PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice My New Cat Charity.

Cat Woman
07-06-2011, 21:36
I have just put a new post up
"My Website is now LIVE"
Its been merged with this one.
So, in case anyone cant be bothered going to the end of this thread, Im editing the beginning!!
I hope you enjoy the site.
www.cats-welfare-tenerife.com

Hello everyone,
Im not sure where to post this, Im sure it will be moved to the correct place.
My sister and I have our own registered cat charity www.cats-welfare-tenerife.com
The Website is'nt live yet. I am waiting for confirmation from Pay Pal and Kirsty has a bit more work to do on it.
Kirsty has done a Brilliant job of designing the Website, its fantastic, I love it. Hopefully it wont be too long before it goes live.
Ive filled most of the links but theres still more information I need to add, plus Im still having problems putting photos on.
The site will be educational and helpful and an enjoyable read for cat lovers!
Our aim is to continually catch wild and stray cats and have them neutered. When they have recovered, we take them back to where we caught them.
We make sure the colonies of cats we take back are being fed, most of them are, but if we find any that are not being fed, then we organize volunteers to feed them, which means we supply the food, plus the volunteers inform us if any un neutered cats join the colony.
We do everything we do to try and control the cat population in Tenerife.
A neutered cat is a healthier and happier cat, the females are not having numerous litters of kittens and the males dont fight over females in season. The cats have a better quality of life.
We also want to encourage people to have their own cats neutered, we have recently got through to some Spanish people, which was quite a challenge!
If someone 'intends' to have their cat neutered, but have just not got round to it for one reason or another, then they can contact us and we will discuss the options.
We have a briliant Tombola stall on the markets. All the prizes have been donated to us by friends, neighbours and other market traders. Everyones been sorting out their bottom drawers!
Our sponsors for the Charity are Tenerife Solicitors, they have been absolutely brilliant. The Spanish partner Ruben has done all the legal work. Ive lost count of how many trips he made to Santa Cruz.
They are extremely efficient and professional Solicitors and I would recommend them to everyone.
They answer emails the same day, they do what they say they are going to do, plus they are such lovely people and they are having two kittens off me!
We have their name on our tops, business cards, Website and Tombola stall.
We have a lot of BIG plans for our Charity and we are going to make a difference.
We have been doing this for the past three year, but now we are a registered charity we can do it in a bigger way and get more cats neutered.
Thank you to everyone for your support.
Everything we do, we do for the cats.:love:
I will keep everyone updated.
The Website wont be too long.
Sharon & Wendi :)

Loaded
07-06-2011, 21:47
Well done and can I suggest you join forces with cats aid who also do this.

CIM
07-06-2011, 22:06
Would make sense to work with Cat man who runs Cats Aid.

Todi
07-06-2011, 22:12
Congratulations to both of you, you do a wonderful job for the street cats!!;)

Cat Woman
07-06-2011, 22:15
I have worked with Dave at Cats Aid in the past. But I wanted to become a Registered Charity so I could do so much more for the Cats in Tenerife.
Although I will continue to give Dave help and support.:)

caroletenerife
07-06-2011, 22:16
Great news Sharon, the very best of luck to you and your sister. Please feel free to bring any promotional or informational leaflets into Live Arico shop, a good few people ask us about cats, hows the wee kitty from last week and thanks again for coming so quickly xxxx

Cat Woman
07-06-2011, 22:21
Congratulations to both of you, you do a wonderful job for the street cats!!;)
Thank you Todi, and thank you for all your help and support, you and your husband have been brilliant, especially in the room with the Spiders!;)

woo87
07-06-2011, 23:42
Congratulations for you both its really great news. So pleased :)
Just sent you a e-mail talk to you soon.

astara
08-06-2011, 01:11
Great news you will be a reg/charity - I will continue passing on info to folks in the live arico shop at los cris ... Please bring us in any posters etc which we will put up in shop ...

glostergirl
08-06-2011, 16:23
well done to you sharon. wishing you huge success with the new charity.

Suej
08-06-2011, 17:21
Dave DJ and Sharon are the most hardworking and dedicated people I know who are caring for the cats on this Island a massive pat on the back and very good luck to you Sharon & Dave:lots-jumping:

DJ Dangerous
09-06-2011, 10:52
Well done and can I suggest you join forces with cats aid who also do this.

Would make sense to work with Cat man who runs Cats Aid.

I don't have any desire to be drawn into verbal conflict - as anybody who knows me will recall, I continually shy away from confrontation and never argue with anybody, specially not forum members.

However, I wish to clarify something here, as I don't like misinformation.

Cat Woman was working with CAT (http://www.cats-aid.com/) (what some of you know as Cats Aid Tenerife), both fund-raising and trapping, but earlier this year, I, as president and administrator of CAT, suggested that she create her own association.

Cat Woman truly loves the animals (but not kids), but she wished to control an association, not just work with one.

I offered help and advice on how to do so, helped with translations and phone calls, and most of Cat Womans contacts, be it Hospivet or MaDaT (https://www.facebook.com/madat.tenerife), are contacts that CAT generated for her.

If it weren't for CAT, Cat Woman would not yet HAVE an foundation (a foundation is the closest thing in Spanish to what English-speakers call a charity - the difference between an association like CAT and a foundation like Cats Welfare Tenerife being one of thirty grand or so start-up costs, plus a lot more legalities - an association like CAT on the other hand is NOT a charity, but is, in it's simplest terms, a group of like-minded individuals).

So to say that Cat Woman "will continue to give Dave help and support" is a gross distortion of the truth.

ASFA vets have just been and gone, and it was CAT who provided twenty boxes for trapping, and CAT who borrowed another twenty boxes from MaDaT for trapping.

It was also CAT who went out with the ASFA trappers to show them some of the worst areas for strays (including Sotavento, Sue!!).

Cat Woman did huge amounts of work in collecting cats for castration at the ASFA-run clinic, and has to be credited for this - I was quite busy with my Modelo 036 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXWZ3uAEKsw) work, and I had three friends arrive the same day as the vets, so had to make countless trips to police stations, government offices, gestorias, banks, phone shops, and of course, make millions of photocopies. And I had four ITV's to get through in the week, which of course, is not as easy as you'd assume!

I would respectfully ask that CAT not be brought back into this, as we will have a quiet 12-18 month period (except for our birthday) on the publicity front - we will be working to help cats in Tenerife whenever and wherever possible, but I won't have a huge amount of time to post on the forum - you'll find updates from time to time on our website (http://www.cats-aid.com/) (currently being re-built) and on our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/catsaidtf) page.

I wish nothing but success to Cats Welfare Tenerife, and will always be, as I have been so far, here to help them with whatever the next set of problems may be.

Congratulations and good luck!!!

Click here (http://www.cats-aid.com) to help cats in Tenerife!

CIM
09-06-2011, 11:05
Well its a good thing you didn't decide to have a scrap - imagine the bloody racket if Cat man and Cat woman had it out outside your apartment!

SuzyQ
09-06-2011, 14:36
Wow, didn't realise it was a foundation!! That's been Eugenes dream for years....

DJ Dangerous
09-06-2011, 14:40
Wow, didn't realise it was a foundation!! That's been Eugenes dream for years....

But I wanted to become a Registered Charity

My sister and I have our own registered cat charity

I was just assuming after reading that!

Loaded
09-06-2011, 15:31
Meooooooow!

SuzyQ
09-06-2011, 16:02
Meooooooow!

Not at all. Iīm genuinely interested, and impressed, if this is the case. Thats quite a coup. :)

Cat Woman
09-06-2011, 16:17
i really do not understand what is going on?

i don't have any desire to be drawn into verbal conflict - as anybody who knows me will recall, i continually shy away from confrontation and never argue with anybody, specially not forum members.

However, i wish to clarify something here, as i don't like misinformation.

Cat woman was working with cat (http://www.cats-aid.com/) (what some of you know as cats aid tenerife), both fund-raising and trapping, but earlier this year, i, as president and administrator of cat, suggested that she create her own association.
which would have been created with or without cats aid.
cat woman truly loves the animals (but not kids),said who? And whats that got to do with anything? but she wished to control an association, not just work with one.
i did not wish to control cats aid, but i was doing most of the work as you work long hours, but it was not a problem, where cats are concerned i will do whatever i can.
I felt cats aid needed to move on, it seemed to be in a rut. I suggested to dave that he become a registered charity, as a charity that isnt registered is very limited in what it can do. But dave wasnt interested.
I offered to organize another benefit night, daves answer was he was too busy, i said i would do all the work, but he said no.i offered help and advice on how to do so, helped with translations and phone calls,
you did not offer any advice or translations. Tenerife solicitors did everything for me! & you know that as i informed you of my charity before i put anything on the forum.
and most of cat womans contacts, be it hospivet i use three vets for neutering, not just hospivet. So everyone who uses hospivet does so through you?or madat wendi met regina about 18 months ago as she got a kitten off her (https://www.facebook.com/madat.tenerife), are contacts that cat generated for her.

