PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Parque la Paz, Las Americas, Tenerife

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 20:49
Have you stayed at this hotel or complex.

How was it...Did you enjoy your stay...What were the amenities like..etc?

Write a review to give others an idea of where to stay on their jollies

karinagal
07-06-2011, 22:02
I've stayed at these apartments 3 times. The first time was a holiday booked through Globespan - we had booked different accommodation which turned out to be over booked so we were offered a 1 bed apartment in Parque de la Paz. The apartments are clean and spacious. On our first visit, we had to hire kettle, toaster etc but didn't mind this. One of the best things about this complex is its location - right behind the Safari shopping centre with it's dancing fountains, and with a great strip of bars and restaurants right outside. It's also just a short walk to the beach. The first and second time were self catering, the third time I went half board. Can't say I was impressed with the food - not a great variety of food available - so would recommend self catering! There's nightly entertainment in the complex and a vast choice in the bars around it.

:mexicanwave::mexicanwave:

LindaD
08-06-2011, 11:47
Would agree with Karina about the size of the rooms and cleanleiness - also the small TV in the apartment had to be fed with coins (don't know if that is still the case!!!). We went self catering while staying there so never tried the food although the dining room looked very clean. The swimming pool area was always chocca even though we were there in low season, but I think this area is too small for the size of complex. Las Vistas beach is only a few minutes walk away though. The evening entertainment looked like something from the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club but there is loads of bars/restaurants around the area to visit!

debi
08-06-2011, 20:08
I have stayed in Parque de la Paz about 10 times now (and am returning again in 10 weeks time):cheer::cheer:

I love it there. Good sized rooms with huge balcony. great pool including toddlers pool. Entertainment good both day and night. I always go self catering as there are hundreds of restaurants close by to chose from and I'm not that fussed on local spirits and would rather have branded drinks (but that's just me being fussy!) although on speaking to most people the food seems to be of good quality and choice. This aparthotel last year started to do all inclusive which I understand is quite good (although not for me) the only draw back we found last year was at times around the pool there was quite a lot of rubbish but I understand this is now a lot better. (it was the first year of them going all inclusive so i suppose a few teething problems is to be expected really)

The rooms have recently been updated and all include the usual things in an apartment together with a toaster and kettle even for all inclusive. You can upgrade to all inclusive on arrival if you wish for around €14 a day. The apartments do have a coin operated TV if you can't bear to miss Corrie or Eastenders etc when on holiday.

The hotel sits just behind Safari Shopping which is great and only 5 mins walk from the beach. from here it's easy to walk either into the centre of Las Americas or take a lovely walk along the front into Los Cristianos.

It's suitable for all ages - we have been going since my daughters were 2 and 9 and they are now 10 and 17 and still love it now as much as they ever did. My mum who is 71 has also been with us in the height of summer but also goes regularly in February.

Everyone is made to feel very welcome and the staff are great - it feels like home now to me and has played a very big part of my children growing up.
:lots-jumping::lots-jumping::lots-jumping:

Lucy Fer
27-06-2011, 20:33
Sorry to go off topic :raspberry2: I havent stayed at the Parque la Paz but it is in a fantastic location so if you get a good deal grab it.:)

Sylla
27-06-2011, 21:04
Sorry to go off topic :raspberry2: I havent stayed at the Parque la Paz but it is in a fantastic location so if you get a good deal grab it.:)

I don't think you went off topic at all Lucy ...infact you just got back on LOL !:knight:

bantam65
28-06-2011, 07:19
Who have I upset and why have my posts been deleted?
Not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some form of explanation would be very nice.

Sylla
28-06-2011, 10:48
Who have I upset and why have my posts been deleted?
Not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some form of explanation would be very nice.

Some of mine too LOL ! I didn't really look at the heading which was about Parque la Paz and just answered about the mossies ... so seems it was off topic .....no big deal ...just get on your horse and gallop into the distance or if you need a shoulder to cry on LOL ! Im' here !:crylaughing:

bantam65
28-08-2011, 22:27
Have just returned from PDLP and all i can say is wow,what a great place.I have never seen such hard working and friendly staff,everywhere you look there seems to a member of staff busy doing something.The rooms are basic and maybe in need of updating,but hey who spends more time in the room than is necessary.There was something of an upset on one day about Van the entertainer and a family who seemed to think that he wasnt up to the job but i had absolutely no complaints about what he was doing,but you cant please everyone,it turned out that the family concerned had been threatened with eviction from the hotel.We took the option of upgrading to all inc when we got there at 25 euro per person with our son free and they also didnt charge us for the last day even though we didnt leave till 5pm.Even though wed upgrade we still went out and the surrounding areas are absolutely fantastic,a special mention and recommendation for The Soul Suite,what a fantastic little bar with great entertainment.Overall i would reco mmend the hotel to anyone.If anyone has any questions,dont hesitate to ask and i will answer if i can.Oh and Debi,inever did get that beer.

bash100
09-10-2011, 20:07
i know i have seen answer to this question somewhere ? can someone tell me the best rooms to have in january in parque da paz and does anyone know e.mail address so i might try and get a good room thanks

Sal
09-10-2011, 20:11
They have changed to Parque La Paz and their website is http://www.parquelapaz.com/

Can't advise on rooms as we had one right above the entrance where coaches came in at all hours! :(

bash100
09-10-2011, 20:34
thanks sal :thanx: how did you find this place in genral ?

Sal
09-10-2011, 21:03
Don't want to say too much, but it was a few years ago we stayed there, but wouldn't go back. However it has now changed to an "aparthotel" and when we went it was a package deal destination.

It may have changed a lot, so I don't want to write any comments to put people off!

kat26
18-03-2012, 22:25
Can anyone tell me if the rooms have air conditioning

debi
19-03-2012, 22:13
Can anyone tell me if the rooms have air conditioning

Hi Kat26

No the Parque de la Paz does not have air conditioning but fans are easily hired from reception.