PDA

View Full Version : How much does the Tenerife-La Gomera Ferry cost?

boxergirlie
02-11-2011, 10:00
Could anyone give me a rough idea of the ferry price / and duration to go to La Gomera ? We've been looking at organised trips vs diy visits !

Thanks .. from a very excited about to visit Tenerife for the first time person !!

waveydavey
02-11-2011, 10:11
Go to the website Fred Olsen ferrys to La Gomera and have a look,good luck.

boxergirlie
02-11-2011, 10:41
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I had looked at that website and saw it's about 100 euros return p/p with no car .. and thought I'd made a mistake - didn't think it would be that expensive. Thanks.

emskie
02-11-2011, 11:36
It is actually cheaper to take a day trip! Plus when you get to la Gomera there is no messing with public transport!

have a look at www.tenerifesunshine.com

boxergirlie
02-11-2011, 12:33
Hi Emskie ... yes I saw that website being recommended on another posting, which gave me the idea of visiting La Gomera. But not being a huge fan of organised trips, thought it would be more fun and less expensive to go on our own steam (so to speak) ... VERY wrong !! So will probably book one of the day trips now !

emskie
02-11-2011, 13:21
I went over once with a friend and hired a car, what a nightmare day we had!! We got so lost, never saw a thing and just ended up car sick:lol:

Bhamannette
02-11-2011, 13:52
I went on one of the organised trips a few years ago with my husband and it was a great day out, travelled round the island to places of interest and stopped at a restaurant for lunch were the staff did a demonstration of the whistling that they used to use to communicate, great fun and then had a few hours to wander round the town. Id recommend it but take a jacket or jumper as it can get a bit chilly up the mountain.

bestexcursion
02-11-2011, 17:49
If you will go to Los Cristianos it will cost you 77 Euros both ways.
If you will book it like excursion with the bus it will cost you around 50 euros with food and they will pick you up from your hotel, so you dont need spend money to get to the Los Cristianos port ;)

Fluffy
02-11-2011, 17:59
Ah! I was going to ask the same question - but don't need to now - thanks for the info :)