Welsh GITS who ruined it all:whistle::twak:

OOOOPS!! Sorry MM didnt mean you:whistle:

seanocelt
05-02-2012, 21:14
I was there too, nice stew. Not a Welshman in, but deserved too win, Wales did. Nancy's is developing its sport coverage and other things, keep y'all posted.

lopin
05-02-2012, 21:47
Had food there last night and it was delicious. Darrin the owner and Conor the head chef were fantastic hosts and really looked after us. I will be back

marbro8
05-02-2012, 21:53
we will find it out and give it a try in may:spin:

doreen
05-02-2012, 22:19
we will find it out and give it a try in may:spin:

Down opposite the Flower Market - browns & cream on the outside ... and our very own seanocelt entertaining there many nights - that's right, isn't it Sean ....

ddoyle
05-02-2012, 23:46
Conor makes a lovely apple pie wife loves it.

Zara
06-02-2012, 00:05
Conor makes a lovely apple pie wife loves it.

All their food is excellent. I'm not a lover of pizza but theirs takes some beating, yet I have heard people complain they have to wait - suppose if you are used to junk food it takes a bit of getting used to food freshly made to order :whistle:

All of the staff are lovely, and having Carmen there also means they get lots of Spanish customers too so usually a great mix. They let me go on a Sunday morning to sell books for K9 so that is also a plus that they are animal lovers. :)

seanocelt
06-02-2012, 02:17
Down opposite the Flower Market - browns & cream on the outside ... and our very own seanocelt entertaining there many nights - that's right, isn't it Sean ....

Indeed. The bar is opposite the Sunday Market, music every night except Friday, food served until late. Its all fresh cooked, so yes, can be a wait, the apple pie Conor makes (unpeeled apples just like your granny's!) is great, very popular. Mussells, pizzas and t-bones sell very well. Only been open since June, beginning to shape up. Its not big , so booking helps if you have a large party.

murph
06-02-2012, 04:02
Don't remember the name, did it used to be called something else?

seanocelt
06-02-2012, 12:17
Was a pizza place many years ago, was closed 18 months, opened as Nancy's last June.

Ricman
08-02-2012, 14:27
Tried the Apple Pie with chocolate ice cream yesterday, delicious, Yam Yam.

The resident musical director, Seany, is always pleased to do requests, but only if asked. An increasingly popular choice is the Blues version of Amazing Grace with sophisticated & moving lyrics.

Great Bar & superb food.

tripadviser
08-02-2012, 20:33
Had the lamb chops at the weekend in Nancys. They were amazing the best I ever tasted

seanocelt
09-02-2012, 03:14
Had the lamb chops at the weekend in Nancys. They were amazing the best I ever tasted

What a great username!! Wish i had thought of it ( open invitation to members with smart username ideas). Thanks,
( Agree on the Lamb chops. Quality.)

tripadviser
09-02-2012, 12:54
I will sell the name to you Sean. I will be there over the weekend. Can you guess who I am ?

seanocelt
10-02-2012, 03:26
Erm..no!! Gizza clue!

Ricman
10-02-2012, 13:31
It`s AA. lad to see she ot the keyboard ood & workin aain.

tripadviser
11-02-2012, 20:21
Heading to Nancys with Wiffie for some fabulous food and hopefully see Ireland whip France. Then to finish off the night with superstar Sean providing the entertainment. Oh what a super hangover brewing

Ashro Autos
16-03-2012, 22:01
Well i can honestly say have had the best mixed grill & coffee in ages at Nancy Spains irish bar today.Food there is great with a good choice and the staff are really pleasant.Easy to find right opposite the market in Los Cristianos.Sure there will plenty of fun in there tomorrow for Paddy's Day.

seanocelt
17-03-2012, 11:49
Padddy's Day at Nancy's has a live set from me at 2 to 4.30, rugby 5 to 7, "little jiggers " will be doing a dance or 2 after it, traditional musicians are doing songs in between, on guitar, madolin, fiddle and acccordion (no set time they are coming down from the North of Tenerife and dropping in as they tour bars). I am back in again after doing 2 other pubs, about 10pm for a late set, if i have a voice left. Irish stew , burgers, home made chips all on sale. And VERY Irish owners and staff will be there for the craic. Happy St Patricks Day, wherever you may be or go.

Davie Thistle
17-03-2012, 15:03
........sound the greatest nite out you could have Sean!
Great wee shop!
wish we were still on the Island but as you know we left Wed! 8-(
Hope you get a wee well deserved White wine & Soda at the end of your long set M8!

Have a ball kiddo
See you in November for D,s 40th!
Davie & Donna!!

tonypub
17-03-2012, 15:05
i hope England beating you at rugby dont put a damper on things

Davie Thistle
17-03-2012, 16:47

.........you trying to "stir" it!!!! Bloody wooden spoon!

:ashamed:

:crying2:

seanocelt
18-03-2012, 13:16

We look forward to you winning your (easy) group in Euro 2012, then getting humped by Germany. Or Croatia. Or maybe even IRELAND in the quarters, shedding tears on your painted George cross faces, and blaming the ref/video technology /the weather/the manager (whoever he is). Now i would NEVER have said that but you started it TP!!!

Nancy Spain's will of course be showing all matches live and cheering you on!

Added after 4 minutes:

........sound the greatest nite out you could have Sean!
Great wee shop!
wish we were still on the Island but as you know we left Wed! 8-(
Hope you get a wee well deserved White wine & Soda at the end of your long set M8!

Have a ball kiddo
See you in November for D,s 40th!
Davie & Donna!!

Long hard day, but a few vinos were taken to ease the pain, now for a few more. Imelda and I always have our Paddys Day the day after, she did a 10 hour stint yesterday, bless her. Great to meet you and Donna again Davie. You are nearly as mad as my wife. Nearly.

marbro8
15-05-2012, 18:39
just come down to try the food at nancy spains and i have just been informed it has closed and is awaiting new ownership??? how can a place that has had such rave reviews in the past few months close so quickly??? we are now sitting in desperate dans contemplating our next move:dontknow:

AL JAY
15-05-2012, 19:04
Jump in a cab Mark, 5 euro and go to Terrazza Del Mare and watch the sun go down, thank me later!

marbro8
15-05-2012, 19:07
cheers mate i am a bit of an overweight fitness fanatic so mite just have a leisurely stroll:wink:

Harmonicaman
15-05-2012, 19:23
cheers mate i am a bit of an overweight fitness fanatic so mite just have a leisurely stroll:wink:

You'll have to run then Mark, it's along at Costa Adeje!

tonypub
15-05-2012, 20:20
its expensive and hard work running a bar:wink:

seanocelt
16-05-2012, 01:31
The guys got an offer, they took it, simples. Nancy Spain's reopens next week with new owners from Kildare, Ireland. Good luck to them.

tizzywizzy
16-05-2012, 09:41
Good luck to the new owners. I am glad it is still going to be Irish folk again.

marbro8
16-05-2012, 13:44
thanks for all your replies guys we will have a walk to teresa del mar tonight, we had had enough of walking last night so ended up in players lounge, nice meal and good beer:wink:

basil brush
17-05-2012, 09:49
where's the flower market anyone ??

seanocelt
26-05-2012, 15:49
Nancy Spain's is now under new ownership, John and Mathew from Ireland are now running it. I am playin there tonight, and hopefully most Saturdays, I wish them well in their new venture. Pizzas etc still a speciality, and they have dropped the prices on most of the menu.

seanocelt
26-05-2012, 15:51
Now opened again with new owners John and Mathew from Irleand, i am playing there tonight, i wish them well, pizzas and more with price reductions on the menu.

Davie Thistle
26-05-2012, 16:24
Gud gud!
A wee word in the managements ear
that am yer pal mind!!!:whistle:

junglejim
26-05-2012, 18:04
Gud gud!
A wee word in the managements ear
that am yer pal mind!!!:whistle:
C´mon Davie you´re everybodies pal! You´d get a peice at every door!

golazzo
15-06-2013, 06:47
Another restaurant that bites the dust. Crying shame isn't it.

seanocelt
15-06-2013, 11:25
in 18 months a total of 13 owners have taken over and then quit 6 premises on that strip!

golazzo
15-06-2013, 11:36
You got to have a unique selling point to survive by the sounds of it. Plus not try and rip the British public off.

