View Full Version : Bars O'Jangles, El Mirador, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 19:35
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

West mids tyke
13-06-2011, 14:22
ill try again lol, this was more or less our second home when we visited los cristianos last june, tom and his brilliant bar staff plus the top class entertainment and karaoke are a credit and brilliant people to meet, the food is good and cheap too.:hungry:

Red Devil
06-08-2011, 10:42
So pleased to read the Sponsors announcement from Doreen today.

Good luck to Seanocelt and his wife and look forward to the slight change of format, hopefully a lot more Irishmusic now in the Irish bar:)
It is definitely needed in that area, something a bit different from the rest of the bars.

Sure you will do well.:goodluck:

(Quiz and exotic virgin cocktails also would be really good):D

junglejim
06-08-2011, 10:55
Great to hear ! Good luck to all of you in this new venture - will be out in a couple of weeks so will get a taxi ( with receipt) out to see you all !
Hope you do a decent pint of the black stuff !! :stpaddy::trink::guitar1::scotland:

doreen
06-08-2011, 11:02
Great to hear ! Good luck to all of you in this new venture - will be out in a couple of weeks so will get a taxi ( with receipt) out to see you all !
Hope you do a decent pint of the black stuff !! :stpaddy::trink::guitar1::scotland:

Indeed we do ... brand new Guinness cooler installed two days ago :)

sleepy
06-08-2011, 11:04
Is Tom still around though?

Harmonicaman
06-08-2011, 11:06
All the best of luck to Sean and Imelda and I hope O'Jangles goes from strength to strength.http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/1.gif

doreen
06-08-2011, 11:07
Is Tom still around though?
Yes, he is :)

tizzywizzy
06-08-2011, 11:10
Congratulations to Sean and Imelda. Have a wonderful opening night tomorrow.:jumping:

West mids tyke
07-08-2011, 17:21
good luck to you both, look forward to experiencing the new ojangles in november, hope mikey mike and some of the other artists will still be there, thanks for last june tom n gang

anto3
05-09-2011, 11:16
Heard the new guy Sean is a brill singer in Ojangle, Anyone been there this past few weeks

CIM
05-09-2011, 11:20
I havent been for ages. Dont have as much time on my hands these days with the baby! Will drop in one of the hot days for a cooling beverage though.

Ecky Thump
05-09-2011, 11:36
I havent been for ages. Dont have as much time on my hands these days with the baby! Will drop in one of the hot days for a cooling beverage though.

You were there in June and we had a great afternoon and evening.
The welcome we got from Doreen and her staff was outstanding and hope to repeat it later this month.:welcome:

CIM
05-09-2011, 11:39
You were there in June and we had a great afternoon and evening.
The welcome we got from Doreen and her staff was outstanding and hope to repeat it later this month.:welcome:

I forgot all about that afternoon Ecky - I dont think Shaun was there then though I remember Imelda was. Fix another date then! When you back over?

Ecky Thump
05-09-2011, 11:44
I forgot all about that afternoon Ecky - I dont think Shaun was there then though I remember Imelda was. Fix another date then! When you back over?

I think your right, so who was looking after the baby?

There was about twenty of us there and had a great evening, so it has to be repeated, plus its a great way to celebrate my 65th!:D

CIM
05-09-2011, 11:48
I think your right, so who was looking after the baby?

There was about twenty of us there and had a great evening, so it has to be repeated, plus its a great way to celebrate my 65th!:D
Other half was doing her bit :)
I look forward to your birthday and an announcement of another O´Jangles meet up very soon!

anto3
05-09-2011, 11:59
Sean a top guy and Imelda always has a smile on her face, It is a pleasure to drop in for a drink there,

Angusjim
09-10-2011, 08:17
Sean I see Anthony Scott's appearing at O Jangles doing his Billy Connely act at the moment do you know if he will be on around new year time we are over for my wifes birthday and she wants to go and see him

Davie Thistle
21-10-2011, 19:08
.........bitty late wif ma write-up fingy!

But!

..........we were ova for a wee week last week!
had a brill time, great chillout, just what the doctor ordered!

So, back to the subject - O'jangles!

wot can I say thats not been said already??
we went in two or three times for breaky, as usual fannytastk!
great choice.
The nites in the pub are as usual very good,
we went in Sunday nite, and it had everything!
from D.J to Karaoke, to a great stage act - a camp? Freddie Mercury!
Totally OTT! then Sean did a wee spot, Irish music & his 'Famous' Rod Stewart!
a great night was had by all.
Keep up the good work Sean & Imelda & team!
We will defo be back!
Davie & Donna Mags & Jim
:D

Sal
21-10-2011, 19:18
I was there in June - both with Ecky and on other occasions. Outstanding bar, friendly staff and good food!
Highly recommended. Five stars.

tizzywizzy
08-12-2011, 17:31
I have just heard the O'Jangles is sold again and it is changing back to Bojangles. Does anyone know what sort of bar it is going to be now?

churnlobster
08-12-2011, 18:33
I have just heard the O'Jangles is sold again and it is changing back to Bojangles. Does anyone know what sort of bar it is going to be now?

The bar is closing for a week for some refurbing, It should be open again sometime next week.
Not to much changing, but not sure about the name change.

9PLUS
08-12-2011, 22:06
All i've seen is the O`jangles sign has been taken down exposing the older one BoJangles

I always did like that name and thought it was a clever change to the Irish bar

Whatever i wish them well

imablue
08-12-2011, 23:58
well.. i,ve heard Chinese have taken it over ...Tom has been given his cards ...
and the name is going back to being Bo,Jangles... personally i think it should be ..
O,Chang..les ....

AL JAY
09-12-2011, 00:15
Or for Christmas O'Jingles :trink2::cheers::santa::rudolf::christmascheer::ch ristmascheer::party4:

churnlobster
09-12-2011, 02:43
well.. i,ve heard Chinese have taken it over ...Tom has been given his cards ...
and the name is going back to being Bo,Jangles...

All the above is true

Medman
09-12-2011, 02:58
All the above is true

Still room for you CL I hope

Suej
09-12-2011, 11:38
Well I was told it was going to be an East End Cockney bar called O´Blimey´s;)

TOTO 99
09-12-2011, 14:26
Or a bar with naked waiters called......................O'Dangles..:laugh:

Suej
09-12-2011, 14:41
Or a bar with naked waiters called......................O'Dangles..:laugh:

Internet Cafe? O´Dongles!??:)

imablue
09-12-2011, 17:08
take your washing in .....O,Mangles..

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2011, 17:14
take your washing in .....O,Mangles..

or your Jewellery........... O'Bangles ?

Medman
09-12-2011, 18:05
or your Jewellery........... O'Bangles ?

Retro Confectionery Bar ....... O'Spangles ........

Ecky Thump
09-12-2011, 18:14
Retro Confectionery Bar ....... O'Spangles ........

Or what men suffer from after a night at the pub

O'Dangles.:D

churnlobster
09-12-2011, 18:47
Or what men suffer from after a night at the pub

O'Dangles.:D

Or the state of your hair after swimming in the sea

O' Tangles :lol:

warbey
09-12-2011, 21:16
Sorry to hear Tom is going/gone.
He will survive and I wish Him well as I happen to like the Chap.

Arona1
10-12-2011, 02:59
A swingers bar.......

orangutangles.....

Andy0210
10-12-2011, 03:12
Sorry to hear Tom is going/gone.
He will survive and I wish Him well as I happen to like the Chap.

Perhaps the one sensible post amongst the rest of this recent crap. :rolleyes:

If the rest of above is true then good luck Tom with whatever you do next. :)

Peterrayner
10-12-2011, 10:29
Have all the staff gone...or just Tom ???

West mids tyke
10-12-2011, 10:42
had great tkime again in ojangles, great to see tom and kirsty again and meet all the new guys, great bar with great entertainment

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
10-12-2011, 10:54

Maybe its better to post some lighthearted posts (crap) than speculate on what we don't know to be 100% true.
If we all post goodbyes and sorrows on every story that is posted, then we could be posting more crap.
I would prefer to wait for a official statement of any change (if its our business to know) before saying any farewells on what is up to now to my mind at this point is speculation.:)

Angusjim
11-12-2011, 09:32

Andy you need to get back on the beer before you post like the old days, you are becoming far to sensible:lol:

lancslad
09-01-2012, 17:44
so is this bar open or closed???

seanocelt
09-01-2012, 18:16
O' Jangles, is now, BO jangles again.

Tom & Sharon
09-01-2012, 20:44
Tom's still posting on the O'Jangles Facebook page though, and there's plenty of activity on it.

seanocelt
09-01-2012, 21:09
The new Facebook page from the new owners and staff is Bo Jan Gles , with spaces as i typed. Not been in myself since the new owners took over.

lancslad
20-02-2012, 10:45
Nice bar,good staff,the compare was a good laugh,entertainment most nights.
We spent an enjoyable night watching an artist called "comedy elvis", the evening went really well.

The next night the artist advertised was a sort of drag queen tribute.so we popped in about 10pm had a few beers (as you do).THEN.........at 11:15 the bar owner decided to cancel the artist because there wasnt enough people in the bar.
I wasnt best pleased i can tell you.It felt like ide wasted a night in the bar waiting to be entertained, when i could have been somewhere else.

Now i know times are hard and everyone is trying to make a buck, but i thought this was a bad move on the owners part.

seanocelt
20-02-2012, 11:48
The next night the artist advertised was a sort of drag queen tribute.so we popped in about 10pm had a few beers (as you do).THEN.........at 11:15 the bar owner decided to cancel the artist because there wasnt enough people in the bar.
I wasnt best pleased i can tell you.It felt like ide wasted a night in the bar waiting to be entertained, when i could have been somewhere else.

Now i know times are hard and everyone is trying to make a buck, but i thought this was a bad move on the owners part.[/QUOTE]

Could the O Jangles thread be stopped/split and BoJangles comments given their own thread? Old O'Jangles staff and owners have nothing to do with decisions made by Bojangles owners and would prefer to have that made clear by having a seperate thread. There is no O'Janlges now, just Bojangles, different owners. Thanks.

tonypub
20-02-2012, 11:58
they even got rid of roseanne now.:doh:

West mids tyke
20-02-2012, 12:34
Nice bar,good staff,the compare was a good laugh,entertainment most nights.
We spent an enjoyable night watching an artist called "comedy elvis", the evening went really well.

Now i know times are hard and everyone is trying to make a buck, but i thought this was a bad move on the owners part.

dont know whats happened to O Jangles(its now called BoJangles), was a really good bar when Tom was there but its standards have dropped considerably, somebody different business plan i suppose sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, cancelling an act because not enough in the bar tells you 2 things time to look for another act to fill that gap and get the custom back and be prepared to take a loss for the sake of 1 night because you will pull the loss back on another night , SIMPLES

slodgedad
20-02-2012, 23:31
As requested I have closed this thread as the bar no longer exists. I will start a new thread with the Bojangles name.