PDA

View Full Version : Dead mother kept at home so child could keep claiming pension

bonitatime
13-10-2011, 11:32
http://www.eldia.es/2011-10-13/sucesos/6-Oculta-cadaver-madre-cuatro-anos-patio-casa-Adeje.htm

Recently there has been a macabre finding in Adeje. The bones of a French woman have been found under a patio of a house in which her daughter lived. The bones have been dated as being there 4 years. Sources near to the investigation by the Civil Guard police explained that the body had been hidden so the daughter could continue to claim the mothers pension.
This occurred in Tijoco Bajo. The lady who was approximately 80 years old died of natural causes the autopsy confirmed. But her daughter didn't inform any authorities of her death nor did she organise a funeral so the body could be buried in a cemetery. The body was apparently hidden in 2007 according to investigators of the armed forces.
But due to anguish, anxiety or guilty conscious the daughter contacted the Civil Guards and reported where she had hidden the body. She claimed to have had strange visions and couldn't live with then any more.
Because of the seriousness of the crime the case has been taken over by the investigators of the Judicial police for the civil guard in Playa De Las Americas. The agents accompanied by judicial authorities went to the house about 10 days ago.
After they excavated the patio the civil guards confirmed the existence of bones which belonged to a woman. After visual examination the skeleton was then exhumed by judicial authorities.
Sources in the Civil Guards who were consulted by El Dia Newspaper signalled that the French woman was claiming the pension from the French authorities and as there hadn't been a violent death of the octogenarian there was not a crime for burying the body in the patio in the house.

admin
13-10-2011, 16:03
Just shows you the lengths some people will go to for money in these hard times. :( !!!

Andy0210
13-10-2011, 16:09
Just seen on Canarian TV news that a French woman has confessed to burying her 80 yr old mother under her patio at their rural house in Tijoco Bajo when she died of natural causes four years ago in order to carry on collecting her French state pension.

It goes on to say that whilst the French state has been informed it isnīt actually a crime in Spain to bury someone who has died in your own courtyard, so apart from fraud she hasnīt commited a crime.

The story here....

http://www.diariosigloxxi.com/texto-ep/mostrar/20111013164455/una-mujer-cobra-la-pension-de-su-madre-muerta-tras-enterrarla-en-el-patio-de-su-casa

Added after 2 minutes:

Oops, just seen Bonitatime has posted the same story earlier, perhaps a mod could merge or delete my thread! :ashamed:

warbey
13-10-2011, 20:03
How do You perform an Autopsy on Bones alone.?

bonitatime
13-10-2011, 21:46
No idea I just translate the words the best I can

karinagal
13-10-2011, 21:53
No idea I just translate the words the best I can

I would assume that they would check the bones for pre mortem damage/breaks and the absence of these would indicate that it was not a violent death. However, without tissue samples I would suggest that they would not be able to rule out poison? Maybe her health records in conjunction with her advanced age was enough to assume natural causes...

MrsTT
13-10-2011, 22:58
Threads merged :)

slodgedad
14-10-2011, 00:45
How do You perform an Autopsy on Bones alone.?

Obviously you don't watch Bones, NCIS or CSI on the tele..:)

warbey
14-10-2011, 20:44
Obviously you don't watch Bones, NCIS or CSI on the tele..:)

Two and three yes.. Stabbing or cutting comes to mind.

I wasnt attacking the Messenger, I'm sorry You thought that.
Press releases are not always based on fact was My thinking.

Added after 3 minutes:

I would assume that they would check the bones for pre mortem damage/breaks and the absence of these would indicate that it was not a violent death. However, without tissue samples I would suggest that they would not be able to rule out poison? Maybe her health records in conjunction with her advanced age was enough to assume natural causes...

Slodgey is going to the Tele Experts for Reason of Death...... Should be posting within 24 Hrs !

karinagal
14-10-2011, 21:38
Slodgey is going to the Tele Experts for Reason of Death...... Should be posting within 24 Hrs !

If it's NCIS or CSI then as well as time of death, cause of death we should have motive, murder weapon if required and a suspect who rolls over and fills in all the gaps in the story as soon as they're faced with the forensic evidence!! If it's Horatio in Miami we should also have a sequence of events during the apprehension and questioning of the suspect which involves the following elements: Sunglasses on, sunglasses off, standing side on to the perp with hands on hip etc., etc., It's no wonder that the perps can't stop themselves caving under the pressure!! :laugh::crylaughing::laugh: