PDA

View Full Version : SS de Los Reyes v CD Tenerife - Sunday, 30th October

Fred Perry
24-10-2011, 13:25
SUNDAY 30TH OCTOBER 2011

KICK OFF 11AM

UD SAN SEBASTIAN de LOS REYES vs CD TENERIFE

LIVE ON TV CANARIA & in The Royal Oak (hangover of Andy permitting)

Important to grab atleast a point from our visit to Madrid next week.

bonitatime
26-10-2011, 16:30
We need to win this one. Perhaps SanSe will really strike and we can have the three points without playing

FinnKris
30-10-2011, 12:09
Live stream can be found here (works for me at least): http://www.rtvc.es/television/enDirecto.aspx?canal=tv

Pitch looks dreadful & camera work leaves something left to desire but always great to see CDT in action. Kiko Raton had a great chance early on that he blasted over the bar from close range. Tenerife starting brightly in this game, lets' hope we can keep it up & score some goals & a win.

Added after 40 minutes:

0-0 at Half time. Very very reminiscent of the last (televised) away game. Tenerife starting very brightly, having almost all of play first 20-25 mins creating a couple of good chances but not scoring. Then the home team got back in the game managing a couple of half chances & play quite even for the rest of half.

Chechu on the right side of midfield quite good, Kiko Raton a presence upfront, but Perona(?) with him almost invisible and Ferran Tacon on left not very impressive, a mystery to me why Victor Bravo isn’t playing there instead. We need a good start to the second half to get back the initiative, otherwise this will end up 0-0 or even worse, SS Reyes might steal it with a late goal.

Hammer time
30-10-2011, 13:19
Thanks for the link working well for me .

bonitatime
30-10-2011, 13:32
The start of the second half wasn't good and the first change came late but right now I would take a draw.

canary boy
30-10-2011, 13:38
Thanks alot great stream, cant believe how poor that pitch is or is this part and parcel of what to expect this year

West mids tyke
30-10-2011, 13:44
i have seen better sunday league pitchs and stadiums than this one, cant play a very good passing game because of the standard of pitch, los reyes seem to close us down quick and some of the crosses been coming in tooo close to the opposing keeper with nobody at the end of it, a point is worthwhile now but 3 would have been better, roll on celta vigo on the 20 november cant wait

FinnKris
30-10-2011, 13:51
0-0 Full time score.

Although a draw away from home is never a complete disaster the result is rather disappointing as we need to win these types of away games against low to mid table teams to stay in the hunt for top spot/ even play off spots. Otherwise a lot of pressure to basically win almost every home game to keep up the pace.

Added after 5 minutes:

We started the second half quite brightly again I thought, Ferran Tacon very lively on the left first 10 mins (maybe he heard me complaining :wink2:), best chance fell to Zazo but he couldn’t get the shot on target from a good position just inside the box.

After this no real clear cut chances for us that I can recall, Victor Bravo came on for Perona but aside from some nice trickery early on he didn’t have much of an impact, Nico on for Kiko Raton which didn’t make much sense to me as he doesn’t look like an out-and-out striker. We were very light upfront after this, a lot of neat smallish players with nice touches but no real punch.

SS Reyes could have/should have stole it in the 83rd minute, Sergio with a great save from the rebound, other than that SS Reyes really toothless & this was a game there for the taking as home team seemed happy with the draw all day long.

YOUNG GOLFER
30-10-2011, 14:04
Well that was a load of rubbish......bad pitch or not.Dont think i have ever seen such a boring match EVER.

I don't think a club as BIG as Tenerife can be happy with just a point teams like they played today should be easy.

You can tell which team were happy with the draw the home team.

Sorry guys but that was two hours of pure rubbish.:(

Marks out of 10 i would give a 3

FinnKris
30-10-2011, 14:21
Yeah agreed Young Golfer, if you look at it objectively it was a really really poor game. The pitch was just atrocious, a home team clearly just happy to play for the draw & CDT never really finding any consistent flow to the game. The changes the coach made were a bit dodgy as well, we didn't have on a decent striker in the end when we were searching for a goal & I couldn't tell who played where as Chechu-Nico-Bravo-Tacon were all over the place almost running into each other.

Having watched Chelski-Arsenal (3-5) yesterday, which was a bloody brilliantly fantastic game with 2 teams going for it the full 90 mins, this was pretty much at the other end of the spectrum (granted a huge gulf in class but still). But that said as I only get to see CDT so rarely, any chance to see us play is a great pleasure & privilege. Bring on the next game & hopefully it is live on TV!

Fred Perry
30-10-2011, 22:14
I will stick to my theory of winning most home games and picking up scrappy points away from home.
No team could have played football on that cabbage patch of a pitch. The local team did it on purpose as they knew it would suit them to stop us playing a passing game.

SS de Los Reyes had won their last three home games out of four by 3 goal margins so this was´nt going to be a stroll in the park (a bumpy one at that:doh:).

I do agree with some comments though that if we want to finish top come May we need to win these sort of games.
On the plus side Tenerife have now only conceeded only one goal in almost 400 minutes of football and we have the best defence (along with two other sides) in the league.

Oh yeah, the camera work was incredibly bad. I thought it was one of my dads home videos at one stage.
Paaathetic!

Added after 21 minutes:

Good support again today from the Tenerife fans who outsung for long periods the home fans (even I am told with massive hangovers from the previous night´s partying in Madrid). Two years ago we were playing in the Bernabeu, now this!

http://i41.tinypic.com/adpb43.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/dvhh5y.jpg

Chayofa Tete
31-10-2011, 08:57
Given the state of the pitch a point is not too bad although with not winning away from home we are piling on the pressure for us to win the home games,we really need to start picking up three points away now and again if we are really serious about winning this league.

bonitatime
31-10-2011, 18:25
This is 2B there will be lots of games like this one in fields which are lousy. We have been lucky so far with either big teams like Albacete or 2nd teams like Castilla or Getafe. In our group there are several B teams which means we will mostly play on good grounds but we are very much the team in our group that needs to be beaten.
Sanse have three photos in their club house of their Historic games one of which is the cup game in which they beat us in the first leg and we then managed to beat them at home