PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why the refuge drop off point was closed today?

Tenerife Blade
31-10-2011, 22:24
I had a bit of rubbish to get rid of today, and went to the tip just off the TF1 on the way to Calleo Salveje to drop it off. I got there about 13.30, but it was closed. They don't usually close for lunch, and the sign says open Monday to Saturday 08.00 - 20.00. I know tomorrow is a bank holiday and it's likely to be closed, but does anyone know why it would be closed today? Also, does anyone know if it will be open on Thursday? rolleyes2:

sunspot
31-10-2011, 22:35
The Tip is closed on Mondays,thats if you mean the one after the roundabout at Adeje

Tenerife Blade
31-10-2011, 22:38
Thanks Sunspot. That is the tip I mean. I could have sworn the sign said Monday to Saturday. Never mind, I'll load the van up again on Thursday, and try again.

Andy0210
01-11-2011, 00:06
No its definately closed Mondays, open Tue - Saturday, just a tip for you if your van is signwritten they wont let you tip there they don´t allow commercial waste and they regard anything coming in a signwritten vehicle as commercial waste.

If it is signwritten you will need to take it to the PIRS depot which is opposite the BP garage on the road from Guaza - Cabo Blanco, they weigh you in and weigh you out and you pay a charge for dumping based on the kg´s you tip, remember to take your NIE if you go to PIRS as you need it. :)

imablue
01-11-2011, 00:20
definitely closed Mondays...and tomorrow being a Fiesta day i would say it will be closed also.
try Wednesday ..though who knows ....good luck