PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bus from Tenerife south airport to Santa Cruz on Christmas eve?

mrkano
26-10-2011, 00:39
Can someone please advise on getting a bus on Christmas even from the airport in the south to Santa Cruz De Tenerife in the north...??

Is or will this be possible???

If no bus are there any other routes?????

timmylish
26-10-2011, 00:48
It VERY much depends on your time of arrival. Pre-lunch time then OK,ish but after it,ll have to be a taxi. However look on the Bus time-tables on line for TITSA Tenerife
this will help;-
http://www.just-tenerife.com/titsa.htm

mrkano
26-10-2011, 09:32
I'll be arriving about 12.30pm.... So afternoon will buy me some time hopefully....

Can someone please lay it to me softly how much a taxi will be??? From south to north???

What is it, about 50km - 60km ??? :O

timmylish
26-10-2011, 15:36
You are bang on the money for distance but the problem is what a taxi driver will charge you that day since most will go home mid to late afternoon to celebrate on the evening of the 24th. I am so sorry to be vague but it is a very important evening for the Spanish here! What I will try to do is to ask both a Titsa and a taxi driver over the course of the next week and try to give a more sensible answer.

Added after 1 44 minutes:

Right, i,ve been up to the Airport.
From the Cuddie,s mouth, so to speak!
Buses will run hourly on the half hour mark from TFS to SC until the final gua-gua at 21.30.
Taxis normally charge between 60/70€ depending on where in SC. Anyway. All the drivers told that a "precio especial" would be on offer! Minimum100€. Merry Xmas to that!

mrkano
26-10-2011, 22:15
Wow thanks mate!

Any idea on price.....

I arrive at about 12.30 in the afternoon on Xmas eve.....

Added after 56 minutes:

Wow thanks mate!

Any idea on price.....

I arrive at about 12.30 in the afternoon on Xmas eve.....

timmylish
26-10-2011, 23:48
Somewhere up to 100€,s?

mrkano
27-10-2011, 00:19
For a bus journey????

timmylish
27-10-2011, 00:59
Aye. The prices here have really gone sky-high.
Naw, seriously I cannot for the life of me remember the approx costs but since I don,t know how many of you are coming I cannot suggest the alternatives available. Let me kn ow and suffer for a couple of hours before I can price you up!
Beyjesus. Before you answer that question is there anything else I need to find out for your holiday.

tracy hampshire
27-10-2011, 07:51
round about 5 euros with a bono.

mrkano
27-10-2011, 08:16
'round about 5 euros with a bono.'

Now this is more my language..... :yum:

How can I get a Bono Card? Can I get one before I arrive or will it be on the day?

Thank you so much for all your help, I promise I'll take some more beautiful pictures of your island.

:bootyshake:

(Sorry just getting carried away with these smiley faces)

timmylish
27-10-2011, 12:17
I am almost certain these cards are sold in the general shop beside the Burger place on this side of the Main Hall at the Airport. I go and get you all the info you ask for and you still cannot answer the one question I,ve asked.

HOW MANY WILL BE IN YOUR PARTY?

mrkano
27-10-2011, 12:21
I will be solo again. On my own little adventure.

The BONO card sounds good... Very good.

timmylish
27-10-2011, 12:25
Aye. Depending on distances being travelled you can save up to 60% on total bus fares whilst you are here. It also means that you are scratching about looking for change nor are you being lumbered with the drivers excess coinage. Lastly, it makes sure that you are only paying the exact fare with no language misunderstandings (aplogies to you if you are a fluent Spanish speaking holidaymaker).

liamog
28-10-2011, 11:23
There can be confusion at the airport about these buses. Is it coming from or going to Santa Cruz? How can you tell the difference? Not always very clear.
good luck,
liamog.

Vortex Wake
28-10-2011, 12:35
There can be confusion at the airport about these buses. Is it coming from or going to Santa Cruz? How can you tell the difference? Not always very clear.
good luck,
liamog.

Yes, the Titsa bus idea of using the same number for 'to' and 'from' a destination can cause confusion, especially when the bus stop is in the same location (instead of on the other side of the road i.e. Golf del sur) - so it can pay to ask where the intended destination, even if it if displayed on the bus at the front .

I should add that the 450 from Adeje goes to TFS too (but not up north).

TeresaT
28-10-2011, 14:45
http://www.just-tenerife.com/titsa.htm

Here is a good link that explains the routes and costs etc
Hope it is helpful to you :)