PDA

View Full Version : Fishing I want to go fishing in a small boat Las Galletas, Tenerife. Any recommendations?

Fisherman
15-10-2011, 18:29
Hi, I wonder does anyone know someone who goes out from Las Galletas in a small boat for " inshore " fishing,who would be prepared to let me , have an occasional trip out and share costs.
I am an experienced angler who would rather use lighitsh tackle rather than go for the big offshore game fish.
I normally do trout and salmon fishing in the UK. Thanks David

sunseeker
16-10-2011, 23:43
have you tried contacting some of the angling trips?

Fisherman
17-10-2011, 08:45
Hi Sunseeker--
Thanks for that--I was hoping to avoid paying like 60 to 80 € for half a days fishing, I was looking for something a bit more low key !!
However, if all else fails ------
Regards,
David

PS sorry you're poorly !!-

kingbaker
17-10-2011, 13:02
Hi Libra I'm a boat angler myself so here's all I know

I don't know of anybody in Las Galletas doing any kind of rentals.
I talked to a guy in Puerto Colon about a rib rental. €60 per hour--no tackle supplied
for up to 3 people

Los Gigantes-- A guy at the start of the harbour near the red and white barrier,
small boats at I think €25 per hour........no decent tackle or rods. Let me know how you get on.:tiphat:

Fisherman
17-10-2011, 14:29
Hi John,
Thanks for that, rather than hiring a boat- I'd thought of joining someone who had a boat and was going out himself--
However, it's a lead, I'll see what I can find, later.
If I get anything good I'll let you know,
Regards,
David

divedog
07-11-2011, 12:46
send me a pm i do fishing trips. fiy fishing. boat fishing. kayak fishing. shore fishing trips

Fisherman
07-11-2011, 13:07
Hi,
Thank you for the message,--Have we met,--are you Karl ??
Let me know if you have any spaces on any of your trips for some fishing trips--my friend I was thinking of sharing with, has now gone back to Germany !!
If I could join an existing trip for say 20--25 Euros I would be very be very interested-
doing a hire on my own looks to be a bit too expensive for me at the moment.
Let me know what you think,
Regards,
David

gsc
13-12-2011, 07:33
We are buying a place in Los Abrigos, hubby Dave also fishes. Keep in touch if you want to share sometime. Regards, Gay

Fisherman
21-12-2011, 18:22
Hi,
Yes please--
Did you get my previous reply ??
Can you reply directly to my email ???
I'm going over on Jan 9th -- are you over there now ??
Regards,
David

gsc
21-12-2011, 18:29
Hi David - no I didn't get any previous reply. I am going with daughter and grandkids 11th and hubby comes ove 21st.

divedog
21-12-2011, 23:02
did you get my PM sorry been away in poland pike fishing wow i miss pike fishing

divedog
26-12-2011, 14:22
To all i offer fishing trips . boat fishing. kayak fishing. shore fishing .fly fishing.sal****er spining . fly tying sirvice all trips with a gide and maybe a fish of a life time . 9 year in tenerife diving and all my life fishing . meens you catch fish all so rod and takle hire . fresh bait and licance service. pm for more info

Fisherman
11-02-2012, 21:28
Hi,--
How goes it---are you settled over here yet ??--do let me know if I can offer any advice or help,--I've been over here foe 10 years ( gulp ! ) on and off now,or if your going out--when the wind drops--I'd love to join you.
Regards, Fisherman
( ex libra !!)

kingbaker
12-02-2012, 13:06
Hi,--
How goes it---are you settled over here yet ??--do let me know if I can offer any advice or help,--I've been over here foe 10 years ( gulp ! ) on and off now,or if your going out--when the wind drops--I'd love to join you.
Regards, Fisherman
( ex libra !!)

Yeah!!! Yeah!!! When the wind drops!! What are you? A wimp or a hairdresser?? Suppose you bring an umberella,

in case it rains, and a little Vicks chest rub, in case you catch a wee cold.:crylaughing::whistle:

karinagal
12-02-2012, 13:10
Yeah!!! Yeah!!! When the wind drops!! What are you? A wimp or a hairdresser?? Suppose you bring an umberella,

in case it rains, and a little Vicks chest rub, in case you catch a wee cold.:crylaughing::whistle:

Do you REALLY think it's a good idea to make fun of someone who could potentially bury you at sea, weighted down with an anchor for the little fishes to nibble at? :D :p :D

gsc
12-02-2012, 13:14

Well I her what you're saying but I was in Los Abrigos at the end of November when they had the memorial on the harbour front for a young local lad lost at sea a week before. Just 21. It kind of makes you think.

kingbaker
12-02-2012, 13:20
Do you REALLY think it's a good idea to make fun of someone who could potentially bury you at sea, weighted down with an anchor for the little fishes to nibble at? :D :p :D

You tink I bee Swimmin' wit da fishes soon? I think it could be the other way around KG. Id be having fun in 40' swells while

the Fisherman'd be on the quay, holdin' up his brolly, to stop the wind tossin' his hair.

HA!!!HA!!!:crylaughing::whistle:

Added after 3 minutes:

Well I her what you're saying but I was in Los Abrigos at the end of November when they had the memorial on the harbour front for a young local lad lost at sea a week before. Just 21. It kind of makes you think.

Sure does we've people missing in Ireland for the last few weeks... some from the same family.

Fisherman
12-02-2012, 15:56
I'm rather surprised at your cavaler attitude, firstly fishing,( to me ) is meant to be enjoyable, not an endurance test, secondly, there is a difference between being a wimp, and being foolhardy, let alone being a potential liability--lives have been lost looking for fisherman out at sea----let alone the tremendous cost in mounting boat and helecopter rescue searches.
I've been out in force eight's before, so it's not new to me.
So I'll still be prepared to wait for better weather, and enjoy myself in safety, hopefully without inconviencing others.
Thank you for your comments but if you still think safety equals wimp-- then so be it.
Fisherman