PDA

View Full Version : Swimming What are the best snorkeling spots in south Tenerife?

slodgedad
31-10-2011, 04:04
Originally posted by nobile on TF. com

Hi

What are, according to you. the best places to snorkel?

Most beautiful, safe, access from the beach or rocks?

Most of the species of fish you can see.

Any place where you can see dolphins, turtles by any chance?

Thanks

tracey_in_tenerife
31-10-2011, 08:16
El puertito (I think I've spelt it right) , hubby scubas from there and it's great for snorkeling too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chifleta
31-10-2011, 20:23
Alcala beach/port is georgous if you've just got mask/snorkel.... amazing amount of fish to be seen :)

Happy Days
31-10-2011, 21:17
The best places I have found; El Portito - first place I saw a tortuga, out by the light house past Palm Mar (swim along the coast from there and you may see some Rays). And towards Monataņa Roja on the Pilada side of El Medano. Keep your eyes pointed out to the see or you may see something you don't want too, but loads going on. Cuttle fish!! You would not believe how amazing they look swimming around. From the first time I saw them (and you'll see a few at Pilada) I thought that their name never did them any justice.

Best advice is that if you are going anywhere near the coast - take you mask and snorkle. I went swimming off a bay near the Granadilla Port, saw nothing... but meter wide Ray!

Vortex Wake
31-10-2011, 21:23
El Portito ( I might check this out next time too) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBY_6xf1u_o

karinglass
04-12-2011, 00:26
I have heard that there have been turtles recently in Alcala, so try that out and please let us know where you think is the best once you have been, thanks so much

louisecox
04-12-2011, 17:39
El Puertito is the best for turtles, but my family saw a ray just off the beach in Puerto Colon. A lovely place aswell is Las Galletas.