If it weren't for cat, cat woman would not yet have an foundation you are wrong, my aim was always to have a cat charity and help as many cats as i can in tenerife (a foundation is the closest thing in spanish to what english-speakers call a charity - the difference between an association like cat and a foundation like cats welfare tenerife being one of thirty grand really!! I dont know where you get your figures from. Tenerife solicitors did everything and it did not cost me anything, they love cats and wanted to help, they are absolutely brilliant. Or so start-up costs, plus a lot more legalities - an association like cat on the other hand is not a charity, but is, in it's simplest terms, a group of like-minded individuals).

So to say that cat woman "will continue to give dave help and support" is a gross distortion of the truth. i said i would help you with cat food for the peurto colon cats and for your own cats as you have so many. I have helped you in the past with cash. Remember the 100 euros i gave to stewart for you? Plus i gave you all the money from my colection boxes before i became registered. When you had cats neutered for me i always gave you extra money. I got janet wise to give you 100 pounds and she gave you another 25 pounds. You dont know janet wise, you've never met her, she gave you the money through me. asfa vets have just been and gone, and it was cat who provided twenty boxes for trapping, and cat who borrowed another twenty boxes from madat for trapping. i have a few of my own cat baskets. It was your choice to go to reginas to get extra baskets for the vets. You didnt ask me to get them, i would have done if you would have asked. Quite often you have phoned me to collect cats from the vets , from peoples houses, i took your cat bella to the vets three times when you were in ireland. I have never refused any of your requeats to do with cats! it was also cat who went out with the asfa trappers to show them some of the worst areas for strays (including sotavento, sue!!).
You had a week off and borrowed a van and said you would show everytone where the cats were. We discussed this.Cat woman did huge amounts of work in collecting cats for castration at the asfa-run clinic, as always and has to be credited for this - i was quite busy with my modelo 036 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxwz3uaeksw) work, and i had three friends arrive the same day as the vets, so had to make countless trips to police stations, government offices, gestorias, banks, phone shops, and of course, make millions of photocopies. And i had four itv's to get through in the week, which of course, is not as easy as you'd assume!

I would respectfully ask that cat not be brought back into this, as we will have a quiet 12-18 month period (except for our birthday) on the publicity front - we will be working to help cats in tenerife whenever and wherever possible, but i won't have a huge amount of time to post on the forum - you'll find updates from time to time on our website (http://www.cats-aid.com/) (currently being re-built) and on our facebook (https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/catsaidtf) page.

I wish nothing but success to cats welfare tenerife, and will always be, as i have been so far, here to help them with whatever the next set of problems may be.
I have not had any problems with cats welfare. Tenerife solicitors did all the legal work and will do any future legal work that needs doing.Congratulations and good luck!!!

click here (http://www.cats-aid.com) to help cats in tenerife!

doreen
09-06-2011, 17:30
f it weren't for cat, cat woman would not yet have an foundation you are wrong, my aim was always to have a cat charity and help as many cats as i can in tenerife (a foundation is the closest thing in spanish to what english-speakers call a charity - the difference between an association like cat and a foundation like cats welfare tenerife being one of thirty grand really!! I dont know where you get your figures from. Tenerife solicitors did everything and it did not cost me anything, they love cats and wanted to help, they are absolutely brilliant. Or so start-up costs, plus a lot more legalities - an association like cat on the other hand is not a charity, but is, in it's simplest terms, a group of like-minded individuals).

I think people need to be clear whether an organisation is a registered Charity (Fundación) or an registered Association .... Fundaciones, like Charities in the UK and Ireland are very strictly regulated ... Associaciones much less so: an Association is expected to produce & then register annual accounts, but as one leading person in the Tenerife animal welfare world told me, 95% do not.

Given the very heavy costs of setting up a Foundation, I would presume that Sharon's new organisation, just like K9 and Live Arico is an Association (which as DJD points out, is a group of like-minded individuals ... who set up a not for profit organisation).

