PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Scampi's, Compostela Beach, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

ddoyle
07-06-2011, 19:40
I would like to recommend Scampies Las Americas, lovely fish chips and mushy peas. Rib eye and Fillet Steak are fantastic.

marbro8
07-06-2011, 20:41
yes on a few occasions and the food is fab and chris and his wife are a lovely couple:love:

gary d
08-07-2011, 20:02
used to have to share a fish with other half but now have to have my own(either got a bit smaller or ive got greedier)still gorgeous food though

Sal
08-07-2011, 20:04
Whereabouts in LC?

gary d
08-07-2011, 20:07
not exactly in lc on side street that goes to the beach opp. zara

marbro8
08-07-2011, 20:26
Whereabouts in LC?at the side of compostella, just up from rovers return and opposite the vista sur shopping center

ddoyle
09-07-2011, 09:26
yes on a few occasions and the food is fab and chris and his wife are a lovely couple:love:

Agree 100% lovely couple.

Jackie
09-07-2011, 09:38
Only been to this place once and wouldn't go back, there was three of us and we ordered to take away. Got served the first order and while waiting for the others my daughter sat at one of the tables and started to eat hers. The miserable sod behind the counter gave her a big lecture how we had ordered to take away so she couldn't sit at the table and eat hers, even though she was only sitting there while we were waiting for the rest of our order. Understandable I suppose if the place was busy and they needed the seats but there was only one other couple in there. My husband mentioned this to the bloke serving but he said as we ordered to take away we were not allowed to sit at the table regardless of the fact we were still waiting for our order??? Also don't know what oil they used to cook the chips in but they tasted awful and ended up in the basura. Don't know who it was that served us but he was a youngish bloke who definately needs to learn how to smile and a course in customer service wouldn't go amiss

Bobby
09-07-2011, 11:59
I have always found the service ar Scampi's first class both eating in and taking out. Their chips are the best I have had, but the fish may be pricy compared to the Uk, but when getting a take away I always sit at a table if one is free and have not been told off for doing so. Perhaps its my age. It may have been Jackie that it was because your daughter was eating her meal. Bad luck - I'm sorry for her.

atlantico
09-07-2011, 12:41
take the time to walk 60 yards further down , and go to Surfers instead - everything on the menu is MUCH better !

Jackie
09-07-2011, 12:43
I have always found the service ar Scampi's first class both eating in and taking out. Their chips are the best I have had, but the fish may be pricy compared to the Uk, but when getting a take away I always sit at a table if one is free and have not been told off for doing so. Perhaps its my age. It may have been Jackie that it was because your daughter was eating her meal. Bad luck - I'm sorry for her.

I understand what you're saying but the reason she was eating it was because two out of our three order where still not ready, so rather than hers get cold she started eating it. She was literally sitting there waiting for us, not intending to stay until she had finished. As I said it was our first visit there and I wouldn't go back simply because of his attitude, especially as the place was empty as well.

Bazz
09-07-2011, 16:44
It was alright. I've tasted better, but what bugged me was, you have to pay for tomato sauce (yes ..... whilst 'eating inside') :crazy: :poke:

pablo1
09-07-2011, 16:55
Hard for me to comment as I haven't eaten there for a good few years.
When I lived on Compestella Beach though, their pudding chips peas and gravy with a can of vimto to wash it down tasted like the food of the Gods, and helped me through many a hangover!!
Be a shame if standards have dropped...

delderek
09-07-2011, 18:41
It was alright. I've tasted better, but what bugged me was, you have to pay for tomato sauce (yes ..... whilst 'eating inside') :crazy: :poke:

If that's true I would never set foot in the place again.

Sal
09-07-2011, 19:41
not exactly in lc on side street that goes to the beach opp. zara

at the side of compostella, just up from rovers return and opposite the vista sur shopping center

I know where you mean - thanks!

Bazz
09-07-2011, 21:35
If that's true I would never set foot in the place again.

