PDA

View Full Version : Can you be fired after two days of work with 4 months signed contract?

alina
29-10-2011, 12:19
I have been working in well known hotel in Tenerife and everything was fine, until manager at the end of second day told me that someone is coming back from sick leave and I have no job.

Is there anything I can do? What are my rights? What about contract?

Thanks for all replies.

doreen
29-10-2011, 12:24
I'm sorry but I believe you have little rights in the initial period of your contract - periodo de preuba (trial period) which is usually 15 days to a month.

marbro8
29-10-2011, 14:14
it's the sign of the times everywhere unfortunately:( all three of my nephews got the news that they had all been LET GO!!! by their employer while on holiday sitting on a sun bed in siam park a few weeks ago, they said they had let the one go because of the time he had off, and he had never missed a day:dontknow: it is an employers market at the moment

warbey
29-10-2011, 18:36
I have been working in well known hotel in Tenerife and everything was fine, until manager at the end of second day told me that someone is coming back from sick leave and I have no job.

Is there anything I can do? What are my rights? What about contract?

Thanks for all replies.

Just to clarify.

Have You been working for the two Days stated or for a longer Period prior to the Contract.?

alina
29-10-2011, 20:33
Just to clarify.

Have You been working for the two Days stated or for a longer Period prior to the Contract.?

I have been working there just two days.

Andy0210
29-10-2011, 20:39
Maybe you could say what kind of work you are looking for or experienced in Alina and that way the forum members could maybe offer you something or keep their eyes and ears open in the hope of finding you something else?

Good luck in your search for a new job and try and stay positive if this hotel treats you like that then maybe it is better you are out of there. :)

Nic
29-10-2011, 20:43
It's very, very rare to be given a contract on the same day as you start work but if you have a four month contract there should be a clause in it that tells you how long your trial period lasts for. If there is no mention of a trial period then the company should pay you your nomina wage for the lenght of the contract. You can get free advice from Comisiones Obreros in the Valdez Centre. It's on the top floor, just take your contract and the letter you were given when you were sacked, if you didn't get a letter and have not been at work for more than three days then I'm afraid you don't have a leg to stand on as this means you haven't turned up for work, if you are off for more than three days you must present a doctors baja. Your first port of call has to be Obreros though and they will advise you on where you stand legally. Good luck!

doreen
30-10-2011, 10:06
I think you are getting her hopes up Nic - it would be unusual for a Gestor not to have put a trial period in a first contract, the minimum unless specified otherwise by the employer being 15 days. Also, if sacked, then the full wage is NOT due, rather a pro rata of 45 days per year, or in some cases can be as low as 20 days per year (plus any holidays due)

9PLUS
30-10-2011, 11:15
Move on

x