Calling it a Charity is, I believe, confusing to the ex pat population as they expect the same level of regulation as a registered Charity would be submitted to in the UK and Ireland.

taffy
10-06-2011, 09:50
Whether it is one or the other, it is all good work and help for all the street cats, so why all the bickering, I would have thought it is good to work together than against each other, it would not help you in anyway if all tourist's or resident's could read this.
I wish you ALL Good Luck in which ever way you go forward together or seperate:)

astara
10-06-2011, 21:38
There can never be too many animal charities/associations/foundations./like minded folk who work independently, together, or a bit of both...

With the large number of animals, cats & dogs on this island in deperate need - The more the merrier I say (IMOHO)

I dont care what the said organisation is called, its still all done for the animals for charity, & that is what the majority of ex - pats, or tourists or indeed any other species of earth dwellers reading this will care about ....
THE ANIMALS .....

As many people who come to the charity shops refer to us as the 'dog charity shop' - i,m not going to argue the point with them - even though our sign on the door says 'association' . They really dont mind, so long as their money goes to help the animals !!

canarygetaway
10-06-2011, 22:55
Great what you are doing, I feed a few cats in Los Cristianos, have just managed to catch 4 kittens who have lost their mother, will be looking for good homes for them in a few weeks.

caroletenerife
10-06-2011, 23:39
There can never be too many animal charities/associations/foundations./like minded folk who work independently, together, or a bit of both...

With the large number of animals, cats & dogs on this island in deperate need - The more the merrier I say (IMOHO)

I dont care what the said organisation is called, its still all done for the animals for charity, & that is what the majority of ex - pats, or tourists or indeed any other species of earth dwellers reading this will care about ....
THE ANIMALS .....

As many people who come to the charity shops refer to us as the 'dog charity shop' - i,m not going to argue the point with them - even though our sign on the door says 'association' . They really dont mind, so long as their money goes to help the animals !!

I agree, so many tourists come in San Eugenio shop saying,'Ive never seen a Charity shop here before'. In fact even the Spanish and Morrocon customers call it a Charity shop now. The definition of Charity is 'the practice of benevolent giving and caring'. So any group, whoever they are or whatever they are called that works to help unwanted or neglected animals, or indeed people for that matter is acting with charity. Its a word that everyone understands

Cat Woman
11-06-2011, 15:06
I agree, so many tourists come in San Eugenio shop saying,'Ive never seen a Charity shop here before'. In fact even the Spanish and Morrocon customers call it a Charity shop now. The definition of Charity is 'the practice of benevolent giving and caring'. So any group, whoever they are or whatever they are called that works to help unwanted or neglected animals, or indeed people for that matter is acting with charity. Its a word that everyone understands

Thank you for your sensible and practical reply. But dont hold your breath, the opposition will be along shortly!!

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 16:57
Thank you for your sensible and practical reply. But dont hold your breath, the opposition will be along shortly!!
Relax catwoman, most people wish you well, concentrate on your new CHARITY:D

Cat Woman
11-06-2011, 17:57
I know, you're right. Im doing well and everythings going brilliant with the Charity.:)
Thanks. xx

taffy
12-06-2011, 17:11
Don't let the wanna be's grind you down, You and your sister are doing the best you can and NO ONE can ask for more than that !

Cat Woman
16-06-2011, 23:31
My Website is now Live.
I hope you all enjoy it.
Any questions please email me through the site.
I am in the UK until 24th June, but I will be logging on from time to time.:)

YOUNG GOLFER
16-06-2011, 23:34
It does not work for me?

Cat Woman
16-06-2011, 23:35
It does for me, try again. :)

sunspot
16-06-2011, 23:35
Nice website Cat woman

caroletenerife
17-06-2011, 00:08
looks great Sharon, well done. xxx

sleepy
17-06-2011, 00:15
Lovely job!Good luck!

mamamaz
17-06-2011, 09:04
Great website - I love all animals and ANYONE who helps the poor abandoned cats and dogs in Tenerife should be thanked - I wish you ALL every success.

TIS
17-06-2011, 10:05
Here's wishing you go from strength to strength.

We recently lost our Russian Blue and haven't the heart to replace him yet. Maybe in the future - he was so special. The kids (nearly 4 yrs old) still think he is visiting the doctors.... They willunderstand in time.

kurtfive
17-06-2011, 15:29
Great work cat woman .can not be enough people like yourself getting stuck in and doing what is needed instead
of griping about whether it is a charity or not, or how many tins of food you gave to who,
it's about the animals not peoples egos
to you and all the other people helping animals here in Tenerife
Thank you

Suej
17-06-2011, 16:20
Great work cat woman .can not be enough people like yourself getting stuck in and doing what is needed instead
of griping about whether it is a charity or not, or how many tins of food you gave to who,
Thank you

I have said this to Sharon and to DJD...too many people want to be important! itīs all very childish but itīs fact. I have been a victim of this backbiting in the past to do with this Forum and the cats and Iīm no where near as involved as Sharon or DJD.

Sharon hope you got the trap back Ok this morning?

DJ Dangerous
18-06-2011, 17:44
Sadly, sniping comments such as these do a lot to massage the ego, but nothing for the animals... :(

Thank you

Don't let the wanna be's grind you down, You and your sister are doing the best you can and NO ONE can ask for more than that !

kurtfive
18-06-2011, 18:24
Sadly, sniping comments such as these do a lot to massage the ego, but nothing for the animals... :(

not going to get into a tit for tat argument , but i was thanking everybody who helps animals here including you , and your post just highlights my points on this subject .
enough said no more post from me on this matter

candy2411
18-06-2011, 18:48
Well done catwoman, just had a look at your website and I wish you lots of luck with the work you're doing.

I am full of admiration for persons like yourselves who give so much time and effort in helping these cats have a better life.When I finally take the plunge and retire to Tenerife as is my long term plan I would hope to be able to volunteer my services.

DJ Dangerous
18-06-2011, 19:07
not going to get into a tit for tat argument , but i was thanking everybody who helps animals here including you , and your post just highlights my points on this subject .
enough said no more post from me on this matter

You just did.

Thankfully though, there are enough members here sharp enough to read between the lines...

Loaded
18-06-2011, 19:49
I know how hard DJD works for the cats so I bow down to him as a pussy magnet.

Well done to cat woman too , Tenerife needs as Many people as possible to go around chopping cats nuts off etc.

I'd never heard of TNR before now, it's all neuter me....

scoregolfbob
19-06-2011, 09:01
Hi Sharon, just looked at the web site, thanks for putting our cats on there, made Mandys days, you know how much she loves her cats.

Bob

yourneighbourdi
23-06-2011, 19:05
Well done with the Website..love the Cat Quotes. And both my friend an i had a very useful prize each for 5€ from the Sunday market...keep it up and best of luck:gromit:

warmwind
03-07-2011, 17:58
Hi Catwoman,

I was sent a photo of two kittens that need a home , the person rescued them and is now fostering them until hopefully they find a permanent home. Could you please upload this pic on to your website and I will send you contact details.

I run a dogs website Tenerife Dogs so can't upload these cuties on to my site.

Thanks

Cat Woman
03-07-2011, 18:15
Hi Warmwind,
Ive added their photo to my website
I will add their details as soon as I receive them.
They are so cute and look quite fluffy.
Thanks,
Sharon.:)

warmwind
03-07-2011, 18:24
Hi Warmwind,
Ive added their photo to my website
I will add their details as soon as I receive them.
They are so cute and look quite fluffy.
Thanks,
Sharon.:)

Muchas gracias :)

DJ Dangerous
28-08-2011, 01:16
Hi Catwoman,

I was sent a photo of two kittens that need a home , the person rescued them and is now fostering them until hopefully they find a permanent home. Could you please upload this pic on to your website and I will send you contact details.

I run a dogs website Tenerife Dogs so can't upload these cuties on to my site.

Thanks

These two little kitties, David (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150258834618584&set=a.10150258831868584.341784.825098583&type=1&theater) & George (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150258834323584&set=a.10150258831868584.341784.825098583&type=1&theater), are flying to Germany tomorrow morning, with thanks to Regina and Chantal of MaDaT (https://www.facebook.com/madat.tenerife).

Broke my heart handing them over tonight...

caroletenerife
30-08-2011, 21:04
two new wee faces appeared today at Esmerelda, about 3 to 4 weeks :(. They are tiny, it was funny, just the size of tom thumb but spitting like the terminator, couldnt see anymore.x Sharon , there is a donation left for Cats welfare at the shop x

Cat Woman
30-08-2011, 22:14
Hi, I will catch the tiny ones and get them fostered out. We rehomed 2 beautiful kittens today which Dawn was fostering, shes getting the room ready for some more. We also found 2 more foster mums that are going to work with us. We also found another brilliant vet today!
Thanks for taking in the donation, I will call down to the shop Wednesday as I have a cat to collect from the hairdressers.
Ive got somemore stuff for the shop and some brilliant news for you,
see you soon, Sharon. xx

caroletenerife
07-09-2011, 17:41
Thank you so much for the load of cat food you left at the shop for the Esmerelda cats, the customers were impressed by your tales of cat catching. Havent seen much of the tiny kittens over the last couple of days, probably too hot for them, i will leave it later tonight, if they are out and about i will try to nab them, thanks again for your help

Cat Woman
08-09-2011, 20:30
You are very welcome.x :)

caroletenerife
15-09-2011, 23:40
A wee update to let you know how the Esmerelda cats are doing, most are ok, sadly one of the kittens was dead one night last week, dont know what happened, but i dug him a wee grave (couldnt leave him lying there) but the rest seem fine. Also the newest member of the clan, i think this little one is the only one to survive of the latest litter, hes just appeared from under the wall, but likes his food (even using cutlery..posh cat x)

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 10:09
A wee update to let you know how the Esmerelda cats are doing, most are ok, sadly one of the kittens was dead one night last week, dont know what happened, but i dug him a wee grave (couldnt leave him lying there) but the rest seem fine. Also the newest member of the clan, i think this little one is the only one to survive of the latest litter, hes just appeared from under the wall, but likes his food (even using cutlery..posh cat x)
Thanks for keeping us updated. Its so difficult to get round all the cats that need help, theres only myself and Wendi who actually seem to be doing anything. We have almost had 100 cats neutered since our charity became registered in May. We work 3 days on the market and 4 days catching cats. Theres so much cat work to do we are also catching them after the market days.
We dont get much thanks on the Forum, theres a lot of people against us. If one of the other charities had caught and had neutered almost 100 cats in 3 and a half months loads of people would be thanking them and going over the top. We have lots of support from other places and we are very proud with what we have acheived and will continue to achieve.
Thank you ever so much to the few people on here who do support Cats Welfare.
Sharon & Wendi. :)

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 10:31
100 cats is ALOT of unwanted kittys, dont stress about these ones, they are in quite good nick at the moment. A good few will come to me now and get stroked so it will be easier to catch them when time and money allow for neutering, i know how busy you are. If anyone would like to give a home to the baby, it is tiny enough to tame, he or she is a grey tabby x

Todi
16-09-2011, 18:08
It doesnt matter what other people think, you know you are doing a good thing and you two are doing your best. You dont need thanks from the forum or anyone else, the cats well being is your thanks. There are a few people helping the cats over here on the Golf, me and Nat are feeding the Ocean Golf colony for 2 weeks while the lovely man who feeds them every day is on holiday. I know he has been out trapping recently as there are some that have not been neutered and he is trying to get them. This guy is up against it at the moment as the president of Golf Del Sur seems to think the small colony of cats that are fed and watered everyday, mostly neutered and look very well are the biggest problem Golf Del Sur has! He should try earning a living down here, a few cats would be the least of his worries!
The president of our complex is also involved, Sue from LA is helping with negotiations and the staff at Sunningdale village support the cats too, what I am trying to say is there are a lot of people helping cats here in their own way and I am sure it is the same in other areas. We are all doing it to help the animals not to please or annoy anyone else. If anybody has a problem with me feeding the cats then tough! I am really enjoying seeing ther little faces every morning and they recognise the car now and come running.
I just wish I had more time and money to do more for them. 100 cats neutered in 3 months is fantastic, you know that and anybody who cares about the cats knows that. It seems that all animal charities get a rough ride from time to time and it would be great if that wasnt the case but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the animals. Keep up the good work:)

bonitatime
16-09-2011, 18:46
You are both doung a great job but you need to stop worrying about what others say. Try to be positive, if they are talking about you they are leaving some othe poor sod alone

Vortex Wake
16-09-2011, 19:02
Thanks for keeping us updated. Its so difficult to get round all the cats that need help, theres only myself and Wendi who actually seem to be doing anything. We have almost had 100 cats neutered since our charity became registered in May. We work 3 days on the market and 4 days catching cats. Theres so much cat work to do we are also catching them after the market days.
We dont get much thanks on the Forum, theres a lot of people against us. If one of the other charities had caught and had neutered almost 100 cats in 3 and a half months loads of people would be thanking them and going over the top. We have lots of support from other places and we are very proud with what we have acheived and will continue to achieve.
Thank you ever so much to the few people on here who do support Cats Welfare.
Sharon & Wendi. :)

I remember DJD posting about having a quiet period a while back..........

