PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours to go

Balcony
03-11-2011, 09:38
24 little old hours to go before we're off to Los Cristianos.

This past month I've been ordering like mad from Amazon, getting Christmas presents ready, all without a hitch. A one-time order at QVC was quite the opposite! This week has been so busy that the major part of our packing was done last weekend! But no matter how meticulous the packing why is it we still keep finding stuff we need to take?! Ah, organisation. LOL.

Our house-sitters arrive later, but we're already thinking of arrival, unpacking and heading to the pool bar for a swiftie. In our heads we're also presenting the Bono card to the bus driver and heading for Medano for yet more photo-taking, light shopping and lunch at the beach bar, whose name I always forget. If anyone wants to join us....

We'll be meeting up with friends and heading up to Adeje for a long chicken lunch and also enjoying the walk to La Caletta and an equally long tapas lunch. The Ivy for a steak one night. The Habibi, probably more than once.

One of the things I like at the apartment is to have one, or two 'little jobs' (DIY to you and me) and these are all set to be done too. I have also to buy a new safe and get the old one moved to a new location.

It's been a long time, but do forum members still have the Tuesday meet-up? Last I heard it become a Thursday meet-up. Or the other way around. But is there a regular meet-up? Where, when?

My friend called and the bar we usually meet has stopped it's regular brew at €1 and replaced it with San Miguel at €1. I never liked San Mig, but maybe I can learn to like it!

Vortex Wake
03-11-2011, 10:30
Sounds fabulous :)

My best 'stepping off the plane to arriving on the beach' record was 55 minutes.

Ecky Thump
03-11-2011, 10:48
Sounds fabulous :)

My best 'stepping off the plane to arriving on the beach' record was 55 minutes.

Not bad at all, but maybe you have started a challenge that I might try.

My Estimate....run out of airport, jump in Taxi (who you dont have to bribe to drive fast), arrive at apartment (El Mirador) leave the cases to the wife and run down the hill...51 minutes!! is this time feasable or will I have to stick with the normal one hour.:D

Malteser Monkey
03-11-2011, 11:11

My Estimate....run out of airport, jump in Taxi (who you dont have to bribe to drive fast), arrive at apartment (El Mirador) leave the cases to the wife and run down the hill...51 minutes!! is this time feasable or will I have to stick with the normal one hour.:D

you're going to run down a hill for 51 mins Ecky ? wow more of a man than I thought:lol:

Stoney
03-11-2011, 11:21
could beat it easy, drop wife off with cases, take taxi to beach.

chips
03-11-2011, 11:25
Hi not long to go before we leave for Costa Adeje 17 hours to be precise, and by 1.30 tomorrow afternoon we shall be at the poolside bar of the Beach Club having a long cold drink, ,looking foward to a relaxing three weeks in the sun , and visiting some familiar places and some new ones, we seem to find something different each time we go,So to everyone else who is going on holiday and to those who are not, enjoy whatever your doing and i will seee you all when i get back . ttfn. Chips

Vortex Wake
03-11-2011, 11:32

Ahh, but I don't have suitcases, so no hanging around for baggage delivery at the airport - hence 'stepping off the plane'.

Taxi was complementary - so no wasting time with money :D

Balcony
03-11-2011, 11:37
It seems whenever we're 'ready' the cases are delayed at the airport. Only once have we had ours off in the first flush! No taxi tho, as a friend is meeting us, so hopefully we're on the balcony quick as a flash!

You'd think that after all these years we'd have learnt to pack light, but I still go home with half the wardrobe unworn!

Medman
03-11-2011, 12:08
My best time was plane touched down at 11.50am (trumpets playing) and we were sitting in the Sir Anthony sipping cocktails at 12.30pm.

PS Can't afford Sir Anthony now since they renovated it and doubled the prices .... :grrrr: