PDA

View Full Version : Apartments Parque Santiago III, Las Americas, Tenerife

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 20:56
Have you stayed at this hotel or complex.

How was it...Did you enjoy your stay...What were the amenities like..etc?

Write a review to give others an idea of where to stay on their jollies

LindaD
08-06-2011, 11:58
Have stayed at the this complex (and PS4) 3 times now and would thoroughly recommend it. The studios are a good size and cleaned daily - although I think they can do with a refurb. We've always had a toaster, coffee maker and flat screen TV included in the price of our stay. The location is excellent too with good views and the beach is a stone's throw away - my avatar is from the balcony in El Hierro block overlooking the pool area in PS3. There are some restaurants located within the complex and they have an underground shopping area (and laundry). Across the road is the Safari Shopping Centre with its many shops and restaurants and Los Cristianos is only a few minutes walk away. There are 2 large swimming pools (which have recently been refurbed) in PS3 and a kiddies swimming pool. You can also use the swimming pool, etc in PS4 (and vis versa) when staying at this complex. Great place to stay.:)

Maloney
08-06-2011, 16:31
Have stayed at the this complex (and PS4) 3 times now and would thoroughly recommend it. The studios are a good size and cleaned daily - although I think they can do with a refurb. We've always had a toaster, coffee maker and flat screen TV included in the price of our stay. The location is excellent too with good views and the beach is a stone's throw away - my avatar is from the balcony in El Hierro block overlooking the pool area in PS3. There are some restaurants located within the complex and they have an underground shopping area (and laundry). Across the road is the Safari Shopping Centre with its many shops and restaurants and Los Cristianos is only a few minutes walk away. There are 2 large swimming pools (which have recently been refurbed) in PS3 and a kiddies swimming pool. You can also use the swimming pool, etc in PS4 (and vis versa) when staying at this complex. Great place to stay.:)

Thanks for the review Linda, we're heading out to Parque Santiago III three weeks today and can't wait. Have been All Inclusive for the past 2 years and really looking forward to self catering :)

Tinkabel
08-06-2011, 16:50
Thanks for the review Linda, we're heading out to Parque Santiago III three weeks today and can't wait. Have been All Inclusive for the past 2 years and really looking forward to self catering :)

You'll not be dissapointed, the pool area is fantastic and the location is one of the best in Las Americas in my opinion, Hope you have a great holiday.

with cheese
08-06-2011, 17:45
I posted on here with some constructive criticism and it has been removed, mine is not to reason why.
The pool does still make your eyes sting and there is no air con, which for what you pay there should be.

reggie
08-06-2011, 17:53
I posted on here with some constructive criticism and it has been removed, mine is not to reason why.
The pool does still make your eyes sting and there is no air con, which for what you pay there should be.

Same old same old , too busy flooding the forum with start ups, why not just a few at a time, puts you right off,

slodgedad
08-06-2011, 19:19
Same old same old , too busy flooding the forum with start ups, why not just a few at a time, puts you right off,

Would you rather there be none. If you had been following you will have realized that we lost all the review threads the other day.

The only hiccup so far since the revamp. They are having to be physically restarted from memory, and a lot of searching.

marbro8
08-06-2011, 19:24
Would you rather there be none. If you had been following you will have realized that we lost all the review threads the other day.

The only hiccup so far since the revamp. They are having to be physically restarted from memory, and a lot of searching.start the taylors lounge again slodge and i will post a review again and also the manhattan bar:lol:

Tinkabel
08-06-2011, 19:26

Keep up, we've already been informed the other review posts went off into cyber space. Constructive criticism is good, everyone wants/needs different things and the fact you're giving your own opinion can only be a good thing in my opinion.

reggie
08-06-2011, 19:33

The only hiccup so far since the revamp. They are having to be physically restarted from memory, and a lot of searching.
I would rather just a few at a time, then we dont have to trawl through 2 pages, No rush is there, More to it than have you been here there and every where, I know its not easy for you, so take your time,

with cheese
08-06-2011, 20:16
I would rather just a few at a time, then we dont have to trawl through 2 pages, No rush is there, More to it than have you been here there and every where, I know its not easy for you, so take your time,
Stop creeping, start a donkey thread.
In my opinion I think you are doing very well, but no rush a few at a time will do. I am struggling to write all the hotel and pubs I been p**sed in.

LindaD
09-06-2011, 16:42

There is a supermarket across the road from Parque S 3 at Parque Santiago V - its quite expensive but there is a Mercadonna which we used about 10 min walk away - turn left at the Mare Nostrum, walk up passed Parque de La Paz then first right - its near a centro commerical selling eletrical goods, etc. Milk there is around 85c where in other "tourist" supermarkets its around 1euro 60c - quite a difference. We found the fish, meat, etc all excellent and reasonably priced too.

