PDA

View Full Version : HOME Needed! Golden Labrador looking for home

caroletenerife
17-10-2011, 23:49
This sad looking boy was found up the hills by hikers on Friday, he is 5 years old and unneutered. He has been taken to the vet for flea treatment etc and was found to be chipped but apparently the owner is now in SPAIN !!!!!
He is staying with the kind lady who found him but she CANNOT keep him because of no animal rules on complex. If anyone is interested in Jedi, who is apparently playful, loving and obedient, please PM me and i shall pass on details, thank you x

carol & steve
18-10-2011, 08:30
Aww how sad does he look....thank goodness someone found him......hope he finds his forever home.x

mamamaz
18-10-2011, 08:31
Oh poor Jedi - he looks so sad. I hope someone can give him the loving home he deserves.

Megaloo
18-10-2011, 15:37
Typical come and get me look from a lab. Oh how I wish I was not in an apartment. Labradors are my passion

bonitatime
18-10-2011, 17:26
What a lovely looking dog. I hope you find a home for him

cainaries
19-10-2011, 17:45
This sad looking boy was found up the hills by hikers on Friday, he is 5 years old and unneutered. He has been taken to the vet for flea treatment etc and was found to be chipped but apparently the owner is now in SPAIN !!!!!
He is staying with the kind lady who found him but she CANNOT keep him because of no animal rules on complex. If anyone is interested in Jedi, who is apparently playful, loving and obedient, please PM me and i shall pass on details, thank you x

I don't want to interfere in something I know nothing about except in the interest of the dog. I don't quite understand your point about the owner being in Spain. We are in Spain here. Did you speak to them? I was just wondering if someone else was looking after their dog and it ran off? Just a thought.

karinagal
19-10-2011, 21:50
I don't want to interfere in something I know nothing about except in the interest of the dog. I don't quite understand your point about the owner being in Spain. We are in Spain here. Did you speak to them? I was just wondering if someone else was looking after their dog and it ran off? Just a thought.

I assumed Carol meant that the owner has returned to the mainland leaving the dog behind?

caroletenerife
19-10-2011, 23:41
Hi sorry, didnt explain it very well. The people who found the dog took it to a vet because it is very thin etc etc, they say he checked for a chip and called the phone number. The vet told her that the owner is now in Spain (i presume mainland) and would not be returning. perhaps he was being looked after by someone ...or perhaps he was just excess baggage like the hundreds of other lost souls wandering about up there:(

cainaries
19-10-2011, 23:45
I assumed Carol meant that the owner has returned to the mainland leaving the dog behind?

Karinagal you might well be right but I don't understand how do they know this? I don't know what information is on the chip. But I confess, hands up and sorry guv, that we took years to change the registration details for the chips for our cats which had our UK addresses. So could it be possible that the same thing has happened with this dog i.e.that it was registered in the mainland but the owners have moved TO Tenerife? Our chips ... as best I understand it ... are registered to our vet who kind of knows who we are. And that's it. So if one of our cats went awol someone doing the scan would just know that the cat was kind of registered with our vet who will know who we are next time we go in to see him. In fact if one of them went awol we would be straight up to tell him because we know he will be the first point of call.

julia44
20-10-2011, 06:16
When my Oscar went missing I went to the vet and he put him on a missing list for Tenerife, he said if he was found he would be contacted first and he would contact me as my contact details were also on the computer.

cainaries
20-10-2011, 10:37
Hi sorry, didnt explain it very well. The people who found the dog took it to a vet because it is very thin etc etc, they say he checked for a chip and called the phone number. The vet told her that the owner is now in Spain (i presume mainland) and would not be returning. perhaps he was being looked after by someone ...or perhaps he was just excess baggage like the hundreds of other lost souls wandering about up there:(

Hi caroletenerife

I'm so sorry, I think we must have posted at the same time yesterday. My post is totally redundant and I apologise. Thanks so much for explaining. Yes, there are plenty of lost souls up the mountains here in La Palma as well. All very distressing. I hope you find a home for this poor dog.

caroletenerife
29-10-2011, 18:03
Great news!!!! Apparently the original owner moved to Spain and Jedi was given to a new home, who DUMPED him in the mountains..but the original owner has been found and wanted him back so Jedi left for mainland Spain yesterday to be reunited with them..many thanks to Tracey who found him while hiking and cared enough to bring him down the mountain, care for him and help find his family. Thank you everyone for your concern for Jedi, im sure his little face will have a happier expression now xxx

Sombra
29-10-2011, 19:27
That's brilliant news :):)

carol & steve
30-10-2011, 10:31
Oh I am so pleased for him.......thank goodness for all you who care.....you are wonderful!!xx :):):)

caroletenerife
30-10-2011, 11:37
Oh I am so pleased for him.......thank goodness for all you who care.....you are wonderful!!xx :):):)
Thanks for your support, but the real star is Tracey who found him and has nursed him back to what a lab should look like, I cut down the photo because his back end was just skin and bone, so who knows how long he had been up there. Im just relieved he hasnt ended up in our shelter, Tracey's relieved she doesnt have to lock horns anymore over the 'no dogs rule' on her complex and i'm sure Jedi is relieved to be back with his family...a good ending all round xxx