Looks like you won't be setting foot in there again. It is true. :(

delderek
09-07-2011, 21:52
Looks like you won't be setting foot in there again. It is true. :(

Good job there's a new chippy opening in Los Cris then.:hungry:

Bazz
09-07-2011, 21:58

You can let us all know whether it's any good and if you have to pay for a bit of sauce!!! :hungry: :lol:

fire13
10-07-2011, 16:40
Just returned from holiday and ate twice at Scampi's. Fish, chips & mushy peas on both occasions.

Excellent!

Need to say no more. :hungry:

Jackalina
10-07-2011, 17:18
I would not go back either, when we went although the fish was nice it was overpriced and yes we were charged for tomato sauce and I don't think we even used it.

delderek
10-07-2011, 18:08
I would not go back either, when we went although the fish was nice it was overpriced and yes we were charged for tomato sauce and I don't think we even used it.

I have eaten all over the world and never been charged for sauces etc,,,what a good customer relations excercise. is this a world first?:stupid:

Jackalina
10-07-2011, 18:22
Last time I mentioned it I was told it was quite common to be charged extra for sauce. I must say I had never heard of it and have been in a lot of restaurants home and abroad.

Bazz
10-07-2011, 19:18
They'll be charging for salt and vinegar next!!!!

Will try the new one in Los Cristianos very soon and hopefully we'll get free sauce!!! :spin: :pray: :hungry:

delderek
10-07-2011, 19:22
Will try the new one in Los Cristianos very soon and hopefully we'll get free sauce!!! :spin: :pray: :hungry:

Just had it confirmed,,,,you will,,but don't take too many in your excitement.!!!:fryingpan:

Bazz
10-07-2011, 19:24
Just had it confirmed,,,,you will,,but don't take too many in your excitement.!!!:fryingpan:

Tastes better when it's free! Same when we get a free bottle of wine at our favourite restaurant in Tenerife!!! :)

miguel
11-07-2011, 01:43
Hi, Leaving the charge for tomato sauce out of this what you really mean is you would rather pay a lower price so you can have inferior fish, wonder why were struggling a bit over here. I have used Scampi´s for many years and it has always been excellent, but its also good news that a new chippie will be opening quite close to where i live, will give it a fair try a bit unlike some people on here who by the nature of there posts have never been to Scampi´s they must be more interested in there Tenerife apt owners posts. One thing i must say about the quote is that in all the years i have used there i have never seen sauce served if it was not ordered. Would be nice to see a few more people who live here supporting local buisnesses a bit more. Miguel.

Jackie
11-07-2011, 07:37
Hi, Leaving the charge for tomato sauce out of this what you really mean is you would rather pay a lower price so you can have inferior fish, wonder why were struggling a bit over here. I have used Scampi´s for many years and it has always been excellent, but its also good news that a new chippie will be opening quite close to where i live, will give it a fair try a bit unlike some people on here who by the nature of there posts have never been to Scampi´s they must be more interested in there Tenerife apt owners posts. One thing i must say about the quote is that in all the years i have used there i have never seen sauce served if it was not ordered. Would be nice to see a few more people who live here supporting local buisnesses a bit more. Miguel.

Totally agree with you Miguel about supporting local businesses, but when staff are miserable so and so's and have no customer skills then they don't deserve the custom. As I said in my first post, I have only visited Scampi's once but the owners can thank the bloke who served us for us not returning, first impressions and all that. Not only will they not get our custom again but he also won't get that of any friends/family that visit Tenerife because I wouldn't recommend them.

Incognita
11-07-2011, 16:47
I am just being curious here, but is the issue over paying for the sauces refering to when you eat in? or do people object to paying for it on takeaway orders too? for me personally if I was eating in I would expect it to be free as they will be making money on me buying drinks, whereas takeaway I probably wouldnt, so would expect to pay for the sauces.

fire13
11-07-2011, 18:55
For the price if I remember rightly was 5.95 for fish & chips, it was 5.20 but things do go up. Yes it was the smaller portion but ample for me & I'm no mouse. The sauce if required could be purchased in sachets. So if they put the price up to include sauce people on here would moan about paying for sauce that they don't want. You can't win either way!:crazy:

By the way the prices above are in euro's. Still cheap & eating in.