I would respectfully ask that CAT not be brought back into this, as we will have a quiet 12-18 month period on the publicity front - we will be working to help cats in Tenerife whenever and wherever possible, but I won't have a huge amount of time to post on the forum - you'll find updates from time to time on our website (http://www.cats-aid.com/) (currently being re-built) and on our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/catsaidtf) page.

I wish nothing but success to Cats Welfare Tenerife, and will always be, as I have been so far, here to help them with whatever the next set of problems may be.

Congratulations and good luck!!!

Click here (http://www.cats-aid.com) to help cats in Tenerife!

DJD also told me that he was providing some trapping equipment for Cats Welfare. I know that he is working on something else this year, so I guess that is why he's only putting five or six hundred a month into looking after the cats.

:)

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 20:33
Here we go again..........................
Vortex,
I borrowed a cat trap off Dave as we are catching so many cats one trap wasnt enough.
I am waiting for a delivery of 2 more cat traps from the UK.
Sharon. :)

It doesnt matter what other people think, you know you are doing a good thing and you two are doing your best. You dont need thanks from the forum or anyone else, the cats well being is your thanks. There are a few people helping the cats over here on the Golf, me and Nat are feeding the Ocean Golf colony for 2 weeks while the lovely man who feeds them every day is on holiday. I know he has been out trapping recently as there are some that have not been neutered and he is trying to get them. This guy is up against it at the moment as the president of Golf Del Sur seems to think the small colony of cats that are fed and watered everyday, mostly neutered and look very well are the biggest problem Golf Del Sur has! He should try earning a living down here, a few cats would be the least of his worries!
The president of our complex is also involved, Sue from LA is helping with negotiations and the staff at Sunningdale village support the cats too, what I am trying to say is there are a lot of people helping cats here in their own way and I am sure it is the same in other areas. We are all doing it to help the animals not to please or annoy anyone else. If anybody has a problem with me feeding the cats then tough! I am really enjoying seeing ther little faces every morning and they recognise the car now and come running.
I just wish I had more time and money to do more for them. 100 cats neutered in 3 months is fantastic, you know that and anybody who cares about the cats knows that. It seems that all animal charities get a rough ride from time to time and it would be great if that wasnt the case but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the animals. Keep up the good work:)
Todi,
I was refering to other cat charities not individuals.
We are working with Val at Sunningdale who is feeding the wild cats every day at the same time so they will be easier to catch.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 21:12

Spoke too soon, little baby has a massive lump under his chest, picked him up but couldnt see a puncture wound or anything obvious, just need to wait and see what happens:(

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 21:19
Spoke too soon, little baby has a massive lump under his chest, picked him up but couldnt see a puncture wound or anything obvious, just need to wait and see what happens:(
I will come and get him tomorrow after work, can you take him home with you until I can collect him? One of the people who foster kittens for us will take a couple of the kittens I have, so I will be able to take him.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 21:42
Sharon dont get yourself into debt, you can only do what you can do, i know money is scarce. I was tempted to lift him tonight but as vets are closed on weekends thought he would be better off with his family. If you are sure i will go up tomorrow after the shop closes and get him x

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 21:59
Sharon dont get yourself into debt, you can only do what you can do, i know money is scarce. I was tempted to lift him tonight but as vets are closed on weekends thought he would be better off with his family. If you are sure i will go up tomorrow after the shop closes and get him x
Thanks for your concern. Dont worry, we're ok. I will make room for him at home and take him to a new vet Ive just started using, they are open tomorrow. Please try and get him tomorrow (Saturday). If you cant find him I will try after work.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 22:05
ok, should be able to get him, they all coming running out when i show up, will call you if i manage to catch him xxx

Cat Woman
16-09-2011, 22:14
Hi again,
We are also going to catch 2 of the adult cats from Esmeralda on Monday evening to take to the vets for neutering. We will alternate them with the Persian cats that we need to have done. We will try to catch 2 every other evening. Theres still one to catch at the place near the Gran Sur. We sit there with 3 traps set up with my lap top waiting for the right one to go in. We will get her eventually. Also, someones just dumped 3 kittens on the site, they are hiding in a wall and I cant get to them. Im feeding them and will get them when they are a bit more confident and come out to play. Ive left them some toy mice.:)

PS: Caught the kittens and they are being fostered.

caroletenerife
16-09-2011, 22:25
There are no obvious pregnant ones..i can pick the mum up and stroke her, and 3 of the bigger kittens will let me pick them up. Its the adult males that just sit back and dont eat, they will probably need the traps, they sit in front of Fasi, guarding the rest. (Like shes intersted, she just lies down and starts snoring)

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 16:59
Thanks to Sharon and Wendy who came and caught three of the esmerelda cats today, Update on the tiny injured kitten, she didnt make it, the lump was indeed an abssess in fact three of them and her tiny little body just couldnt fight it. This is why i support the cat charities i think its so important to catch and neuter them.
The kittens are born with everything pitted against them, that kitten was the only surviving one from the litter so who knows what agony the rest died in. One of the cats caught was the mum so at least she wont be having anymore x They could have taken more but had no more cat carriers, if anyone has an old one they dont use anymore could you contact Cat Woman on the forum, many thanks

Cat Woman
20-09-2011, 17:19
Thanks for your help today Siobhan. We caught the 3 of them quite quick today as they knew you and trusted you.
I know we are always short of cat baskets. Two of the baskets are to be collected from people this week.
One is still to be collected after a year, I ring them regular, this morning they were in Germany!
The rest are at the vets with cats in, we took 4 to the vets this morning, plus the 3 Esmeralda cats this afternoon.
I keep saying I must get some more cat baskets, they are only 26 euros from the Chinese shops and they are really good ones with metal doors, but then the money needs to be spent on neutering and we manage with what we have including broken ones we use plastic ties to secure.
As well as being neutered, all the Esmeralda cats will have an antibiotic injection and be wormed and flead.
They are being fed regular so when all 16 have been neutered they will be a happy healthy colony with no kittens being born.
We finished all the Gran Sur cats last night. All 42 adults neutered, that was some task!!

caroletenerife
20-09-2011, 17:26
We caught the 3 of them quite quick today as they knew you and trusted you.
haha, not anymore, i will probably get mugged when i go up tonight, well done on the Grand Sur cats, have you read the thread about the kittens getting dumped...what a cow!!!

Suej
20-09-2011, 17:39
I am always on the look out for cat carriers so if any of the Charity shops ever get them please remember to let Sharon know! I know any of the animal charities would think of Sharon or Dave straight away but there are other Charity shops that might not give it a thought! unintentionally of course! If any members see carriers in safe condition at car boot/markets please just buy them!:bowdown: I understand they can be picked up for as little as 5€! and it would be such a help!:wave:
Thanks!

Good luck all!

Cat Woman
20-09-2011, 17:56
SueJ, you are an angel, thank you so much for the donation, I going to buy a cat basket from the big Chinese shop in Adeje tomorrow with your very kind donation.
If its ok with you, I would like to put on the basket "Donated to Cats Welfare by Sue J?" Whats the "J" for?
Thank you,:bowdown: Thank you, :bowdown:Thank you.:bowdown: xxx
PS; We must get together for that coffee!!

Suej
20-09-2011, 18:22
SueJ, you are an angel, thank you so much for the donation, I going to buy a cat basket from the big Chinese shop in Adeje tomorrow with your very kind donation.
If its ok with you, I would like to put on the basket "Donated to Cats Welfare by Sue J?" Whats the "J" for?
Thank you,:bowdown: Thank you, :bowdown:Thank you.:bowdown: xxx
PS; We must get together for that coffee!!

Blimey Sharon! after all the bowing I just had to up the donation a bit! :crylaughing: Good luck mate!

Cat Woman
20-09-2011, 20:11
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:D .......... ;)

Suej
20-09-2011, 20:14
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:D .......... ;)

You are taking the p*** now my girlie!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

taffy
21-09-2011, 09:14
Hi Sharon and Wendi,
Sharon the carrier I have you can borrow anytime, Just need it to take pets to vet or your car ! lol
The 2 new ones are doing fine, handled them a few times each yesterday,still spitting like cobra's though but not as bad as they were.
Thank you for the food and everything again !
Love the website, there will be a donation going in every month, hope this helps !

Cat Woman
21-09-2011, 23:18
Blimey Sharon! after all the bowing I just had to up the donation a bit! :crylaughing: Good luck mate!
I bought a lovely cat basket today with your very kind donation. Its pink and pale grey. Its a really good secure one with a stainless steel door. I am going to put on it "Donated by Sue J Chayofa."
Ive also had some other donations which will enable me to purchase 3 more of the same. I will get the others on Friday.
Thank you so much.

TenerifeTeddy
22-09-2011, 23:25
Thread closed at OPīs request.