PDA

View Full Version : CD Tenerife sack manager Amaral

Fred Perry
07-06-2011, 20:56
It was on the cards really and the confirmation was made this afternoon by the Club.
Amaral has been sacked by CD Tenerife. He has been betrayed as the idea of bringing him into the club was to first try and keep Tenerife up but also plan for next season to bring the youth into the fold.

It was obvious in the last few weeks that the comments made by Amaral in press conferences were made to get the backs of the directors up. The new director of football, Pedro Cordero, has changed the policy of the club and seems intent on bringing in players and management from the mainland.

If the local youth do not get a chance now they never will. Even our "crown jewels" Josmar Zambrano has been told to find himself another club. Apparently his contract cannot be paid in the 2nd B. The Club last week told reporters that players cannot be paid more than 80,000€ to perhaps 110,000€. Zambarno signed a new contract last season for alledgedly 200,000€ per season.
Now surely the club could negotiate with Josmar to slightly reduce his wages and then try to generate the extra 90,000€.

Just to make that worse, remember ex-manager Amaral has a contract for the whole of next season which will have to be paid.

Chayofa Tete
08-06-2011, 07:47
Oh dear what the hell is going on we cannot pay all these overheads,something has got to give as financially it does not make sense,sorry to say that after four appointments that ended in failure the directors must shoulder a lot of the blame.I really do now wonder how we can come out of all this absolute mess.I have to say that I agree with Fred Perry that if we are not at least giving some of the young guys a chance after the great season they have had when exactly are we going to?

Bluefox
08-06-2011, 08:21
We're DOOMED!

gazza
08-06-2011, 09:30
not feeling very optimistic :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surre nder:

Fred Perry
08-06-2011, 09:37
I am not sure we have to pay 5 managers next season?¿Amaral yes for sure. Perhaps Bonitatime can clear that up.

I can understand everyone´s concerns. A new "Platform" has been set up to take over the club and although in it´s early stages looks to be a serious project.
More details soon.

Regards Josmar Zambrano; This makes me so annoyed. Football may not be quite this simple but there could be so many ways to raise that extra 90.000€ that would be needed to keep the "pearl of the youth".
I am sure that it would be a good investment for someone to sponsor Zambrano for that money. In a couple of years the lad could be sold for 3/4 million€ if he progresses. If a businessman stumped up the 90.000€ then when Josmar is sold he recieves his money back plus a cut of the transfer deal. This kid is going places, why should we lose a potential Pedro?

Troubled times indeed. I can see it getting worse before it gets any better but the muddy waters will clear. The support is keeping this club alive and soon the supporters will take over in some form or another.

redarrow
08-06-2011, 12:12
Funnily enough, we're paying about 90,000 euros a year for those effing car park spaces.

If this Cordero guy turns things around, we won't complain too much I suppose, with the exception of being deprived of watching a great new talent in his fledgling years.

I see a big can of worms waiting for itself to wriggle open though.

bonitatime
13-06-2011, 21:33
I dont know what goes on at the club but by the start of the season we will be paying 5 managers wages ( can anyone add that up for me on a monthly basis) ? No clubs finances can withstand that. Sorry everyone but I do fear for CDT now.

The wages for the managers finish this month. The only one left is Amaral and the club is trying to get him to forgive even that. His second coach seems to have been offered the B team managers job.
As for the parking spaces I just think we need to get used to it. I can obnly presume it was part of the deal when the owner put money into the promotion company all those years ago.
I am not sure about the platform. They have some reasonable ideas but there seemd to be no money and no backers which leaves the whole thing a little in the air.
Althoughh I can't say I am keen on becoming a second team for Granada or a third one for Udinese I am inclined to wait and see how things pan out before reaching a conclusion.
But if one of the two clubs sign Josmar for nothing that's another matter.

bonitatime
14-06-2011, 13:25
With the exception of Amaral I can't remember the last time we signed a trainer for more than to the end of the season. Often they have had a clause if "x" was achieved they would be renewed but no more.