PDA

View Full Version : Other Do you prefer summer months or winter months in Tenerife?

CIM
24-10-2011, 16:57
So the weather has turned and summer in Tenerife is finally over.
Personally I prefer the cooler months when there is a breeze and the occassional spot of rain.
I find August a little too hot, especially if you are working and our electricity bill goes through the roof with the air con on all the time.
This year the heat lasted all the way through to mid October :sunburn:

Are you glad to see the back of the Tenerife summer too?

sunspot
24-10-2011, 17:35
If your working then October onwards is better,although having the blazing sun on a day off is fabulous,so yes i can handle this weather much better now its cooling down a little but i dont like the rain so cooler and dry..............perfect

YOUNG GOLFER
24-10-2011, 18:03
So the weather has turned and summer in Tenerife is finally over.
Personally I prefer the cooler months when there is a breeze and the occassional spot of rain.
I find August a little too hot, especially if you are working and our electricity bill goes through the roof with the air con on all the time.
This year the heat lasted all the way through to mid October :sunburn:

Are you glad to see the back of the Tenerife summer too?

You could always do the summer in the UK mate:rain::shiver:cold:

anegib
24-10-2011, 18:05
I do prefer the cooler months but not the rain as the weeds in the Finca spring up everywhere overnight. It is very hard work trying to get rid of them.

chips
24-10-2011, 19:17
Though i like Tenerefe any time if i had to pick it would probably be October - November time Ann my wife prefers the weather cooler .we visit in July when the family comes with us, its hot then ,later is better i think. Chips

Jimandsi
24-10-2011, 21:39
I prefer to visit Tenerife in the cooler months - not quite so many cockroaches about.

dede
24-10-2011, 21:51
Defo like it in the cooler months, and an extra plus is i dont get many visitors...lol

CaribeCelt
24-10-2011, 23:26
Like most people I like Tenerife anytime of the year but I mostly visit every February now.

Suej
25-10-2011, 13:04
Winter for me!!!:D...not so keen on the heavy rains but Oh those sunsets and cooler days are brill!

CIM
25-10-2011, 13:31
I prefer to visit Tenerife in the cooler months - not quite so many cockroaches about.
Perhaps you should shell out for nicer accommodation if cockroaches are a problem.

Davie Thistle
25-10-2011, 13:42

to us foreigners the summer is winter and the winter is summer!
nae diff to us!!!!

any time of the year suits us!!!:wink2:

duquessa
25-10-2011, 23:10
prefer April and September/October like the sun.

timmylish
25-10-2011, 23:58
The months of May and September are without doubt my favourite. Warm but not blistering. Occasional showers and a bit more fresh air. Any temperature (day time) under 25oC is not acceptable and the Govt should be brought to task in that event of there being lower temperatures!

slodgedad
26-10-2011, 00:12
The months of May and September are without doubt my favourite. Warm but not blistering. Occasional showers and a bit more fresh air. Any temperature (day time) under 25oC is not acceptable and the Govt should be brought to task in that event of there being lower temperatures!

I agree. Before we moved here in 1994 we always came beginning of May or end of September...Perfect.

We came once at the beginning of July and hated it.

Sundowner
26-10-2011, 00:18
Only ever been in the winter.........so far............love the fact that it freezing in the U.K. when we visit :)

princessmonika
26-10-2011, 09:23
not in july and august , but the rest of the year great,this september and most of october was very hot, cooling down now-- great--

duquessa
26-10-2011, 10:30
freezing when you get back tho

Davie Thistle
26-10-2011, 13:20
Only ever been in the winter.........so far............love the fact that it freezing in the U.K. when we visit :)

& you can swim in the sea in Dec/January!

:beach:

Chayofa Tete
26-10-2011, 15:11
For me there are pluses and minuses for anytime of the year,yes very warm August etc but then again you have the long long days which are lovely but a bit warm for sleeping etc but the winter is obviously shorter days but very pleasant in the nights for sleeping all in all mainly the good outdoes the bad so anytime of year for me is what |I am saying.

warbey
26-10-2011, 20:07
I wish it were Months and not weeks.
We find January/February enjoyable compared to the U,K.but anytime really
A Month would be great too

Goforgold
26-10-2011, 20:30
We prefer the winter months, but did love the heat of early October this year. However without aircon in the apartment we would definitely not survived. :)

duquessa
27-10-2011, 01:53
we survive without aircon.

Goforgold
27-10-2011, 08:19
we survive without aircon.

You may have survived in this apartment, but you certainly wouldn't have had any sleep, it was stifling!! :)

Presumably why the owner deemed it necessary to instal it! ;)

OST
27-10-2011, 09:35
Much prefer the winter months, you can get away with wearing boots and still manage to wear flip flops if you want and you won´t look out of place, also you can snuggle up more and make more hearty meals, but during the day its still such a lovely warm temperature that you can still sunbathe and enjoy an ice cold beer. basically when the winter months come tenerife is pretty much perfect!

Suej
27-10-2011, 11:24
& you can swim in the sea in Dec/January!

:beach:

Brghhhh! you´re brave!eek2:

duquessa
27-10-2011, 13:37
You may have survived in this apartment, but you certainly wouldn't have had any sleep, it was stifling!! :)

Presumably why the owner deemed it necessary to instal it! ;)

what even with a fan on and the windows open?

Margaretta
27-10-2011, 20:53
July August and this year September, are too hot for us. We have experienced them but not being keen sunbathers, it is too hot to walk far and explore. There is a buzz in the summer and a vibrancy of holiday fun which we would enjoy if it were about 20 degrees instead of nearer 40!!! So we travel to and fro between September and the end of June.
The 'winter' months are wonderful and I love the amazing thunderstorms over the mountains; the sky and sea have special colours and purple sunsets.
At the moment we are in Southern Spain. It is rainy and cold in the evenings.
Everything is big and spaced out and there is so much graffiti. Nice flowers but lacking in charm. I can't wait to get back to the vibrancy and cosy colourfulness of Tenerife and the warm winter days and evenings.

karinagal
27-10-2011, 21:04

Not much use if there's no breeze! Plus open windows without fly screens is asking to be eaten alive by mozzies.....!

Goforgold
28-10-2011, 08:21

Even with the fan on!! The apartment had patio doors everywhere and I certainly wouldn't sleep with patio doors open in apartments with balconies - asking for trouble!! :) Plus the mozzies of course, that Karingal has already mentioned.