PDA

View Full Version : Please sponsor my son for the 3 peaks challenge if you can

Jackie
04-11-2011, 17:39
My eldest son is doing the 3 peaks challenge in order to raise money for Cancer Research on 28th April 2012. He will be climbing Ben Nevis in Scotland, Mount Snowdon in Wales and Scaffell Pike in England all within 24 hours.

If any of you are able to sponsor him for whatever amount you can afford he would be very grateful. Many of us are touched by Cancer in one way or another and he is actually doing this in memory of my mum who we lost at the age of 67, the day after the climb would have been her 80th Birthday which makes it even more poignant.

If anyone can donate then please click on the link below and leave a message for him along with your donation just to let him know who you are and that you are off the Forum. Thanks all xxx

http://www.justgiving.com/Craig-Butler5

Angusjim
06-11-2011, 09:20
My eldest son is doing the 3 peaks challenge in order to raise money for Cancer Research on 28th April 2012. He will be climbing Ben Nevis in Scotland, Mount Snowdon in Wales and Scaffell Pike in England all within 24 hours.

If any of you are able to sponsor him for whatever amount you can afford he would be very grateful. Many of us are touched by Cancer in one way or another and he is actually doing this in memory of my mum who we lost at the age of 67, the day after the climb would have been her 80th Birthday which makes it even more poignant.

If anyone can donate then please click on the link below and leave a message for him along with your donation just to let him know who you are and that you are off the Forum. Thanks all xxx

http://www.justgiving.com/Craig-Butler5

Jackie why don't you not join for his little wander up them hills sounds an easy challenge to me :whistle::D!! Good luck to him hope he raises plenty of money for this very worthwhile charity. Come on forum members lets help him raise a few extra pounds I would think that most of you will be affected by cancer in some way during your life

Jackie
06-11-2011, 09:48
haha Jim if I thought for one minute that I could do it I would be there in a flash but on this occassion I am leaving it to the youngsters :) So far his girlfriend has abseiled down a tower block in London, done a Bungee jump off a crane in London and done the night time Marathon Walk all within the last few months for Cancer Research. Craig has been waiting for the 'big one' to do his bit lol Thank you so much for your donation:bowdown:

Angusjim
04-12-2011, 08:55
haha Jim if I thought for one minute that I could do it I would be there in a flash but on this occassion I am leaving it to the youngsters :) So far his girlfriend has abseiled down a tower block in London, done a Bungee jump off a crane in London and done the night time Marathon Walk all within the last few months for Cancer Research. Craig has been waiting for the 'big one' to do his bit lol Thank you so much for your donation:bowdown:

Come on everyone can we help Jackie's son reach his target for this worthwhile charity, it is quite a challenge he has set himself. Every fiver helps the research into this devastating illness which will affect most if not all of you sometime in your life. Its simple to to donate just click on www.Justgiving.com/Craig-Butler5 :)

YOUNG GOLFER
04-12-2011, 23:11
Come on everyone can we help Jackie's son reach his target for this worthwhile charity, it is quite a challenge he has set himself. Every fiver helps the research into this devastating illness which will affect most if not all of you sometime in your life. Its simple to to donate just click on www.Justgiving.com/Craig-Butler5 :)

Jim could you put me down for 10 pounds mate i will sort you out when you come over...dont have a credit card.

Just clicked on the link Jackie and your sons target is not huge 500 pounds... so come on forum members lets show a little support for this young man.
I lost my Auntie when she was very young to Cancer after just giving birth to my little niece..sad to say her husband then went back to Libya and lost all contact with all 4 of them.

caroletenerife
05-12-2011, 03:25
Good luck to your son, I've done Ben Nevis, and if I can manage it, he will breeze it (i did need to stop a couple of times for a fag right enough).. tip cosy clothes, cosy clothes,

Balcony
05-12-2011, 08:08
Will be glad to help

Angusjim
05-12-2011, 09:01
Jim could you put me down for 10 pounds mate i will sort you out when you come over...dont have a credit card.

Just clicked on the link Jackie and your sons target is not huge 500 pounds... so come on forum members lets show a little support for this young man.
I lost my Auntie when she was very young to Cancer after just giving birth to my little niece..sad to say her husband then went back to Libya and lost all contact with all 4 of them.

Thats it done YG
Cheers

Jim

Jackie
16-12-2011, 19:44
Thank you to all those that have donated so far. I thought I would let people get Christmas out of the way and then bring my sons challenge to peoples attention again. He hasn't put a huge target as with most things like this if he says an amount and doesn't reach it through sponsors then he has to pay the difference. It has already cost him over 300 pounds to actually do the challenge but he is hoping to raise a lot more than the 500 by the end of it. Once again Thank You.

Goforgold
17-12-2011, 12:33
Thank you to all those that have donated so far. I thought I would let people get Christmas out of the way and then bring my sons challenge to peoples attention again. He hasn't put a huge target as with most things like this if he says an amount and doesn't reach it through sponsors then he has to pay the difference. It has already cost him over 300 pounds to actually do the challenge but he is hoping to raise a lot more than the 500 by the end of it. Once again Thank You.

As Jacquie says there isn't one of us who hasn't either lost someone to cancer or knows someone who has suffered from it - so please support her son Craig in this huge Challenge he is undertaking.

Goforgold
02-01-2012, 18:50
In view of the very sad news of Gary Ablett, I thought it would be appropriate to raise this thread to the top.

Jackie
02-01-2012, 19:08
Thanks for that GFG :)

garlicbread
02-01-2012, 20:37
I would normally help Jackie but as you'll appreciate, with my wife's situation, I have given to AECC and AMATE here in Tenerife.

Andy0210
02-01-2012, 23:34
I've sent a tenner through this evening Jackie. :)

Jackie
02-01-2012, 23:41
I've sent a tenner through this evening Jackie. :)

Thank you so much Andy and your mum x

Jackie
03-04-2012, 18:07
Just giving this thread a little bump as it's not long now until the challenge. Just to let you all know that my son has been sponsored so far by a hell of a lot of people back in the UK, as well as those of you who clicked on the link in the first post. He looks set to make an amazing amount of money by the end of the challenge for the charity..it helps that he is a personal trainer and no one gets out of the gym without sponsoring him lol. He has even convinced his poor girlfriend that she wants to do the challenge with him. I've got to say I am so proud of him and his mates that are also doing the challenge, for a group of 25 year old lads they are brilliant, and his girlfriend of course.

To those of you that have already sponsored him a big THANK YOU and to anyone that hasn't clicked on the link but are able to sponsor him for whatever amount you can afford he would be really grateful to you. He's got a grueling 24 hours ahead of him and he wants to raise as much money as he possibly can from this challenge. I have no doubt that he will finish the challenge as he never gives up on anything he sets out to do and knowing the amount that he has been sponsored for so far there is no way he will give up.

Once again thank to all those that have already supported him... from one proud mum

Madre
03-04-2012, 19:16
Donation sent for this good cause x good luck to Craig.

Jackie
03-04-2012, 19:48
Thanks Madre and Megaloo...much appreciated x

Jackie
22-04-2012, 12:31
Just a little bump of this thread...One week to go until the big event, every little helps so please click on the link in the OP thank you x

Just been told that this event has actually been postponed until 22nd June as there is too much snow on Ben Nevis and there is a risk of it icing over...better to be safe and all that.

katielauren
22-04-2012, 15:22
Donation sent and accepted Jackie. Good luck to your son. Katie x

Jackie
22-04-2012, 16:06
Donation sent and accepted Jackie. Good luck to your son. Katie x

Thanks Katie x