PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones What's the best iPhone PAYG deal in Tenerife?

babybadger
24-10-2011, 23:01
I have an unlocked iPhone, is there a good PAYG deal going or is it going to be an expensive contract?

Davie Thistle
24-10-2011, 23:29
..........I've got Vodafone PAYG,
just got myself a sim and away I went!
I'm happy with it.
I top up £5 a week and get free calls txts & internet access all weekend.
I'm sure there are other deal you could get?

Jackie
25-10-2011, 07:12
Orange Delphin350. As long as you top up 3.50 euros per week you get unlimited internet access and 50 free texts each week. Call are 9 cents per minute which is not that cheap but with the free texts and all the other apps you can get on i phones there really is no need to make a phone call

garlicbread
25-10-2011, 10:15
..........I've got Vodafone PAYG,
just got myself a sim and away I went!
I'm happy with it.
I top up £5 a week and get free calls txts & internet access all weekend.
I'm sure there are other deal you could get?

The OP is in Tenerife Davie !!

Davie Thistle
25-10-2011, 12:18
...........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!
:o

:lol:

babybadger
03-11-2011, 12:56
Guys where is the best place to get these sims? I live up in the north, but am happy to travel down south to pick one up , not sure on vodafone (whats the sim deal called?) or orange, which is the best coverage?

Movistar is a no-no (too expensive)

found this though......

http://www.gsmspain.com/tarifas/

Megaloo
03-11-2011, 18:49
Have you enquired with hits mobikle. I changed to them, I have not got an Iphone, but when my Son was over he bought one of their Simcards and found they were good.

I am not up with all the technology of an Iphone though so may be wrong.

balababe
03-11-2011, 23:55
Buy a HITS sim from Witzend. I have one and it works fine and can be topped up online.

babybadger
04-11-2011, 17:25
Buy a HITS sim from Witzend. I have one and it works fine and can be topped up online.

But does it do iPhone data stuff?

Megaloo
04-11-2011, 18:18

I am pretty sure it does do data stuff because my Son checked that when he was here and thought they were good value. YOu said you were in the North there are a few places you can go to buy. In town just down form the Mazaroco bar opposite the WOK near where the bus station used to be, also another almost opposite Stratfords the book shop, and another in Las Arenas near Kubo hope this helps. they all have a big sign outside saying HITS in green

babybadger
05-11-2011, 11:14
Orange Delphin350. As long as you top up 3.50 euros per week you get unlimited internet access and 50 free texts each week. Call are 9 cents per minute which is not that cheap but with the free texts and all the other apps you can get on i phones there really is no need to make a phone call

Well after much deliberation (it was close between Vodafone and Orange) , I went with this deal as it is superb and runs skype (voice) superbly. It's also good for all Smartphones (Android, blackberry and nokias) You can drop €35 on the phone and it will run for 10 weeks, you don't have to top up every week, there just needs to be enough credit on the phone at the anniversary. If I become totally permanent in Tenerife, I will go contract, but for now this is the best deal I have seen for PAYG Iphone. You get 50 free texts a week, 24/hr internet access (first 50mb @ 3.6mb/s - standard 3G rate then slows down but I am on wifi most of the time) calls are expensive @9cents/min, but all operators charge 15cents to connect a call (rip off if no answer!) , Also you can top up at Caja Canarias, supermarkets etc....

Many thanks for all your input.

Can we make this a sticky? And change title to PAYG Iphones and Smartphones including Blackberry's?

Gfplux
29-11-2011, 21:07
Comming over for a month in Feb 2012.
I have an iPhone4 unlocked
When I search for orange delphin350 on Google I get only results for Orange DOLPHIN !!! In the UK.
where did you buy the sim and do the deal?

tracy hampshire
29-11-2011, 21:56
if you want to make international calls while you are here get a lebara payg sim, really cheap, cost about 8 euros and you get 5 euros credit, fantastic for calling home, just pop it in your phone whenever you call abroad.

Jackie
29-11-2011, 23:04
Comming over for a month in Feb 2012.
I have an iPhone4 unlocked
When I search for orange delphin350 on Google I get only results for Orange DOLPHIN !!! In the UK.
where did you buy the sim and do the deal?

You can buy the Orange Delphin350 Internet sim in and of the Orange outlets. One in Los Cristianos near Ofipapel or another one in El Camison underneath the Marola Apartments

timmylish
29-11-2011, 23:30
You can buy the Orange Delphin350 Internet sim in and of the Orange outlets. One in Los Cristianos near Ofipapel or another one in El Camison underneath the Marola Apartments

Jackie. Although I don,t own a smartphone (Yet) your quote seems very reasonable for the likes of me, particularly the unlimited internet access. Does the internet work OK? If I tried MYTV do you think that it would work? Thank you!

Gfplux
01-12-2011, 12:34
I have been in touch with Premier Satellites, their address is Edf Los Seres Local 7, Calle Oregon, Los Cristianos. email info@premier-satellites.com
For an unlocked iphone4 they have mini sim at €15 cost with €15 credit on.
Prices are -
National call cost: 10 cent per minute
Connection fee: 15 cent
SMS: 10 cent
Data: 5 cent per MB

We are making progress as only 6 months ago when I was looking for micro sims they were difficult to get hold of.

nath
01-12-2011, 16:08
How is coverage from Orange here in the South anyone know? I am on Movistar at the moment which has great coverage but I also pay 20-some euro's a month (contract but brought my own phone (Galaxy) so I can cancel every month. But want to find out about coverage first. I don't know anyone on Orange network as far as I am aware.

Bob C
17-06-2012, 00:10
I use HITS Mobile card and if you want 3G- ( for data/internet) I logged onto the site and ticked the relevant box, alternately call them,., and they activate it.
For phone calls I use my Vonage (google vonage) box- equivalent to £8.99 month 26+ countries, unlimited hours and time. usually use phone to Europe and Canada 1-2 hrs a day,Negatives are, have to connect to a broadband router, and as I chose a London no. that no is the same wherever in the world I plug in.