PDA

View Full Version : Low key surfing in Tenerife

kittypurrkate
17-10-2011, 17:44
Hi
Advice wanted:
My partner and I are coming to Tenerife next week. We are both beginner surfers and would like to spend three or four days on a beach surfing.

I am trying to find a beach where we can go that is not near to any big resorts - maybe in the north somewhere - that we can surf on. A quiet beach if possible.

However, we will not be bringing our own surf gear with us so it must be somewhere that we can hire boards. We will not have our own transport so we will need to stay near the beach. We are looking for a low budget place to sleep: a pension or hostel.

Does anyone have any ideas for us??

Many thanks.

cressrt
18-10-2011, 20:24
El Medano is the best beach and depending on conditions caters for all levels. There are budget hotels in the town I'm sure you could find details by surfing the net. It is a town and can get busy but I'm sure you'd enjoy it there.

Palmero
19-10-2011, 15:23
Here is spot guide for Tenerife with wave predictions, but most of them are for intermediate and advanced surfers.
http://magicseaweed.com/Tenerife-Surfing/14/

El Medano is not listed there because there are no "real" surf waves like rights or lefts, but if you are real beginner than it's very good, sandy beach. With one condition - there is wind from North, North-East, because there ale only waves created by the wind, but unfortunately it's less predictable now then in the summer.
You can hire equipment in the middle of the town on the main restaurant path.

Good luck! :surfer: