PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place for Christmas Dinner on Golf del Sur, Tenerife?

Dandy Don
26-10-2011, 12:10
Where is the best place for Xmas Dinner in Amarilla/Golf Del Sur (Los Abrigos too perhaps but got to be "staggering" distance)?

Do you need to book and if so how far in advance (over 12th Dec).

Thanks in advance!

duquessa
27-10-2011, 01:55
the santa barbara is lovely i dont know if they are open though i expect so.

jack oakley
27-10-2011, 10:24
Without a shadow of doubt it would have to be PLACERES in Los Abrigos, the food and service there is exquisite,the service and harbour view is unsurpassable, the chef Cristian, was head chef of a 5 star golf hotel in Berkshire for several years and knows how to cook a traditional english fayre. The owner Pablo is proud of his restaurant and rightly so as he has gained an envyable reputation amongst the international culinary writing fraternity, not withstanding a regular clientel from local residents, holiday makers and many spanish and canarian hotel managers, and me of course. Jack.O

Dandy Don
27-10-2011, 15:06
Do both of the above do Xmas Dinner and is booking required?

jack oakley
27-10-2011, 17:07
You would definately need to book for PLACERES especialy to reserve a table on the harbour view terrace, and yes Cristian cooked a spectacular tradditional xmas lunch last year. The telephone number of the restaurant is ;
0034922749191. you can also google PLACERES LOS ABRIGOS TENERIFE you will find revues by trip adviser and the placeres facebook page. Jack.O

Dandy Don
27-10-2011, 18:17
You would definately need to book for PLACERES especialy to reserve a table on the harbour view terrace, and yes Cristian cooked a spectacular tradditional xmas lunch last year. The telephone number of the restaurant is ;
0034922749191. you can also google PLACERES LOS ABRIGOS TENERIFE you will find revues by trip adviser and the placeres facebook page. Jack.O

Sounds just the job!

We're over from the 12th Dec, would this be too late to book in person? I can give them a call if need be.
Any idea of the cost and is it set fayre?

Thanks in advance?

slodgedad
27-10-2011, 18:38
Sounds just the job!

We're over from the 12th Dec, would this be too late to book in person? I can give them a call if need be.
Any idea of the cost and is it set fayre?

Thanks in advance?

I would book now for there as it is a big favourite with residents, so by the time you get here you may be unlucky.