PDA

View Full Version : Airport Transfers

Johnboy
14-10-2011, 10:22
I have friends arriving next Friday and I'm looking for somebody to take them to Las Americas. I would do it myself but my car isn't big enough for 3 adults and 2 children plus me!! Anybody know of a reasonably priced transfer company or anybody with a big car wanting to earn a few euros. Please PM me...

Carol55
14-10-2011, 11:53
Why not simply get a taxi at the airport...Reasonable price and 100% legal and insured,:) unlike someone doing you a favour to save a few euro!:crying2:

Stoney
14-10-2011, 11:56
transfer to PDLA is 28 euros by taxi, they have vehicles large enough to take all the party in one

Johnboy
14-10-2011, 15:29
I was not looking for anybody to do me a favor and if you read the question it was firstly asking if anybody knew of a transfer company. At the same time there are a few people who do make a living from private hire with larger vehicles on this forum. I would point out the last time I used a taxi they could not find the house and charged for the 20 minutes they spent looking and the cost was in excess of 45€. Life isn't about how cheap you can do something it's about doing it right...

Carol55
14-10-2011, 17:27
Anybody know of a reasonably priced transfer company or anybody with a big car wanting to earn a few euros. Please PM me...

I was not looking for anybody to do me a favor and if you read the question it was firstly asking if anybody knew of a transfer company. At the same time there are a few people who do make a living from private hire with larger vehicles on this forum.Life isn't about how cheap you can do something it's about doing it right...

Your initial post sounds like you are asking someone (anybody) to do a favour and wants to earn a bit of money and my post tried to point out that generally people who are doing airport transfers are unlicensed and therefore uninsured, which in turn is doing no one a favour if they are involved in a accident or stopped by the police.

Stoney
14-10-2011, 17:28
We live in a very small complex and the taxi drivers never know it, when we say where we want to go, so we tell them to take us at the hotel at the bottom of the road. Then just direct them to our house from there. The taxi we took last time from the airport was a seven seater, so that would easily take your party and as said in previous post was 28 euros, we think thats a reasonable amount to pay.