PDA

View Full Version : WANTED in Tenerife We need a buggy!

polremy
03-11-2011, 23:00
Got son, dil and grandchildren coming over for Christmas.
They're bringing one buggy with them but we could really do with a second one for the duration as the older child is only 2 and a bit!
Anybody got one to sell us secondhand?
Or, preferably since we are very short of space in our apartment, is there anyone who could lend us one?

uptowngirl
03-11-2011, 23:22
Oh Boo, I have just come back from UK and left my second buggy at my Mums otherwise you could have borrowed that!!!

Try the Canarian Weekly................. or if you go to somewhere like Carrefour, you can buy a cheapy. Or even better, get SON to buy a 15 quid one from Asdas.

OOh, hang on. hubby just tells me we have a spare one at our apartments you can borrow. It is basic, simple and a bit cranky but its what I lend to my friends who come over with toddlers who don't normally use a buggy, but would benefit from one whilst on holiday on nights out.

If you want to borrow it, PM me so we can arrange collection

Andy0210
04-11-2011, 02:49
Or if all else fails PM forum member Heffalumpy he works for a rental company and could fix you up with one for the time you need it. :)

MrsTT
04-11-2011, 18:58
There is a store in Tenerife called Little Canary with a website here (http://littlecanary.com/)

Says they hire buggys at €20 per week.

samantha
08-11-2011, 12:53
How old is the child? I could lend you a basic fold up buggy. It doesn't recline but ideal for a toddler.

polremy
08-11-2011, 18:06
Really kind of you, Samantha.
The child is 2 and a bit (bit of a bruiser actually!).
It's just that I don't think he could manage to walk from here (Santa Barbara) to San Blas and back if we wanted to go out for a meal one evening. He wouldn't need to recline.
I have had an offer of a buggy from Uptowngirl so I think I am sorted now.
Can I get back to you if we have a problem nearer to the time (Christmas)?
And thanks again. So kind.

samantha
09-11-2011, 12:39
Really kind of you, Samantha.
The child is 2 and a bit (bit of a bruiser actually!).
It's just that I don't think he could manage to walk from here (Santa Barbara) to San Blas and back if we wanted to go out for a meal one evening. He wouldn't need to recline.
I have had an offer of a buggy from Uptowngirl so I think I am sorted now.
Can I get back to you if we have a problem nearer to the time (Christmas)?
And thanks again. So kind.

Yes no problem. It's just a spare one I kkep in the car incase of emergencies.( ie my middle child falling to sleep while we are out, which has never happened yet!)

Lin Beery
11-11-2011, 10:16
We have on for sale almost new open to offers, I have pictures if you are interested. PM

polremy
11-11-2011, 10:42
Thanks, Lin.
I would prefer to borrow really - not that I'm too mean to spend money but because we have no space in our one bed apartment to store more stuff.
And, next time relations come over, (they stay in Santa Barbara) the little man is going to walk everywhere, like it or not.