tenerife ted
12-07-2011, 15:45
I tend to agree with Miguel,a lot of people who post on here have never eaten at Scampi's by the sounds of it!!! I have lived here for over fifteen years now and have been to Scampi's on numerous occasions worked my way through the menu even...and i can honestly say i have never been dissapointed in any way shape or form..In fact, for those of you who feel the need for Ketchup etc!! and who have been to Scampi's anytime over the last year will know they do not charge for any of the condiments in the restaurant...They also introduced a Brilliant Barbeque Meat menu over the last year too which has taken off tremendously. I have always enjoyed my visits to Scampi's,and as the owners are back at the helm there each night to welcome you and make sure you have enjoyed your meal, i would suggest if you had any queries or complaints regarding your visit there,you should approach them rather than just jump on any band wagon.There is enough tittle tattle on this Island but there are some people who are here just to make an honest living whilst a minority would like to spoil that for some..

d41pse
12-07-2011, 16:11

Where and when is the new chippy opening in Los Cris. :cheer::cheer:

Ed3229
12-07-2011, 16:21
We love Scampi's and use it everytime we visit Tenerife............Will be in for a fish and chips September.:hungry:

delderek
12-07-2011, 19:37
:argue:
I tend to agree with Miguel,a lot of people who post on here have never eaten at Scampi's by the sounds of it!!! I have lived here for over fifteen years now and have been to Scampi's on numerous occasions worked my way through the menu even...and i can honestly say i have never been dissapointed in any way shape or form..In fact, for those of you who feel the need for Ketchup etc!! and who have been to Scampi's anytime over the last year will know they do not charge for any of the condiments in the restaurant...They also introduced a Brilliant Barbeque Meat menu over the last year too which has taken off tremendously. I have always enjoyed my visits to Scampi's,and as the owners are back at the helm there each night to welcome you and make sure you have enjoyed your meal, i would suggest if you had any queries or complaints regarding your visit there,you should approach them rather than just jump on any band wagon.There is enough tittle tattle on this Island but there are some people who are here just to make an honest living whilst a minority would like to spoil that for some..

So are you saying they do not charge for sauce?:argue:

Where and when is the new chippy opening in Los Cris. :cheer::cheer:

Opening 18th July, underneath San Marino called Frydays (used to be the Overseas Chinese).

Added after 8 minutes:

For the price if I remember rightly was 5.95 for fish & chips, it was 5.20 but things do go up. Yes it was the smaller portion but ample for me & I'm no mouse. The sauce if required could be purchased in sachets. So if they put the price up to include sauce people on here would moan about paying for sauce that they don't want. You can't win either way!:crazy:

By the way the prices above are in euro's. Still cheap & eating in.

The cost of sachets are around 2.5 euros for 200. seems to be a crazy way to wind up customers.

sleepy
12-07-2011, 20:12
I'm not at all surprised that places have started charging for ketchup/ mayonnaise.I've seen little brats pouring the entire contents of the bottle over meals and then leaving it,whilst the parents watch on and say nothing.

marbro8
12-07-2011, 20:54
tbh if chris was watching this thread he would be mortified at some of the comments made about a buisness he and his wife have built up over the years, and has indeed expressed his concern about how some members ( or competitors) have come on here to rubbish not only his buisness but others, that is why even though he is a member of this forum he chooses not to divulge his identity, if the the complaints are genuine then i am sure he would try to put things right:)ps chris do'nt thank me cus it will give away your screen name lol

TenerifeFanatic
12-07-2011, 20:59
Been once. albeit years ago but would never go back.

pablo1
12-07-2011, 21:40
tbh if chris was watching this thread he would be mortified at some of the comments made about a buisness he and his wife have built up over the years, and has indeed expressed his concern about how some members ( or competitors) have come on here to rubbish not only his buisness but others, that is why even though he is a member of this forum he chooses not to divulge his identity, if the the complaints are genuine then i am sure he would try to put things right:)ps chris do'nt thank me cus it will give away your screen name lol

I believe it's longevity speaks volumes marbs, i've seen an awful ot of supposedly better chippy's open and close in the many years that Scampi's has been trading.

ruffus
12-07-2011, 21:44
We have used Scampi's for our treat at work, and it has been delicious. Lovely friendly guy who serves at the counter. We will definitely be using it again:hungry:

tenerife ted
13-07-2011, 12:27
That's EXACTLY what i am saying DELDEREK has a regular customer who knows these things not one who has been once and won't go back or one who thinks they will just put their two penneth in because they have nothing better to do !!!!

Added after 24 minutes:

My sentiments exactly Pablo1 if they are all better where are they now? like you say it speaks for itself this will be Scampi's 17year of trading here in Tenerife i believe ..so they must be doing something right.Keep up the good work is all i can say..

delderek
13-07-2011, 19:29
Just to put the record straight, have used Scampi's since it first opened (are you sure it's 17 years), and apart from one or two occasions, always enjoyed the food,,,,,but the next time I go and IF I am charged for a sachet of sauce, that will be my last visit, at just over 1cent a pack for the owners to buy, it is nonsense to ask the customer to pay.

Jackie
14-07-2011, 09:31
That's EXACTLY what i am saying DELDEREK has a regular customer who knows these things not one who has been once and won't go back or one who thinks they will just put their two penneth in because they have nothing better to do !!!!

Added after 24 minutes:

My sentiments exactly Pablo1 if they are all better where are they now? like you say it speaks for itself this will be Scampi's 17year of trading here in Tenerife i believe ..so they must be doing something right.Keep up the good work is all i can say..

It only takes one visit to put me off, sorry. As I said, not only did the bloke that served us lack any customer care skills, whatever the chips were cooked in gave them an awful taste and they were really greasy so they ended up in the bin. Please tell me why I would want to go back to a place where the staff were rude and I paid for something that ended up in the bin???

You can't have a go at people simply because they don't like a place as much as you obviously do. It is not a case of putting 'their twopenneth in' it is a case of giving their opinion of a place whether they have visited it once or a hundred times. I am glad that you like the place and continue to give it your custom, if you like rude staff and bad tasting chips then go for it, no one is trying to tell you other wise, but it is not for me

Andy0210
19-07-2011, 23:10
Went to Scampies today, if i am honest we planned to try the new chippy but was put off by the reports on here so decided to give it a bit of time to find its feet before we go.

Have to say that a few years ago i went to Scampies and i posted on the old forum saying i didn´t enjoy it but today was a totally different kettle of fish (pardon the pun)

Proper chips, lovely Cod and was totally boneless which to me is important as if i find a bone in the first mouthful i can´t eat any more of it.

Everything was cooked fresh and served piping hot, cod and chips eat in special 5.95 which i couldn´t finish and i am a big bloke so that says something.

Will definately be going again pretty soon it was the best British fish and chips i have had in over six years in Tenerife. :hungry:

Incognita
20-07-2011, 03:30
Please dont be put off with the reports on here, Andy - Frydays is doing really well considering its only day 2! massive compliments on our fish! just the size of the chips thats an issue but we have taken that on board and will be making the chips more to the british chippy style x

Andy0210
20-07-2011, 10:06
Please dont be put off with the reports on here, Andy - Frydays is doing really well considering its only day 2! massive compliments on our fish! just the size of the chips thats an issue but we have taken that on board and will be making the chips more to the british chippy style x

Not put off completely, just decided to give it a week or two to sort the teething problems out, if i know Julie then she will be banging out brilliant fish and chips in no time! ;)

Vortex Wake
20-07-2011, 11:04
I often use Scampis and always find the food is often batter, sorry , better than UK chip shops.

They even used my picture on their Facebook page :D

KirstyJay
05-04-2012, 18:46
Just had dinner here. Have to say, I've never been in before, but I'll definitely be back. Absolutely fantastic and proper cod, not panga passed off as cod, as so many restaurants do at the moment. You can tell the difference in quality here.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4dd1e09a-da31-3922.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/4dd1e09e-da49-9760.jpg

junglejim
05-04-2012, 20:08
Couldn´t you get Vortex Wake to video it? Looks lovely , pickled onions mmmmm!

primrose
05-04-2012, 20:15
Love going to Scampi's and the staff are great.:yum::yum:

KirstyJay
05-04-2012, 23:36
I have only just got over the sheer volume of food I consumed!!! :D

primrose
05-04-2012, 23:45

It's just too good to leave.:yum:

garlicbread
06-04-2012, 10:46
Just had dinner here. Have to say, I've never been in before, but I'll definitely be back. Absolutely fantastic and proper cod, not panga passed off as cod, as so many restaurants do at the moment. You can tell the difference in quality here.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4dd1e09a-da31-3922.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/4dd1e09e-da49-9760.jpg

don't you mean TEA girl

KirstyJay
06-04-2012, 11:21
don't you mean TEA girlHa hahah hah ha... no, it was too early. I posted the thread later. Nice try though ;)

kingbaker
07-04-2012, 13:08

I was going to say that, but I'm much toooo polite:p

nigelmercier
01-06-2012, 18:53
Fish and Chips? Rovers Return? Where is this place, so I can avoid it!

marbro8
01-06-2012, 19:04
Fish and Chips? Rovers Return? Where is this place, so I can avoid it!lol just go a bit further down the coast to del douqe and you will avoid it;)

libbyb
06-11-2012, 22:40
Hi, anyone know if Scampis fish and chip restaurant is still open in Los Cristianos.
We have had lovely fish and chips there in the past and visiting Tenerife in three weeks

Andy0210
06-11-2012, 22:52
Yes it is still open :)

primrose
06-11-2012, 22:54
And just as good as ever.:hungry:

tfs1
26-02-2016, 18:14
Popped in to Scampis around 1400ish this afternoon for our first visit to sample some real cod and chips, not that panga rubbish. They must be doing something right as we managed to get the last free table.

Good grub, nice friendly staff and a very enjoyable experience. We only had the 'small' cod as we had been warned that the large cod hung over the ends of the plate, not sure how true this was but our small fish, chips and mushy peas filled the plate and was more than enough.

We had the 2 meals, a couple of soft drinks and including IGIC it was €23. You can get meals cheaper but for real cod it was worth every cent.

marbro8
26-02-2016, 19:54
Popped in to Scampis around 1400ish this afternoon for our first visit to sample some real cod and chips, not that panga rubbish. They must be doing something right as we managed to get the last free table.

Good grub, nice friendly staff and a very enjoyable experience. We only had the 'small' cod as we had been warned that the large cod hung over the ends of the plate, not sure how true this was but our small fish, chips and mushy peas filled the plate and was more than enough.

We had the 2 meals, a couple of soft drinks and including IGIC it was €23. You can get meals cheaper but for real cod it was worth every cent. do you know if it is still owned by Tenerife smurf

macdonald5
26-02-2016, 20:13
We have always heard only good reports about Scampis but for one reason or other have as yet never visited despite my OH fav meal been ng decent fish and chips ( as Scots prefer haddock but nice cod acceptable )
Might try next jollie if social calendar permits !!

Angusjim
26-02-2016, 20:27
We have always heard only good reports about Scampis but for one reason or other have as yet never visited despite my OH fav meal been ng decent fish and chips ( as Scots prefer haddock but nice cod acceptable )
Might try next jollie if social calendar permits !!

Does that translate as sober enough:hello:

macdonald5
26-02-2016, 22:18
Does that translate as sober enough:hello:

Well it is a fair wee hike away !! Too many watering holes on way Hic hic !!

Liftman
26-02-2016, 23:39

We had the 2 meals, a couple of soft drinks and including IGIC it was €23. You can get meals cheaper but for real cod it was worth every cent.

Is it just me, but does €23 or £18.50 seem quite pricey for two small cod and chips?

Ecky Thump
26-02-2016, 23:58
Is it just me, but does €23 or £18.50 seem quite pricey for two small cod and chips?

I think if it's the main meal of your day with a couple of drinks and it's in decent surroundings it's OK, but I wouldn't spend that at lunchtime, although it's been known!!

I'm more of a baguette snacker during the day.

Angusjim
27-02-2016, 08:38
I think if it's the main meal of your day with a couple of drinks and it's in decent surroundings it's OK, but I wouldn't spend that at lunchtime, although it's been known!!

Ecky its a chipper no the Ritz:laugh:

tfs1
27-02-2016, 09:56

Fair point, but it did also include 2 soft drinks which from recollection were about €4 and not forgetting mushy peas around €1.

Small it wasn't but thats what they call it and I was happy to pay this rather than pay about €4 at Paella Valencia and have their panga and chips offering. The plate was full and anymore would have been left on the plate.

I wish it was less ! , for us a cooked meal at this time of the day is a bit of a novelty as we are part of the salad or baguette brigade but as we were passing Scampis and hungry, in we went. Nice to do something different.

Taylors Fish and Chips is about €8 and Oyster Catcher is €12.50.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We wouldnt normally but we splashed out as it was the end of the week and a nice way to start the weekend after a busy hectic week sitting in the sun and spashing about in the pool.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

do you know if it is still owned by Tenerife smurf

sorry - not sure. We saw a couple of ladies serving and a couple of chaps doing the cooking. I wonder if they give discounts to forum members !?

free wifi is also available as it seems to be a key offering these days.

essexeddie
27-02-2016, 10:47
Never seen you splashing around the pool much?

Ecky Thump
27-02-2016, 11:28
Ecky its a chipper no the Ritz:laugh:

The Ritz is just over the water from us and it's where I intend to take marbro8 and his wife for a slap up meal....as long as I can get him over on the Cumbrae ferry, not sure how his little short, fat & hairy legs are.:laugh:

Liftman
27-02-2016, 12:04
I was going to offer this to you!

Medman
27-02-2016, 13:07
The Ritz is just over the water from us and it's where I intend to take marbro8 and his wife for a slap up meal....as long as I can get him over on the Cumbrae ferry, not sure how his little short, fat & hairy legs are.:laugh:

Hey I might join you for that. Canny bate a day in Millport !

Ecky Thump
27-02-2016, 13:33
Hey I might join you for that. Canny bate a day in Millport !

On the way back you can take the wheel of the ferry.....it's a better trip after ten pints of Tennants Lager!:D

tfs1
27-02-2016, 13:44
Never seen you splashing around the pool much? I have had my moments !

sunset
28-02-2016, 10:43
If you go to Costa del Silencio try the golden chip very friendly and great fish and chips as good as anywhere and better than most:welcome:

Angusjim
28-02-2016, 10:46
Never seen you splashing around the pool much?

I thought that splashing around and enjoying yourself in your pool was frowned upon or does that just apply to holiday renters:whistle::whistle:

tfs1
28-02-2016, 17:00
I thought that splashing around and enjoying yourself in your pool was frowned upon or does that just apply to holiday renters:whistle::whistle:

We can ALL do all sorts of fun things in / around our pool as long as it doesn't involve playing with balls, lilos, music, running, bringing your own chairs / sunbeds / brollies, putting apartment rubbish in the poolside bins, swimming before 0930, showering with soap in the poolside showers, hogging all the free poolside chairs, not paying for the sunbeds, leaving soiled kids nappies in the poolside bins, feeding the pigeons, sunbathing/walking on the raised grass areas, bored kids digging up the flower beds.

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 17:05
We can ALL do all sorts of fun things in / around our pool as long as it doesn't involve playing with balls, lilos, music, running, bringing your own chairs / sunbeds / brollies, putting apartment rubbish in the poolside bins, swimming before 0930, showering with soap in the poolside showers, hogging all the free poolside chairs, not paying for the sunbeds, leaving soiled kids nappies in the poolside bins, feeding the pigeons, sunbathing/walking on the raised grass areas, bored kids digging up the flower beds.

So basically you can do whatever you like while laying on your back, burning to a frizzle, totally motionless and remaking silent. ! :D

tfs1
28-02-2016, 17:23
So basically you can do whatever you like while laying on your back, burning to a frizzle, totally motionless and remaking silent. ! :D

and of course having a good time while you are doing it.

macdonald5
28-02-2016, 17:26
and of course having a good time while you are doing it.

Give us a clue which complex ......sounds great NOT !!

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 17:33
Give us a clue which complex ......sounds great NOT !!