Added after 10 minutes:

TheThe Mercadonna is in the Centro Commercial Mencey and you will find it on the many maps you can get while in Tenerife.

cumbriankop
09-06-2011, 17:01
OP we stay in PSIII twice each year and have been for 5 yrs now. Its probs IMO the best located for shops, beach, nitelife and everything you could possibly want. Shops, bars & restaurants are more expensive onsite but a 5min walk away from the complex, things get cheaper as much as 1/2 price.
Parque de la Paz is lively at nightime. All in all a great place to stay where everything is central. Supermarket as mentioned earlier Mercadona is cheaper or the Hiper Dino supermarket is as good and cheap.
If you require any more info I'll be happy to help

couttsy
14-06-2011, 11:28

Hope you have a great time. We are also heading to Parque Santiago III next week (on the 22nd) for 16 nights. 2 adults, 2 kids (kids aged 9 and 5), have picked up some tips from reading the forum threads, however if anyone can recommend things to do in the evenings with kids that would be great! i.e restaurants & bars with kids play areas or kids entertainment, swing parks etc etc. Thanks

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 12:09
You could walk down to near but not on /in the Veronicas area .AS you go past Colon2 go straight across towards the Veronicas area .First after you cross on the right is Leonardos cant comment on their new act as yet i have not seen them but they do have a WII set up at the back which may entertain the kids whilst you chill have a drink and see if the acts good ,Just after theres a slip road the just to the right you will see VIVOS they have a fantastic duo on every night except fridays.THE WILDBOYZ they have a fantastic song sheet of old to present ,along with fun with customers and staff .sometimes even a bit of fire eating .Now the kids will love the upstairs at VIVOS ,as its all very Pirates of the Caribean ,decor and dummy's ,skulls skeletons and pirates .They have various rides etc alkong with a small pool and beach set up .And for young and old alike you have a great Crazy Golf .Both places take approx 20 mins to walk
If you head up from the Safari centre just before the Zentral hotel theres a skateboard park (no admisson ) On an evening at the Safari centre theres a "Dancing Fountains Light Display" which whilst the wifes spending i am sure you and the kids would like to watch .
If you come out of PSŁ from the pool area you are onto the sea front walkway ,and turn right 10 mins and your at the start of what imo is the best beach in the area Playa Las Vistas so you just have to pick a spot that suits you best .There are 2 small kiosks that sell drinks papers etc and i found these just as cheap if not cheaper than the shops and machine dispensers ,if you or the kids want a drink and dont want to go to a bar they are just on the walkway .
Another cheap day time is a trip to the Monkey park ,great fun as some of the little sods roam free .
I hope this gives you a few ideas

couttsy
14-06-2011, 12:14
You could walk down to near but not on /in the Veronicas area .AS you go past Colon2 go straight across towards the Veronicas area .First after you cross on the right is Leonardos cant comment on their new act as yet i have not seen them but they do have a WII set up at the back which may entertain the kids whilst you chill have a drink and see if the acts good ,Just after theres a slip road the just to the right you will see VIVOS they have a fantastic duo on every night except fridays.THE WILDBOYZ they have a fantastic song sheet of old to present ,along with fun with customers and staff .sometimes even a bit of fire eating .Now the kids will love the upstairs at VIVOS ,as its all very Pirates of the Caribean ,decor and dummy's ,skulls skeletons and pirates .They have various rides etc alkong with a small pool and beach set up .And for young and old alike you have a great Crazy Golf .Both places take approx 20 mins to walk
If you head up from the Safari centre just before the Zentral hotel theres a skateboard park (no admisson ) On an evening at the Safari centre theres a "Dancing Fountains Light Display" which whilst the wifes spending i am sure you and the kids would like to watch .
If you come out of PSŁ from the pool area you are onto the sea front walkway ,and turn right 10 mins and your at the start of what imo is the best beach in the area Playa Las Vistas so you just have to pick a spot that suits you best .There are 2 small kiosks that sell drinks papers etc and i found these just as cheap if not cheaper than the shops and machine dispensers ,if you or the kids want a drink and dont want to go to a bar they are just on the walkway .
Another cheap day time is a trip to the Monkey park ,great fun as some of the little sods roam free .
I hope this gives you a few ideas

Thanks onelegnofeet! Someone else had recommended te Monkey Park, I gather its in Los Crist, is it within walking distance or would it be a taxi job?

onelegnofeet
14-06-2011, 12:21
To be honest i have only ever been taken by car and never did get my bearings so sorry hopefully others will give you directions and info .Again the JUNGLE PARK is good too ,again i went by car ...........i'm lucky my daughter and her partner live there so when i'm being driven i dont look where i am going !!!
Having said that Los Cris from your hotel to the port along the sea front walkway is about 25 mins walk but not sure with your smallest .

emskie
14-06-2011, 13:00
Monkey park is a taxi ride, about 8-10 Euros

couttsy
14-06-2011, 13:16
Thanks for help folks. Looks like Monkey Park, Aqualand and maybe Jungle Park for me over the 2 weeks! :)

Maloney
16-06-2011, 11:18
Hope you have a great time. We are also heading to Parque Santiago III next week (on the 22nd) for 16 nights. 2 adults, 2 kids (kids aged 9 and 5), have picked up some tips from reading the forum threads, however if anyone can recommend things to do in the evenings with kids that would be great! i.e restaurants & bars with kids play areas or kids entertainment, swing parks etc etc. Thanks

Hi Couttsy, we arrive on the 29th June for 2 weeks, 8 of us 4 adults and 4 kids aged 16, 15, 14 & 9, hope you have a great time

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 11:51
Hi Couttsy, we arrive on the 29th June for 2 weeks, 8 of us 4 adults and 4 kids aged 16, 15, 14 & 9, hope you have a great time

Thanks for the warning !!!:lol::lol::eyebrows:............hope you have a fantastic time

Maloney
16-06-2011, 12:07
Thanks for the warning !!!:lol::lol::eyebrows:............hope you have a fantastic time

Thought it was only fair......:crazy: