PDA

View Full Version : Internet Mobile Connection

FinnKris
24-10-2011, 13:43
Hello,

I will be coming over for two weeks in late November and would need a reasonably fast & stable mobile internet connection for my laptop for work purposes. I will be staying at the Hotel VIME Callao Garden in Callao Salvaje, they have wireless in the reception area but I would need to be connected for a few hours/full day at a time & ideally in the room with a bit more privacy to work than a busy reception.

What options are there available in Tenerife for this does anyone know? Looking around I guess a pre paid thingy is the way to go, which operator has the best coverage in that area, what are the cost roughly etc? Any information would be much appreciated.

Cheers

delderek
24-10-2011, 14:31
Vodafone seem to have reasonable coverage in callao. Price was 19euros for 1Gb lasting 30 days. *plus the price of the dongle*.

Canaries wireless also now offer a service, which covers a lot of Callao, they offer weekly or monthly access. If you get a signal, just log on and sign up, don't think it's that fast though.

FinnKris
25-10-2011, 15:45
Thanks 'delderek' for the information. Although that Canaries wireless service looks very interesting I think I will go with the Vodafone alternative, seems like the safest bet in this instance.