PDA

View Full Version : Away Day to UD Vecindario vs CD Tenerife in January

Fred Perry
14-10-2011, 21:35
I know it is a fair way ahead but plans are being made for the away day to Gran Canaria and CD Tenerife´s match against UD Vecindario (south of the Island).

The match will be played on the weekend of the 14th/15th January 2012. Perhaps two weeks before or so the exact day and kick off time will be confirmed so only then can we can finalise our travel arrangements.

My idea at the moment would be to take our normal coach over to Gran Canaria for the whole day. This way it should work out cheaper and without doubt would be easier for us than going on the official trip. I have to check with our coach comapny first but it should be okay.:idea:

So basically, coach from the South up to Santa Cruz, ferry to Agaete (North Gran Canaria) then the 1 hour or so trip to the town of Vecindario. I am sure it would be a great trip, just like a home one but longer :)

I would need at least 40 to make it worthwhile. We can find our version of "The Oasis" in Gran Canaria on route :c2:

We would return on the same day on the coach.

Anyone have any input/ideas regarding this trip? Are there any ways to reduce costs of the trip. It would be great to see the usual crowd of Armada Sur go over to this match. We can collect in parts if it makes it easier, the cost would be more or less 50-80€ tops (return coach & ferry/match ticket).

This was a bar outside the Vecindario stadium believe it or not!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2usa0ao.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2qlr38i.jpg

Fred Perry
09-12-2011, 23:00
Match confirmed by TV Canaria - SUNDAY 15TH AT 5PM.

Better in a way as it does not mean such an early start. Bad part is the return as both ferries - the last ones (Fred Olsen & Armas) leave Gran Canaria at 7.30pm. I am sure that something will be worked out with the ferry company. Likely event in my opinion will be that the Armas (which goes from Las Palmas center) will leave an hour later.

Flying is an option to be looked at seriously as well. Return from TF South to Gran Canaria leaves Tenerife at 11am and returns at 8.30pm. This would need to be booked up fairly quickly though. We can sort on coach next week.

Fred Perry
15-12-2011, 10:58
Latest is that a travel agency "Viajes Ecquador" (Pablo Sicilia has shares in them) are looking to put a package together for the day. Ferry company ARMAS will not delay their ferry(pathetic) but Fred Olsen has said no problem.
Basically the idea would be to get the Fred Olsen ferry in the morning, arrive in Gran Canaria and find one of these big restaurant/ranch type places for everyone to eat (perhaps 200 fans). Then onto Vecindario in the south of Gran Canaria and the match at 5pm. Return to Tenerife straight after the game.

So, coach, meal, match ticket, ferry all included in price.......more details soon.