PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited budget - would you buy an apartment or a house in Tenerife?

CIM
23-10-2011, 12:50
Something I often ponder (and argue with the missus over!) Given an unlimited budget would you go for a villa/house in Tenerife or would you plump for a nice apartment?

Personally I would go for a large penthouse apartment, big terrace, nice views. But my other half would have a villa with a garden (thats what she grew up in so I understand why.)

So if the cost wasn't a factor in the decision, what would be your preference?

nurse ratchet
23-10-2011, 13:09
If I had an unlimited budget I wouldn't even be living in Tenerife

Vortex Wake
23-10-2011, 13:24
I'd have a place in the hills where you can wake up to bird song in the morning - not a punter singing his way back from a bar at 5am :)

marbro8
23-10-2011, 13:31
i would buy a piece of land with somewhere to birth a boat and have my own villa built with panoramic views out to the sea, and an Olympic sized heated pool:) but sadly this is real life so we are going to long term let when the time comes and maybe sell up here in the uk and downsize to a small apartment here;)

sunspot
23-10-2011, 13:35
It would have to be a Villa,own pool,sea views,would have to have a cleaner,poolman and maintainance man..........me i would be lazing by the pool and lunching out with friends................dream over for now but you never know whats around the corner

CIM
23-10-2011, 13:38
I´d like the whole top floor of somewhere :)
Rooftop swimming pool would do and a private elevator. Then I can have great views without having to be miles away from everywhere.

Davie Thistle
23-10-2011, 13:45
..........unlimited budget eh?

I would build the same as I have here in Glasgow,
3 apt House, back and front garden, garage, hut, and driveway!
except I'd have a wee swimming pool & a jacuzzi!!!

I'm not greedy!
just enuff to live in & be happy!
:spin:

dokgolf
23-10-2011, 13:47
I already have the villa picked out on CIm's website. Have to wait til I win the lottery though!:(

CIM
23-10-2011, 13:48
..........unlimited budget eh?

I would build the same as I have here in Glasgow,
3 apt House, back and front garden, garage, hut, and driveway!
except I'd have a wee swimming pool & a jacuzzi!!!

I'm not greedy!
just enuff to live in & be happy!
:spin:

Would you build the local boozer down the road as well? So you can feel even more at home :)

Davie Thistle
23-10-2011, 13:54
Would you build the local boozer down the road as well? So you can feel even more at home :)

EH??!!!:scared:

YOU HAV'NT SEEN OUR LOCAL BOOZERER KIDDO!
It needs demolished!
haha!
I think I'd just buy a hellichopper to take me back n forth to O'jangles!!!

timmylish
23-10-2011, 14:02
We would have a simple 3 bed apt (penthouse) with elevator. Simple, because I,m unable to get up and down stairs so, anything with panoramic views but easily accessible to shops like Mercadona so that, even in older age, Mrs. T. is able to shop without having to drive too far. Its all the simple things people forget with olde-age facing us all. The support here for the elderly is next to being nil so, as we all degenerate with age, we must take all of this into consideration. I know that this all sounds lacking in excitement but you have face reality. Most of us here have no family following in our footsteps so just as we did in our apt. everything in the home is being done with old age in consideration. Easier kitchen equipment with metal inserts in drawers for ease of use, kitchen appliances at waist or higher level, bathroom fittings similarly placed. So whilst wishing to get the benefit of unlimited amounts of cash at the same time being practical with the future very much in thought!

atlantico
23-10-2011, 14:35
we'd live in the biggest Penthouse in the biggest and best 5☆☆☆☆☆ hotel, with 24 hour service

CIM
23-10-2011, 14:37
we'd live in the biggest Penthouse in the biggest and best 5 Star hotel, with 24 hour service
Definitely on my wavelength - the best suite in the best hotel, I´d happily live there permanently!
No maintenance no "jobs around the house that need doing!" no cooking :)

doreen
23-10-2011, 14:39
Only problem with the penthouse scenario is that it comes with a Community attached ;)

lozzie1821
23-10-2011, 14:56
Ive lived here 19years and every where i have lived as been a beautiful penthouse apt but given the choice i would live in a house hands down, my children are only young but i have every intention of having them brought in a house- a home....
maybe its because i miss our house in the uk... i remember happy times in that house and have no negativity around it... Ive never been able to call where i live my home...
growing up when asked if i lived here i would respond yes i live here but my home in the uk... strange but true even though ive been here since i was 5, goes to show ive probably never truly been settled here...
would that have changed if we would have lived in house/villa here?? x

Seren
23-10-2011, 15:21
A mansion!:D

anegib
23-10-2011, 16:16
Very happy with beautiful Finca half way up a mountain with panoramic views of the sea in front and beautiful mountains behind. Lots of land and lots of animals - heaven!

cainaries
23-10-2011, 18:07
STill puzzled by the question. If we have unlimited funds, could we not have both ... and a house in Eaton Square, London, so convenient for Harvey Nicks! I would take the villa if I had to choose - with no near neighbours.

CIM
23-10-2011, 18:09
Whats your preference if the money is not an issue?
If I could buy as many as I wished then I would not buy more than one property to actually live in here so the choice still need to to be made - even with unlimited funds.

karinagal
23-10-2011, 18:22
A villa with room for the dogs and cats that I'd end up rescuing!!!! Must have a pool but still be near the sea. I don't mind neighbours - they're handy to have - as long as they're not overly noisy...

Only won £5.60 on the lottery so for the time being I'll remain as happy as a pig in **** in my little 1 bed apartment overlooking the pool....! :p

warbey
23-10-2011, 19:02
I agree with Sunspot's Post.
A Villa every time with Parking and Garage for the Main House and the Guest Apartment nearby.
Pools are negotiable as there are young Children in the Family, so, it would need
to be 100 per cent safe.

It would be nice to have an Hotel Suite on tap if We wanted to stay over "in Resort"

Not too sure about sitting by the Pool though for long.
I would get restless and others would put on weight through lack of exercise.
Oh well, dream on!

Tom & Sharon
23-10-2011, 19:14
Something I often ponder (and argue with the missus over!) Given an unlimited budget would you go for a villa/house in Tenerife or would you plump for a nice apartment?

Personally I would go for a large penthouse apartment, big terrace, nice views. But my other half would have a villa with a garden (thats what she grew up in so I understand why.)

So if the cost wasn't a factor in the decision, what would be your preference?

Never got the "penthouse" bit. In reality, all it means is 3 flights of stairs/lift to go up and down for everything.

Why would you want one? They are not family friendly or homely.

Maria is right. Nice villa, gardens, pool, lovely views, pool man, gardener..............and especially for her - 3 housekeepers.

Nic
23-10-2011, 20:20
I would buy a plot of about 1000m2, not too far from the motorway cause i hate having to travel miles to get home and I'd build a bungalow from my own plans, probably four bedrooms, an office, a TV room, lounge, lovely big massive shower with unlimited hot water, damp proofed and a lovely garden with lots of trees and a tree swing and a drive way big enough to park my brand new Mercedes SLK, oh and the other half wants a circular music studio with windows all around to get views of mountains and sea oh and then maybe room for a three bed granny flat for my mum and dad......the list is endless but I'd be quite happy with that ok and maybe a nice house to go back to in Scotland for when the calimas become unbearable here! Dreaming is lovely lol!

bonitatime
27-10-2011, 22:57
I would buy a large apartment on C/ la Marina in Santa Cruz with a view over the front or one of the 2 towers near the concert hall

warbey
28-10-2011, 19:19
Yes I would like an Apartment.

To avoid the Troubles with Complex Matters, Dogs Barking, Noisy Neighbours Parties and
Noise in General, I would purchase the Lot and Evict the nuisances who wont stop.
Doesnt matter which Floor as I would soon have a choice....

They must all be Forum Members too.

YOUNG GOLFER
28-10-2011, 19:48
They must all be Forum Members too.

What? All the ones you evict? :)

warbey
28-10-2011, 20:00
What? All the ones you evict? :)

Less for the Lunchdate Mate.....lol

asked nicely, Slodgey could do the Infractions...?
as perhaps I would own the Forum too.......(pushing it here.)