PDA

View Full Version : Other NEWS : 'Help me rescue abandoned Tenerife dogs', says High Wycombe woman

admin
24-10-2011, 08:48
HORROR stories of abandoned dogs in popular holiday destination Tenerife have been revealed by a teenager who used to live on the island.

Among the most disturbing tales spoken of by Emma Rhodes, 19, from High Wycombe, are owners throwing their pets out of car windows onto the motorway.

Miss Rhodes, of West Wycombe Road, is trying to shed light on the plight of pets, who have been cast aside due to ever increasing financial pressures, in her former home land.

Some of the creatures have been given up by owners returning to the UK who can not afford the pet flight fees.

About 400 canines, of all kinds, are being looked after in a single refuge run by Italian rescuer Eugenio de Mommio.

Read More... (http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/9321153._Dogs_are_thrown_onto_the_motorway___it_s_ horrible_/)

dede
24-10-2011, 10:06
I think everyone is aware of the problems here in tenerife with abandoned dogs or certainly on this forum, I dont think the problem is people adopting dogs in the uk i think there may be many who want to, but like i said in a thread last week the problem is the cost of flying them back to the uk. Emma dosnt say how she intends to raise the money for this to happen and all the money raised here is desperatly needed to keep the dogs fed and safe, so i cant see how she is going to raise the money to fly dogs back to the uk from here at the cost of 570 pounds a dog. I think a campaign to the airlines could benefit her plight but i really dont think anymore money can be raised here for her good intentions, but the best of luck to Emma. x