PDA

View Full Version : What I do when I'm not on the Forum...

Ed3229
20-10-2011, 17:38
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifestyle/tn2-saturday/a-weekend-with/village_allotment_that_just_grew_and_grew_1_316829 5

This is what I do..........:hole:

Thats me holding the chicken.....

Carol55
20-10-2011, 18:18
Lots of people today who live in flats enjoy their time spent at allotments (where they are available) and to some people it gives them a new interest in life, my husband Eric (Ecky Thump) spends many happy hours working in the village garden project that he is involved with.
They have their own website www.organicgrowersfairlie.co.uk its worth a look at to see what can be done with a plot of land that no one has any use for due to the land being contaminated over the years by boat building and a railway station.

Ed3229
20-10-2011, 18:32
Lots of people today who live in flats enjoy their time spent at allotments (where they are available) and to some people it gives them a new interest in life, my husband Eric (Ecky Thump) spends many happy hours working in the village garden project that he is involved with.
They have their own website www.organicgrowersfairlie.co.uk its worth a look at to see what can be done with a plot of land that no one has any use for due to the land being contaminated over the years by boat building and a railway station.

looks great just shows what can be done with a little hard work........Its been a real mission for me the local council didn't want to know so I just started my own allotment.Sorry I didn't make Ecky's birthday do but I had booked a fishing trip out of Puerto Colon and was a little green round the gills when I got back.....

TOTO 99
20-10-2011, 18:32
Well done Ed.

I bet the local greengrocer is well chuffed with you mate....:D

kingbaker
20-10-2011, 18:44
:fishing:
looks great just shows what can be done with a little hard work........Its been a real mission for me the local council didn't want to know so I just started my own allotment.Sorry I didn't make Ecky's birthday do but I had booked a fishing trip out of Puerto Colon and was a little green round the gills when I got back.....

Dont mind the colour of your gills........can we have a fishing report please?---When --Where--What bait-- what lures
--How many caught--what weight etc. etc. Usual stuff!!:tiphat:

Ecky Thump
21-10-2011, 09:02
It amazes me how few people in Tenerife, baring in mind most of my time there is spent in Los Christianos, that I have seen growing kitchen vegetables in their gardens, terraces or balconies when over there the climate is perfect for growing a wide range of produce. I have asked some people why this is the case and the two main reasons given for not bothering is, the availability of tomatoes, courgettes etc. at the supermarkets or that they have a problem with white fly, which is easy to control.
Given the English peoples love of their gardens and fresh produce are there other reasons for not growing fresh fruit and vegetables????

Sylla
21-10-2011, 16:46
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifestyle/tn2-saturday/a-weekend-with/village_allotment_that_just_grew_and_grew_1_316829 5

This is what I do..........:hole:

Thats me holding the chicken.....

I am pleased you informed us it was a chicken LOL !:hungry:

richard_s
23-04-2013, 20:25
I would love to have a bigger balcony or an allotment to grow my own veg on. I live near the center of Los Cristianos with no transport so not much chance.