PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Help!! Moving out to Tenerife..

woowoo
25-10-2011, 15:08
Hi
So I'm coming out to tenerife tomorrow to look for somewhere to live for the next year.
I am only looking to rent somewhere small for my first year out there.
I'm only young and this is quite a big move in my life so far so I dont really have much of a clue on were to start while I'm out there.
Anyone know any useful websites or places I look into when I'm there?

Thanksss, Gina.

A.P.&.S.S
25-10-2011, 16:44
Hi
So I'm coming out to tenerife tomorrow to look for somewhere to live for the next year.
I am only looking to rent somewhere small for my first year out there.
I'm only young and this is quite a big move in my life so far so I dont really have much of a clue on were to start while I'm out there.
Anyone know any useful websites or places I look into when I'm there?

Thanksss, Gina.
Hi Gina.....1st, well done with taking the plunge!! Its a great life out here but dont be fooled into thinking its an easy life!! I'm sure you have done all your reaserch into the area, work etc etc etc. Work is VERY had to find here unless you are a cheif or a hairdresser so I'd advise if you need to work then that could be your biggest stumbling block, as its not like the uk..NO dole unless you have paid into the system here for x amount of years. I'd say if you are young then maybe an area like LA or LC would be for you but they are more expencive for rents etc. Will you drive? if not then another small problem lies, as the main supermarkets (local Spanish I mean) are a bit out of town mainly. Hope this helps, having moved here myself 7 months ago I know what its all like, one piece of good idvice: Don't stay in Holiday mode to long, 2 weeks max then if needed then its time to get your head down. I had ALL my paperwork, internet etc all done in my 1st 5 days here, so it can be done if needed.

Hope it all works out for you and should you need anything - just ask!

Mike