PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Starbucks in Tenerife?

Tenerife Villas
15-10-2011, 13:13
is their a starbucks in tenerife as my mate normally brings me out their filter coffee that you can buy in their uk shops or can anyone recommend a similar nice coffee that can be brought here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slodgedad
15-10-2011, 15:33
No, thank God. We have proper coffee here at proper prices.

Tenerife Villas
15-10-2011, 18:10
any recommendations?

henry
15-10-2011, 18:20
there was a starbucks at the star bar a few months back. i remember see the sign of it saying we serve star bucks. but i swing by there a few days ago. and they don´t do star bucks no more.also i don´t drink coffee but i allways hear o´monks at the apolo center in los cristanos serve good coffee

doreen
15-10-2011, 20:38
No, Starbucks refused to allow franchises in Tenerife, when approached two years ago.

I like Lavazza :)

Andy0210
15-10-2011, 21:38
but i allways hear o´monks at the apolo center in los cristanos serve good coffee

Do you mean the Merry Monk ???

Or has O´Jangles expanded ???

DM&Penfold
16-10-2011, 06:47
is their a starbucks in tenerife as my mate normally brings me out their filter coffee that you can buy in their uk shops or can anyone recommend a similar nice coffee that can be brought here.

The coffee of the moment for us is the Bellarom GOLD from Lidl at @ €380 for 500 grams. I would give it about 7 out of 10.
We have tried most of the ones from Mercodona and the wife was not too keen.
She thought them a little bitter and would give them about 4 or 5 out of 10.
Hope this helps . DM

finca18jrl
16-10-2011, 09:24
No, thank God. We have proper coffee here at proper prices.
Quite agree!!!:agree:

ineedholidays
16-10-2011, 09:58
We have one here in Gran Canaria but it's in the departure lounge of the airport. :duh:

Bobby
16-10-2011, 09:59
Quite agree!!!:agree:

When in Rome........................go local

Vortex Wake
16-10-2011, 10:23
Costa Coffee is a very popular coffee shop franchise where I live - 8 outlets in a 7mile radius (not including book shop and garage Costa outlets). Popular with young and old .
I bet a Costa situated on the front near Burger King , Los Cristianos would be popular.
I too enjoy my coffee in Tenerife - Del Duque Plaza is a great place for a cup. Hyburys in Los C that used to advertise on Oasis FM made a good cup too - but was difficult to find.
Sometimes it is difficult to know what you will get when you order from a local independent outlet - I guess that's why Mc D and Burger king do so well .

Maybe Dave should be put on the case ;)

stevem
16-10-2011, 12:17
Must admit I prefer Lavazza to any of the overpriced garbage disguised as coffee by Starbucks and Costa :)

Tenerife Villas
16-10-2011, 16:18
lavvaza is the dogs but where do they sell it retail I've only seen it for sale for the tasimo system pods but I have seen it sold on amazon for normal filter machines.

henry
16-10-2011, 19:52
Do you mean the Merry Monk ???

Or has O´Jangles expanded ???

merry monk andy

stevem
17-10-2011, 07:18
lavvaza is the dogs but where do they sell it retail I've only seen it for sale for the tasimo system pods but I have seen it sold on amazon for normal filter machines.

I got chatting to my local coffee shop owner and asked him to order me some ;)

karinagal
17-10-2011, 11:52

Not sure I can get to a Starbucks but if you really, desperately want some decent coffee, I'm arriving in Friday evening and could bring something for you?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk