PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Anyone for cricket? New team forming!

San Miguel
04-11-2011, 01:06
Hi all,
Dave Weller an extremely keen Cricketing friend of ours wants to create a cricket team. We have agreed to sponsor the team at THE MILL, Ocean Golf and Country Club, Golf del Sur and the first meeting to arrange practice times etc will be in the next 14 days. All ages and experience welcome with and without kit. Please PM me with best days and times for an initial meeting up session and I will get back to you with the first meeting arrangements. Please pass this on to anyone else you know who may well enjoy playing cricket, doesn't matter if they haven't played for a while. Experts more than welcome too! Let's have some fun Tenerife !

Andy0210
04-11-2011, 02:59
Is there much call for a Cricket Team in Tenerife???

Canīt say as i have heard much of a Cricket scene in Tenerife although did enjoy playing in my (much) younger days. :)

miguel
04-11-2011, 03:11
Hi all,
Dave Weller an extremely keen Cricketing friend of ours wants to create a cricket team. We have agreed to sponsor the team at THE MILL, Ocean Golf and Country Club, Golf del Sur and the first meeting to arrange practice times etc will be in the next 14 days. All ages and experience welcome with and without kit. Please PM me with best days and times for an initial meeting up session and I will get back to you with the first meeting arrangements. Please pass this on to anyone else you know who may well enjoy playing cricket, doesn't matter if they haven't played for a while. Experts more than welcome too! Let's have some fun Tenerife !Hi, Having played the game for the best part of 40 years at a good level i would love to see this work , but i am left wondering who are you going to play against. Good luck anyway. Miguel.

Muppet
04-11-2011, 12:11
I would imagine finding some grass to play on could be an issue?

xx

universal
04-11-2011, 15:56
The Indians (Hindu community) used to play here, I've played a couple of matches against them in the past on the old driving range on Golf del Sur (when there was grass on it).

San Miguel
05-11-2011, 00:34
There is another team that we know of but they havent got anyone to play against so we want to be that team. Please join us miguel !!!

There is an artificial grass sports centre at Adeje..

Loaded
05-11-2011, 00:51
What days and what time ? Not played for 15 years since school but up for a go

miguel
05-11-2011, 03:42
There is another team that we know of but they havent got anyone to play against so we want to be that team. Please join us miguel !!!

There is an artificial grass sports centre at Adeje.. Hi, Would love to play for you but at 62 my legs, hips and eyes are all saying a big no. Miguel.

Andy0210
05-11-2011, 03:49
Hi, Would love to play for you but at 62 my legs, hips and eyes are all saying a big no. Miguel.

From what i have read there is only one other team on the Island, you are hardly likely to get a bad review if you have a bad game are you ???

miguel
05-11-2011, 04:01
From what i have read there is only one other team on the Island, you are hardly likely to get a bad review if you have a bad game are you ??? Not looking for a review, had all those years ago, if you had taken note of my age i was more worried about having a heart attack out on the pitch. Miguel.

Andy0210
05-11-2011, 04:04
Not looking for a review, had all those years ago, if you had taken note of my age i was more worried about having a heart attack out on the pitch. Miguel.

I did take note, you could be the manager or coach though, age canīt take experience away. ;)

San Miguel
05-11-2011, 11:20
Well please chat to anyone you know who may be interested.... Its not super serious but we need at least 4 keen players and we got 3 already but if we can all have some fun, share some experience..perhaps be an umpire Miguel.

"Loaded".. you are the third member already !! When is a good time for you ? Dave is available most times so quite flexible but he appreciates that some people have more structured lives here.

Come on THE Mill CRICKET TEAM !!

KirstyJay
05-11-2011, 16:07
My bloke would be interested, but the Golf is WAY too far from us and he doesn't drive.

San Miguel
05-11-2011, 18:27
What area are you in. Practice and play likely to be in Adeje.

Loaded
05-11-2011, 22:02
Adeje is cool. I work days but have weds and sats off. Not got any cricket gear though

uptowngirl
05-11-2011, 22:16
Hubby is defo up for it if it is in Adeje!!!! Let me know times etc and I will pass message on

San Miguel
06-11-2011, 01:51
Hubby is defo up for it if it is in Adeje!!!! Let me know times etc and I will pass message on

Ok brill, we are spending the next 10 days or so getting as many people on board as possible so recruit recruit recruit..because not everyone will turn up !!

Apparently the boot fair at Guaza sometimes has some cricket gear for sale ( well they did last week)

San Miguel
10-11-2011, 17:25
OK last chance for anyone for cricket to join us !!

Tenerife Tulip
11-11-2011, 10:44
My husband would be very interested. Let us know the meeting arrangements please.

San Miguel
22-11-2011, 11:09
First meeting Sunday 4th December 6.00pm at THE MILL, Ocean Golf and Country Club, Golf del Sur. (take left 600 metres after excellente medical centre opposite Golf Plaza on the one way road, then bear to the right and look for the union jack)

If you have trouble getting there we can pick you up. Message for transport. Play and practice will thereafter be in Faņabe area.

Look forward to meeting you all

Dave and the Mill Cricket Team

evap
22-11-2011, 11:55
hi
my dad would be really interested in this. he has over 40 years experience including 20 years of coaching.
he does have problems with his back though, would it still be worth him coming along?
thanks x

San Miguel
22-11-2011, 13:58
Yes of course, he would be most welcome.

First meeting Sunday 4th December 6.00pm at THE MILL, Ocean Golf and Country Club, Golf del Sur. (take left 600 metres after excellente medical centre opposite Golf Plaza on the one way road, then bear to the right and look for the union jack)

If you have trouble getting there we can pick you up. Message for transport. Play and practice will thereafter be in Faņabe area.

Look forward to meeting you all

Dave and the Mill Cricket Team

San Miguel
04-12-2011, 15:35
Dont forget tonight is the 1st meeting of the mill cricket club, at the mill, golf del sur 6.00pm

Teera
05-02-2012, 22:06
Hi,
My boyfriend is the captain of a Yorkshire Dales Village cricket club and we are looking for teams in Tenerife to hopefully play in October? We are wondering if you would be interested in playing a friendly match at the beginning of October this year? Look forward to hearing from you. Teera