PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Parque de la Reina

poshbird22
28-10-2011, 17:29
Hi all, we are moving next month from Los Cris round to Parque de la Reina. Have a vague knowledge of the area but would appreciate any info on: local shops, bars, buses, places to go etc etc etc etc. Cheers guys:wow:

stevem
28-10-2011, 18:57
Leones is a great bar. The Buho does great coffee in the morning. The food is fantastic at Granmars Kitchen. just keep an eye out for the local celebs!!! You'll be in the company of Freddie Mercury and Roy Chubby Brown ;)

Tinkabel
28-10-2011, 20:59
Leones is the local English bar and i also like Servelyn, As already stated Grandmas Kitchen does lovely food and you can also get a fab 3 course meal from Lupita for 3.95 Euro's and they also do nice fresh Pizza's. There's a Max Coop and a smaller shop called Ellas which is open everyday. You can also buy papers and magazines from Bazzar Pumuki do the lottery or top up your mobile phone. Where about's in Parque are you moving to?

Nic
28-10-2011, 21:21
And just in case you want to know where Grandma's Kitchen is, it's name is actually El Candil de la Abuela (next door to Servelyn's) which translates as Grandmother's Candle but once again, the name is being changed by locals, there is no reference whatsoever to a kitchen on their signs or menu. It's a Canarian restaurant run by a Canarian so why the name is being changed into English I've no idea.

poshbird22
29-10-2011, 08:05
Thanx for the info. Moving to Timanfaya 1. Hubby is a soul and motown singer and we moved here 4 months ago. Hard to get on the circuit though but he is persevering. Once again, thanx

atlantico
29-10-2011, 09:24
tell Hubby to pay a visit to The Albatros in Silencio, I think they're looking for new talent once every few weeks.

Tinkabel
29-10-2011, 09:43
Thanx for the info. Moving to Timanfaya 1. Hubby is a soul and motown singer and we moved here 4 months ago. Hard to get on the circuit though but he is persevering. Once again, thanx

Probably see you around then, we live in Timanfaya 1, you'll have to call for a coffee, always good to see new faces.

poshbird22
29-10-2011, 13:52
cheers for that, dont suppose you have their number. Where abouts on Silencio? :bowdown:

Cheers for that. Would love to meet up for coffee and a chat. We move on 27th. Is there a beach nearby????

atlantico
29-10-2011, 14:27
forum member markles (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?283-Markles)

stevem
29-10-2011, 16:22
And just in case you want to know where Grandma's Kitchen is, it's name is actually El Candil de la Abuela (next door to Servelyn's) which translates as Grandmother's Candle but once again, the name is being changed by locals, there is no reference whatsoever to a kitchen on their signs or menu. It's a Canarian restaurant run by a Canarian so why the name is being changed into English I've no idea.

Not rocket science really is it? It has Grandmother in the name and it has a kitchen! Jeeze lighten up a bit! :whistle::fpull:

cheers for that, dont suppose you have their number. Where abouts on Silencio? :bowdown:

Cheers for that. Would love to meet up for coffee and a chat. We move on 27th. Is there a beach nearby????

Silencio yes, Parque no lol

poshbird22
31-10-2011, 10:37
Hi, planning on comin over on Wednesday to walk around and look about. Tinkerbell, are ya available for coffe. I cant seem to send a private message?????

Tinkabel
31-10-2011, 15:19
Hi, planning on comin over on Wednesday to walk around and look about. Tinkerbell, are ya available for coffe. I cant seem to send a private message?????

Should be around after 2pm, I'll send a PM with my phone number