PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Mayweather V Paquiao, May 5th ?

CaribeCelt
04-11-2011, 13:46
It is been reported that Mayweather has told his people to get the fight against Paquiao signed up for the MGM on the 5th May.
I am not so sure as that would be a quick return to the ring for Mayweather and Paquiao.
Paquiao fights on the 12th November against Marquez and this could be Mayweather trying to play games and overshadow Paquiao's fight...He done it before the Paquiao V Hatton fight.

What do other people think?
Personally I hope it is true as it will be the best fight in a generation.

tonypub
04-11-2011, 13:56
would be no contest the pacman is the greatest/best fighter around by a long way.

CaribeCelt
04-11-2011, 14:18
would be no contest the pacman is the greatest/best fighter around by a long way.

Paquiao is indeed one of the best but Mayweather is up there with him...He has proven that time and again.

I personally would like to see Paquiao win but it will be a great spectacle whoever comes out on top.

dgagnon
20-11-2011, 11:09
I think that Pacquiao's lackluster performance against Marquez really pulled in Floyd for the fight. It was really looking like Mayweather just did not want to fight him, and with the bigger chance of winning he probably saw, as compared to how he finished the opponent, he is just a few steps out of the deal.

Probably the issue now would have to be splitting the purse and the drug test sampling they have been talking about for some time now.

CaribeCelt
28-11-2011, 15:37
I think that Pacquiao's lackluster performance against Marquez really pulled in Floyd for the fight. It was really looking like Mayweather just did not want to fight him, and with the bigger chance of winning he probably saw, as compared to how he finished the opponent, he is just a few steps out of the deal.

Probably the issue now would have to be splitting the purse and the drug test sampling they have been talking about for some time now.

Agree 100% mate Paquiao's performance against Marquez just might have clinched the deal.
I think the purse is not an issue as last time they agreed on that... it's down to Paquiao taking the blood test so many days before the fight,which Paquiao will take but he wants it two weeks before the fight as he said after a blood test he does'nt feel well for a couple of days.
Anyway lets hope it gets sorted.