PDA

View Full Version : Getting an electronic item sent to Tenerife?

timmylish
01-11-2011, 02:54
I need very urgent help/advice. I,ve eventually been able to find a company who will ship a refurbed B & N Nook Color from the States but, on contacting them, they refuse to send it to me but will ship to the UK. I could, of course, get it sent to my Daughter in Glasgow and then have her forward it to me. However, by me deleting reference to Tenerife in the Order Form, and merely putting in my address and Santa Cruz, to-gether with my Postal Code here what do you reckon. Are an American Co. likely to latch on that although in their shipping guide they do show Spain, are they likely to notice mine is Tenerife?:bowdown:

tracey_in_tenerife
01-11-2011, 10:08
I recently did this with a order online to next , I paid for the item , I waited 6 weeks in total and rang them when the items still hadn't arrived , they said unfortunately they didn't ship to Tenerife and must have been a glitch in the system as to why it also took my money , I was refunded straightaway but be aware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karinagal
01-11-2011, 10:12
It's up to you if you're willing to chance it - I guess it depends how quickly you want it! If its of any use to you, you could get it shipped to your daughter, she could get it to me (Cumbernauld) and I can bring it to you on 3rd December.....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cainaries
01-11-2011, 10:17
I need very urgent help/advice. I,ve eventually been able to find a company who will ship a refurbed B & N Nook Color from the States but, on contacting them, they refuse to send it to me but will ship to the UK. I could, of course, get it sent to my Daughter in Glasgow and then have her forward it to me. However, by me deleting reference to Tenerife in the Order Form, and merely putting in my address and Santa Cruz, to-gether with my Postal Code here what do you reckon. Are an American Co. likely to latch on that although in their shipping guide they do show Spain, are they likely to notice mine is Tenerife?:bowdown:

I wouldn't advise you to try and fool the system, timmylish. You might easily fool the Americans (!) but you won't fool the intermediary in Madrid.

I see Karinagal is offering to help you out. She must just come out here with a suitcase full of things for Forum members!

karinagal
01-11-2011, 11:11
I wouldn't advise you to try and fool the system, timmylish. You might easily fool the Americans (!) but you won't fool the intermediary in Madrid.

I see Karinagal is offering to help you out. She must just come out here with a suitcase full of things for Forum members!

:D Well, last time out I was carrying 2 2012 diaries, a collection of cat flea and worm treatments and 2kg of haggis!! I've previously carried 3 ereaders with memory cards, blank DVDs, light bulbs, square sausage, black pudding and so on...

As most of my summer clothes are already there, my case is usually half empty.. Next trip my orders are for more cat stuff, 3kgs of haggis and a 3 legged folding stool........! :p

Malteser Monkey
01-11-2011, 11:32
A three legged folding stool ??

Swede was the thing I used to get family to bring over - imagine the extra weight with a few of those !!!

karinagal
01-11-2011, 12:09
We've been looking for fold up seats to take to the beach or for hubby to use when he goes fishing. We have a load of them here in the UK but the only ones we've seen in Tenerife have been bulky to carry.... The little 3 legged one is the only one small enough to fit in hand luggage!!

timmylish
01-11-2011, 13:09
Karingal. Thank you so much for your very kind offer. Having slept on this overnight I,m still unsure what I shall do.
Anyway, if I need to seek your help I,ll be in contact.
Again, many thanks.

karinagal
01-11-2011, 15:05
No problem petal.

timmylish
01-11-2011, 16:38
OK Flower!
After eMailing the company concerned to ask what came with this refurbed Nook Color I am totally dis-satisfied with their response so, on reflection, I shall go down the eBay route, both UK and USA or any other avenue which gives me more comfort.
Again, thanks for the moment.

cainaries
01-11-2011, 23:47
:D Well, last time out I was carrying 2 2012 diaries, a collection of cat flea and worm treatments and 2kg of haggis!! I've previously carried 3 ereaders with memory cards, blank DVDs, light bulbs, square sausage, black pudding and so on...

As most of my summer clothes are already there, my case is usually half empty.. Next trip my orders are for more cat stuff, 3kgs of haggis and a 3 legged folding stool........! :p

I know you are generous and kind-hearted, karinagal, cos you offered to bring me out a kindle. Managed to get mine eventually from Amazon US and I love it. Haven't forgotten your very kind offer and thank you again for making it. (PS the cats could do with some flea treatment .... !!!)

karinagal
02-11-2011, 01:15
(PS the cats could do with some flea treatment .... !!!)

What age of cats and how many? I'm sure I could slip another couple of treatments in! The other option is that I could post them to you? Let me know... :p

anegib
02-11-2011, 14:21
I ordered a Kindle which I think is similar to what you want to buy last Friday from Amazon.com and it is being delivered tomorrow. If this any help to you.