PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Luabay, Costa Adeje. Tenerife

i love the beach
22-10-2011, 19:36
Have just booked a week in December in this hotel, has anyone been yet ? Any info on food, drinks, snacks & entertainment ? Also what are the rooms like ?:cheeky:

Thanks

Nic
22-10-2011, 20:08
This is the newly refurbished Esmeralda hotel. As far as I know the rooms are quite nice now that it has just been taken over by the Luabay group and as they've just been refurbished you should get a nice fresh clean room. Can't help you on food etc but it's a good location and there are plenty of good places to eat, drink and watch entertainment on your doorstep.

i love the beach
22-10-2011, 21:14
Thanks Nic, we have stayed there many moons ago when it was Esmeralda, just keen to know what its like since refit.

marbro8
22-10-2011, 23:24
Thanks Nic, we have stayed there many moons ago when it was Esmeralda, just keen to know what its like since refit.try tony's bar just up the road, THE PUB, a good old fashioned British bar and a warm welcome:wink:

i love the beach
23-10-2011, 13:50
Thanks Marbro8 we certainly will visit Tony's Bar, I had been following your posts on holiday to Compostella Beach, we have stayed there a couple of times, first time great apartment but second time a dump ! We loved the location though.Surfers and Rovers Return are our favourite haunts been going there for years. We were last over in June and had a few nights in Rovers, good to see Kade doing well. Is Jay the young compare still there ?

marbro8
23-10-2011, 15:36
Thanks Marbro8 we certainly will visit Tony's Bar, I had been following your posts on holiday to Compostella Beach, we have stayed there a couple of times, first time great apartment but second time a dump ! We loved the location though.Surfers and Rovers Return are our favourite haunts been going there for years. We were last over in June and had a few nights in Rovers, good to see Kade doing well. Is Jay the young compare still there ?hi, no the compare is a guy called alan from glasgow, didn't see anyone called jay? but martin and his partner were still there, it was so funny watching them trying it on with my (straight) nephews and then having a jealous tiff about it afterwards:crylaughing:

i love the beach
23-10-2011, 20:38
lol we also get mixed up with they two ! How is the new compare ? Young Jay also had the place packed. Kades friend Jimmy was working there too, is he still there, he was from Glasgow too ?

Have you booked a week in December yet ?

marbro8
23-10-2011, 21:01
lol we also get mixed up with they two ! How is the new compare ? Young Jay also had the place packed. Kades friend Jimmy was working there too, is he still there, he was from Glasgow too ?

Have you booked a week in December yet ?alan's a good lad, although he did set me up on the karaoke, i wanted to sing cold as ice but in a lower key, and he set it higher and i couldn't reach the notes lol, i didn't see a jimmy there, even baz has left to go and work at the soul suite, kade want's the place to not only be known for good food but good acts as well, and he is putting on singers like a rod stewart and an irish singer called michael graham, a good singer but not my cup of tea, we haven't booked for december yet because my wife is digging her heels in lol, and she only gets 20 days a year but i get 30:laugh: so she said as we go twice a year for 10 days she would have to have it unpaid, and even if we got a good deal for £400 it would still be costing us £700 because of the wages she would be losing:(

i love the beach
23-10-2011, 21:08
Yeah he had a couple of acts on when we where there. Im sure Michael Graham has a really good reputation on the island, so Kade has done well to get him.

A wee week in Tenerife would be a great Xmas present for the missus lol

OMEND1
25-10-2011, 22:47
[QUOTE=i love the beach;109387]Have just booked a week in December in this hotel, has anyone been yet ? Any info on food, drinks, snacks & entertainment ? Also what are the rooms like ?:cheeky:

Not been in the rooms but the public areas are nicer than before and they have a nice (if a little small) infinity pool. I was speaking to someone who works there and they told me that the new management are paying much more attention to detail. Sounds positive.

i love the beach
25-10-2011, 23:12
Thanks OMENDI, thats good to hear as this hotel is getting slated on trip advisor, people are saying the refub is only half done & like a building site. So if you have any more information we would be really grateful.

OMEND1
26-10-2011, 19:04
Hi there,
It is true that the refurb is not finished. I have been in and I think it is a bit much to say it is like a building site. I was only in to speak to someone for a moment but the people on holiday certainly looked happy enough. Maybe it was worse before or maybe it is noisy in the rooms if they are still working on some but what I have seen of the reception/pool area would not bother me (as long as I did not pay a fortune for it). From what I saw it was clean and had normal noise levels. As i say though, I can only comment on what I have seen.

Suej
26-10-2011, 20:56
My neighbour (A Resident manager of a large Tour operator) has gone this evening to an introduction reception to the new Hotel, I will let you know for sure but I understand it is now fully refurbished and very very nice!:D!

i love the beach
26-10-2011, 21:23
Thanks to OMEND1 & Suej, you have both put my mind at rest, I can now start to look forward to ths holiday !

THANKS X