To many bars charging way over the top for bottles etc, to the point is cheaper drinking at home

marbro8
15-06-2013, 12:43
You got to have a unique selling point to survive by the sounds of it. Plus not try and rip the British public off.

To many bars charging way over the top for bottles etc, to the point is cheaper drinking at homei must admit that i have never been to a place in tenerife that has been more expensive than the uk, i have been to places and paid about €4 for a pint put it was a nice bar with big leather chairs and a piano player in the corner but you get what you pay for, i would say that about 80% of bars in and around the south are a lot cheaper than here in the uk, and the beer is better in my opinion and so are the views;)

golazzo
15-06-2013, 12:48
Not sure where you have been then. I've drank in many a bar over the last 25 years I can assure you its more expensive than where we live in Lancashire.

ParqueDe la paz bars. Many charging €3.50 a bottle on alco pop drinks. €2.50 here.

slodgedad
15-06-2013, 12:55
Not sure where you have been then. I've drank in many a bar over the last 25 years I can assure you its more expensive than where we live in Lancashire.

ParqueDe la paz bars. Many charging €3.50 a bottle on alco pop drinks. €2.50 here.

Try going to a small bar in the UK that spends 200 a night on entertainment and see if it's cheaper.

golazzo
15-06-2013, 12:58
I'm not interested in the fact that they have Entertaiment on in a evening. The prices remain the same during the day also.

I run my own business I am aware that acts cost money. But I know of bars that dont inflate prices just because they have acts on each evening.

Not a rant aimed at you just a general observation

marbro8
15-06-2013, 13:12

ParqueDe la paz bars. Many charging €3.50 a bottle on alco pop drinks. €2.50 here.ah well that's the problem, the alcopops have to be imported from the uk at a huge cost, but here in the uk they are driven a few miles down the motorway, that's why i stick to local larger at €1.50 a pint;)

golazzo
15-06-2013, 13:25
Haha. Bloody cheap skate. Can't blame you tho. Some of the local beer is fine.

I tend to drink carling tho, then again I am partial to a bit of old speckled hen at the big Ben

marbro8
15-06-2013, 13:31
Haha. Bloody cheap skate. Can't blame you tho. Some of the local beer is fine.

I tend to drink carling tho, then again I am partial to a bit of old speckled hen at the big Ben:lol: carling is also an expensive import, and i like a nice pint of old speckled hen at desperate dans next door:yum:

golazzo
15-06-2013, 13:31
Didnt know they had it m surely is Cheaper in the Ben

seanocelt
15-06-2013, 13:32
Carling is 2/2.50 euros most bars, Parque La Paz is a more expensive strip, but i find Tenerife prices compare well with other Eurozone countries for drink.

golazzo
15-06-2013, 13:34
I want carling at €2.50. Give me some bars to have a go at. staying oasis del sur district this time

seanocelt
15-06-2013, 13:43
Maybe try Shambles, or Springers , El Mirador, down in Oasis del Sur, i think also further along from the Nancy Spain's strip at Paloma Beach The Market Tavern and Polygon Bars may have it. Round on Fuchal, opposite tenerife Sur Hotel lots of beer offers, Carling bound to be in one at least. Plus the Apolo Centre bars like Zizis, Victory or Shires near bus station, plenty beer offers. In Los Cris town, Devon Arms, or beach front San Telmo take your pick ,lot of offers. Carling is widely sold at 2/2.50, not a fan myself.

marbro8
15-06-2013, 13:47
Didnt know they had it m surely is Cheaper in the Beni would say it will be the same price being so close to each other?, try a nice pint of peroni? here in the uk i pay £4.50 a pint, in the swan in tenerife i pay €2.50

slodgedad
15-06-2013, 13:47
All completely off topic.

Is Nancy Spains still open or not?

golazzo
15-06-2013, 13:49
No it's closed down