PDA

View Full Version : Supermercado Carolina, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

malagabob
31-10-2011, 11:15
Would the Carolina mercado in Los Cristianos be the cheapest place to do your weekly shop.

delderek
31-10-2011, 11:19
No probably not. Hiper Trebol up by the roundabout is cheaper. But the cheapest would be Mercadona, in El Camison,,,bit of a walk though.

monkeymisha
31-10-2011, 11:39
Coviran across from Carolina is not bad you can get some things cheaper than Mercadona

MummyJ
31-10-2011, 12:41
it is very reasonably priced but its about 50/50 depending if you buy brand names or local tbh

tfs1
16-07-2015, 08:42
Supermercado Carolina has been bought by the Coviran Supermarket company, staff now wearing the Coviran badged tops but no changes yet to the outside.

Believed to have been sold for around €2m.

lynno52
16-07-2015, 09:58
I wanted some 0.4ltr plastic cups the other day,i tried Mercadona,Hipertrebol,Hipodino,Coviran and about five Chinese shops and the only
place that had some was Carolina,s,they have a good range of "English" products there so I hope that does not change.
Coviran also do some decent offers (like Hipodino do).
Is there a new Coviran either open or opening up by Parque Margaritas Restaurant??

Yes , it opened a couple of months ago. To be honest - I have not seen it used very much by either visitors or locals.
It had a fresh meat counter in it when it opened, but that didn't last long. This may sound daft but I think more visitors would do more shopping in there if they sold newspapers. People go to other places locally for them and pick other stuff up whilst there.

tfs1
16-07-2015, 17:09
Yes , it opened a couple of months ago. To be honest - I have not seen it used very much by either visitors or locals.
It had a fresh meat counter in it when it opened, but that didn't last long. This may sound daft but I think more visitors would do more shopping in there if they sold newspapers. People go to other places locally for them and pick other stuff up whilst there.

The Margaritas Coviran is so tucked away I am surprised that it does any real business, went in earlier in the year for a look round and haven't been back since - tend to shop at the new Mercadona and pop into Carolinas when passing.

tfs1
13-12-2015, 09:19
I see the new green Coviran sign is being being installed outside Carolinas.

essexeddie
13-12-2015, 23:11
I see the new green Coviran sign is being being installed outside Carolinas.

You still there? thought you had gone?

tfs1
14-12-2015, 08:38
You still there? thought you had gone?

Sadly just back, we saw it on Saturday.

Back to Tenerife 5 weeks today but only 3 weeks for you - if I remember correctly.