PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone remember the El Bote tapas bar in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

malagabob
22-10-2011, 17:07
Anyone remember the El Bote tapas bar in Los Cristianos. Sadly gone now 5 years maybe more.An elderly gent used to serve when my wife and I started eating there many moons ago, then his daughter took over.
I assume he had died, she served there till it closed.

Chicken Shirl
05-11-2011, 22:10
Yes I do......We used to love the food there + it was always busy and very lively. So sad when it closed.....They were a lovely hard working family.

janbee
14-11-2011, 09:34
I remember it well. We used to go there a couple of times a week when we were in Tenerife. I used to think that their tapas were to die for. When it closed I hoped that they would open somewhere else but sadly, if they did, we never found it

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 10:24
Where abouts was it ? see if I remember

CMEdinburgh
14-11-2011, 12:52
A real loss - we always went there. The best tapas there was, nothing has ever come close.

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 12:53
A real loss - we always went there. The best tapas there was, nothing has ever come close.

where was it please

CMEdinburgh
14-11-2011, 12:59
Just off the seafront square in LosCris. As you face the shops it was on the road cutting up to the left at the back of the square, maybe 100 yards on the left heading up towards the road

It is a fishing tackle shop or something now

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 13:06
Ok thanks - still not too sure - behind fontana courtyard the street that leads up towards San Telmo ?

malagabob
14-11-2011, 19:38
You have the right street/lane CME but it was not on the tackle shop site, it was just as you entered the street/lane from Los Cristianos Sq on the left, first property. It was so small there was no inside seating,all tables chairs were in the street. It had a bow of a rowing boat on the back of the door.

Added after 19 minutes:

Malteser Monkey. It was in the next lane over from the entrance to El Cine.