I do believe it's the Victoria Ct. complex, my brother in law has a apartment there (timeshare/coownership) and he and his wife love it, I've been to the apartment a couple of times and it appears to be very comfortable and well kept.

tfs1
28-02-2016, 17:39
I do believe it's the Victoria Ct. complex, my brother in law has a apartment there (timeshare/coownership) and he and his wife love it, I've been to the apartment a couple of times and it appears to be very comfortable and well kept.

The core poolside rules are probably the same as all responsible complexes to maintain safety and allow the enjoyment for everyone.

My original comment was meant as a 'tounge in cheek' reply.

marbro8
28-02-2016, 21:10

6421when i first saw the RITZ my little eyes popped out of my head. until i saw the picture:laugh: and yes my legs could be described as small fat and hairy. but one thing they can't be described as are SEA legs. so i would think again about a sea journey in rough waters. unless you would like to take another look at what i ate at the RITZ:laugh:

Ecky Thump
28-02-2016, 23:01
when i first saw the RITZ my little eyes popped out of my head. until i saw the picture:laugh: and yes my legs could be described as small fat and hairy. but one thing they can't be described as are SEA legs. So I would think again about a sea journey in rough waters. unless you would like to take another look at what i ate at the RITZ:laugh:

It's too late now, tickets have been bought and as a added incentive, as it's the school holidays its traditional for the crew members children to take the helm of the ship and to make matters worse it will be my Grandson, but no fears as he will be the eldest child there and he's eleven years old!! :swimming: :D

macdonald5
29-02-2016, 09:41
It's too late now, tickets have been bought and as a added incentive, as it's the school holidays its traditional for the crew members children to take the helm of the ship and to make matters worse it will be my Grandson, but no fears as he will be the eldest child there and he's eleven years old!! :swimming: :D

Just memoed myself ......no boat trips through west soon !!!

tfs1
26-01-2017, 18:37
can you book tables here or do most just turn up and hope one becomes free ?

imablue
26-01-2017, 20:23
Just turn up...most peeps eat their meals and leave after all its just fish and chips.....albeit the best you can get here in Tenerife.
Can thoroughly recommend the "plaice"...and the fish isn't,t bad either....

tfs1
26-01-2017, 20:27
Just turn up...most peeps eat their meals and leave after all its just fish and chips.....albeit the best you can get here in Tenerife.
Can thoroughly recommend the "plaice"...and the fish isn't,t bad either....

as you say its only fish and chips ! but hopefully as good as previous times we have gone- only asked as there will be 4 of us and didn't want to disappoint our friends at having to wait around.

imablue
26-01-2017, 20:41
We as a party of 4 went there in between Christmas and New Year
Walked in given a table no problem..about 7.30/8.00 ish..and the meal as usual was spot on...not sure about later in the evenings though.
The staff are always on the ball....

tfs1
27-01-2017, 17:10
We as a party of 4 went there in between Christmas and New Year
Walked in given a table no problem..about 7.30/8.00 ish..and the meal as usual was spot on...not sure about later in the evenings though.
The staff are always on the ball....

no need to worry about making a booking as they dont take bookings !!!

Newforest
27-01-2017, 19:23
Just finished my dinner at Scampies, so my table is free, hurry up!

tfs1
27-01-2017, 23:38
Just finished my dinner at Scampies, so my table is free, hurry up!

I had phoned earlier this afternoon to ask about reserving a table for 7pm as there was 6 of us (originally 4) and a nice lady explained they do not take bookings but there are 3 tables that can sit 6 and we may or may not be lucky to get one.

We must have just missed you we got there at 1900 and walked in to see a table with a 'reserved' sign on it and thought whats going on as they dont reserve tables only to be told by another nice lady that the table was ours - we got lucky !

They place reserve signs on these larger tables to stop just 2 people sitting on them.

We had a great time, nice food, very helpful cheerful staff and very happy to return sooner rather than later.

tfs1
15-12-2017, 17:32
in the unlikely event that anyone will read this over the next few days if you fancy fish and chips at Scampi's over the weekend don't bother, its currently closed until Monday at 1300.

Update. It would appear they were closed for their annual holidays. Anyone who uses facebook will already know this it appears, however, clearly many didn't as the person I spoke to preparing for the reopening said many had also turned up expecting it to be opened.